All-Star Champions League April 2-3, 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's a little bit funny that all over Twitter the list of comps and winners for large senior is circulating, yet the only competition no version of the tweets include is The Majors, aka the ONLY competition this season that F5, Stars, SE, Orange and Panthers were all at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a crazy/unorganized/confusing weekend. I have to say, this goes in my top 3 most horribly run (and expensive) comps EVER! Traveling across country to LA was easier than 30 miles from my home. Very little information and most of that was incorrect. The ticket debacle alone was INEXCUSABLE. But here is my perception of the weekend:
Red Carpet - parents were not able to go and even see their kids walk it or take pictures. We couldn't even watch the "free live stream" because the wifi was so awful. And let me tell you there was NOTHING FREE about this weekend.
This was easily the BEST part of the weekend.
Having to stand in line to get a photo copied ticket, only to be told "you will need to wait for your D ticket while we copy more"
Having to go 3 hours prior to get a seat and fight the stampede of people who were clearly raised in barns. What about the people who might have to help ready their kids for performance? "Sorry sweetie...mom has to go stand in line then trample others so I can POSSIBLY see you compete in 3 hours".
Paying $44 each to sit behind OBSTRUCTING POLES AND BEHIND ATHLETES WHO JUST STOOD IN FRONT OF THE SEATS
Not enough security in the venue to stop all of the people blocking the view. We finally gave up and just sat far enough back that no one would want to stand in front of us.
Extremely rude people working, but I have found this to be a DC thing vs a CL thing. Don't like it, but am used to it since I live in the DMV
There was no need for the "commentators table" to be at the edge of the stage BLOCKING A TON OF THE $44 seats we all paid for.
Regarding results... I am perfectly fine with BSB winning overall along with Panthers winning AG. Some of the other divisions I am still scratching my head, but that's the same as last year, so that's a CL/Majors/Ultimate Battle and any of these type of comps where scores are usually not shared and coaches can't review them for discrepancies. After last year, I would be SHOCKED if they released scores.
All in all, this was an expensive, confusing, and poorly run competition. So glad that the kids had fun on Friday night, but more glad I don't have to go back next year.

What a crazy/unorganized/confusing weekend. I have to say, this goes in my top 3 most horribly run (and expensive) comps EVER! Traveling across country to LA was easier than 30 miles from my home. Very little information and most of that was incorrect. The ticket debacle alone was INEXCUSABLE. But here is my perception of the weekend:
Red Carpet - parents were not able to go and even see their kids walk it or take pictures. We couldn't even watch the "free live stream" because the wifi was so awful. And let me tell you there was NOTHING FREE about this weekend.
This was easily the BEST part of the weekend.
Having to stand in line to get a photo copied ticket, only to be told "you will need to wait for your D ticket while we copy more"
Having to go 3 hours prior to get a seat and fight the stampede of people who were clearly raised in barns. What about the people who might have to help ready their kids for performance? "Sorry sweetie...mom has to go stand in line then trample others so I can POSSIBLY see you compete in 3 hours".
Paying $44 each to sit behind OBSTRUCTING POLES AND BEHIND ATHLETES WHO JUST STOOD IN FRONT OF THE SEATS
Not enough security in the venue to stop all of the people blocking the view. We finally gave up and just sat far enough back that no one would want to stand in front of us.
Extremely rude people working, but I have found this to be a DC thing vs a CL thing. Don't like it, but am used to it since I live in the DMV
There was no need for the "commentators table" to be at the edge of the stage BLOCKING A TON OF THE $44 seats we all paid for.
Regarding results... I am perfectly fine with BSB winning overall along with Panthers winning AG. Some of the other divisions I am still scratching my head, but that's the same as last year, so that's a CL/Majors/Ultimate Battle and any of these type of comps where scores are usually not shared and coaches can't review them for discrepancies. After last year, I would be SHOCKED if they released scores.
All in all, this was an expensive, confusing, and poorly run competition. So glad that the kids had fun on Friday night, but more glad I don't have to go back next year.

Regarding scores - Twisters tweeted a screenshot photo of one of their teams' results and I noticed there were tabs to see score breakdowns by categories, so unless all of that was blank, the coaches definitely have that information.

ETA it was retweeted

Regarding scores - Twisters tweeted a screenshot photo of one of their teams' results and I noticed there were tabs to see score breakdowns by categories, so unless all of that was blank, the coaches definitely have that information.

ETA it was retweeted

I was talking about just Champion's League

We were at a competition all of yesterday so opted out of the live feed and I'm glad we did---that commentary :confused:

Interesting placements across the board---anyone know which score sheet system they were using?

Hope the TGLC athlete is doing better today!

We were at a competition all of yesterday so opted out of the live feed and I'm glad we did---that commentary :confused:

Interesting placements across the board---anyone know which score sheet system they were using?

Hope the TGLC athlete is doing better today!
Not sure, it isn't Varsity though. Based on watching the live feed last night, the placements were pretty consistent with what I was thinking though.

Back