All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is great news for me! Me and my friend were already planning on going but this will be so much closer :)

im pretty sure there are gyms in the LA county 10 million person area (ventura, san bernardio, orange, kern and san diego counties bring in another 10 million; all less then 1.5 hours from downtown LA). besides, what does that have to do with the success of the program? also, flying into LAX is the cheapest compared to the alternative options: long beach, burbank, ontario and john wayne, in my experience.
It's completely feasible to fly into any of those airports as well as LAX. Usually Ontario and Long Beach (and sometimes John Wayne) have economical flights, as well as LAX. Burbank, not so much. What venue has been chosen ? Do we know ? To say LA doesn't tell much since LA encompasses a big area. I agree with you regarding the number of teams in close proximity to LA. If you're from the East Coast maybe you're not real familiar with the West coast teams. But, there are a lot of good gyms and teams in close proximity to LA. People are complaining about the travel to LA. But, West Coast teams have to travel to the East Coast for competitions/events all the time. What's the difference ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It's completely feasible to fly into any of those airports as well as LAX. Usually Ontario and Long Beach (and sometimes John Wayne) have economical flights, as well as LAX. Burbank, not so much. What venue has been chosen ? Do we know ? To say LA doesn't tell much since LA encompasses a big area. I agree with you regarding the number of teams in close proximity to LA. If you're from the East Coast maybe you're not real familiar with the West coast teams. But, there are a lot of good gyms and teams in close proximity to LA. People are complaining about the travel to LA. But, West Coast teams have to travel to the East Coast for competitions/events all the time. What's the difference ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The venue for the worlds teams is the USC Galen center, for levels 1-4 it's the LA Sports center (per the champions league website).

Isn't the Champions League (the movie part) all invite only? 4 of the invited teams were in the western HALF of the country last year. To make it easier for 13% of previously invited teams and more difficult for 87% others, doesn't make sense.

I compared the flights from Boston (flying the 20th and 23rd) and it's substantially cheaper to fly to LAX then Las Vegas - $350 compared to $500 (which seems very expensive for some reason).

I compared the flights from Boston (flying the 20th and 23rd) and it's substantially cheaper to fly to LAX then Las Vegas - $350 compared to $500 (which seems very expensive for some reason).
I did the same thing and was shocked. However, I think the Vegas fares will go down substantially in the next few months and I don't see the LAX fares going down, and it is too early for us to purchase tickets, and $350/ticket is still really expensive. I can live with LA, although it is a lot of travel in 2 months for teams who also compete at NCA and Worlds. I love the fact that Champions League will be in a different location each year. I don't love that they already announced the Vegas location and now have changed it, and did the same thing last year.

I think gyms will go. It is great publicity for all star cheer and cheer gyms. If I remember right ,could be wrong, it is invite only. So, that makes it feel prestigious/like an honor in some ways. And, lots & lots of people went out to view the movie event.

I think gyms will go. It is great publicity for all star cheer and cheer gyms. If I remember right ,could be wrong, it is invite only. So, that makes it feel prestigious/like an honor in some ways. And, lots & lots of people went out to view the movie event.
The original "league" was invite only. It is my understanding that the bottom 2 AG and coed from each year will be removed from the League (but could compete again as a wildcard) and new teams will be invited to join. However, there are wildcard spots open to any Senior Level 5 team that can advance them into the finals, and the other divisions are run like a regular competition, so it is really open to everybody.

The original "league" was invite only. It is my understanding that the bottom 2 AG and coed from each year will be removed from the League (but could compete again as a wildcard) and new teams will be invited to join. However, there are wildcard spots open to any Senior Level 5 team that can advance them into the finals, and the other divisions are run like a regular competition, so it is really open to everybody.

Do you know which teams were on the bottom and won't automatically requalify?

Well, if they want the movie/Hollywood-esque aspect, LA is definitely the place to go.

Isn't the Champions League (the movie part) all invite only? 4 of the invited teams were in the western HALF of the country last year. To make it easier for 13% of previously invited teams and more difficult for 87% others, doesn't make sense.
With new teams being invited and other changes, maybe that statistic would change.
I have no dog in this battle anymore - I'll be an East Coaster soon.

Latest posts

Back