All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, call me an optimist but I think they can do it.

I hope the movie conveys the electricity and excitement that was present in the room.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
That excitement isn't something that I'll soon forget, if ever. These kids are amazing for what they do. I'm so glad they got to shine.

Same. I believe the youngest CP has scored herself a "date" with a rather athletic young suitor who's been peppering her with questions about what it is she does and wondered if there was a competition he could come watch. She offered this as the alternative since all she has left this season is one more travel competition and worlds. :)

awww cute! He sounds like a sweetheart! oh young love....

I also want to say that since I read here that McLovins daughter was singing the National Anthem I made it a point to line up early so I wouldn't miss it and I'm so glad I did!!! She handled herself like a professional and did a great job!!! Congratulations to A and your family. It was a pleasure watching her perform both times!!!! Great job!!!

thank you so much!! It was a special moment for her that almost got axed. They were running way behind and didn't want her to sing. Tammy (the lady running the actual comp) told Orson she was gonna try and find a way to get her on that stage to sing. She made it happen while they were ushering everyone in to take their seats. It was the best she's ever done on the anthem and it was a very proud moment for her and me thank you Missy for making it a point to be there!! That means more than you'll ever know!!

i was reading through this thread and some of yall are lucky its sunday.... the day or the LORDTTTTTT and im going to be nice on this holy sunday of mine and keep my mouth shut because some of yall deff. have a sense of immaturity and care too damn much about things when at the end of the day as long as the kids had a good experience thats all that matter.....

helleluyeeerrrr

I'm not entirely sure I know what this says but I'm pretty sure I agree with it.

OK - I will play in here. I was at the event and brought like 15 or so teams. Did the event have some kinks to work out? Yes! (But it was their first event with a completely new concept) You want the bad...here it was (timing, scheduling, and posting results were a little rough) But they had to reinvent the wheel so I expected those things to be a little rough.

But here is what the event DID do well.

The Red Carpet thing....it made my kids feel special. It gave them a reason to dress up, look their best, and bond together as a team in something other than shorts and a t shirt. It was a great feeling not only for the kids but for the parents of the kids who got to line up and take photos of their kids to show to their families. My parents loved this!

Prom - another team bonding opportunity. Many of these kids miss their proms, spring breaks, and vacations for cheer. This event gave them that back. My kids had a great time especially the ones who have never got to experience their own proms because of cheer.

The concept of the Cat walk.....other events have done this but I can tell you EVERY one of my teams that walked off the mat and down the cat walks high 5'ing all the parents and fans had a smile on their face and they looked proud to be a cheerleader. Instead of the BOOM (routine end) hurry off the floor the next team is coming on because we have a schedule to keep.

The stage and production was awesome for a first event. Having the cameras there and the huge production gave this event a big event feel and made the kids feel like they were important. Also having the huge programs there also made the younger kids excited to be able to compete with all these other big gyms.

There is nothing wrong with glorifying cheerleaders. For the amount of money they spend for 2:30 8 times a year.....I think this event gave them that extra attention they deserve. I definitely do not think this event promoted cheerlebrities. It promoted teams.

Hats off to a great event. I hope they continue to evolve this and work out the kinks. Its a cool experience.

I could type more but I just got back from Atlanta and I am tired but I wanted to comment.....Sorry if it is a little scrambled.

From what i´m reading from people who were there, i think it was a great thing for the athletes and viewers.

I just don´t get the best emotion and best practise wear thing. Will we get "Best hair" next time?
If you want to highlight the sport and the athletes, please highlight the athletic side of the sport and not the cutest outfit.

a lot of people might be hating on the awards choices... best practice wear, best emotion, etc., but is this something new that came out of nowhere or is it something that simply reflects cheer's culture? take a look at the most popular and active threads on here. aside from the team videos thread, which showcases the athletic part of cheer, the most active threads are about uniforms, practice uniforms, tshirts and fierce faces.

Here we go again - were you there, or are you just getting your information on social media and passing it off as firsthand knowledge like you do with everything else you post?

I was not there, I never said I was there!
I was getting the feel, just like everyone else on this exact thread who was not there, that is wasn't the same kind of buzz on social media as there was with other competitions.
Aplogies, I should have made it clearer that I meant social media feel not me in person feel.

Since the last time you last commented to me and showed me that I was maybe giving off the wrong impressions I have been taking more care in what I post on here and I didn't think I said anything wrong but I just think you think I have malicious intentions with everything I post. I really don't :(

If you have the time, could you please PM me with what I have done to hurt you? You clearly don't like me as you comment rudely and say hurtful things to me on lots of things I say on this board. I am sorry if I have hurt you in anyway, it was not my intention.
I would like to try and resolve this with you because I don't like to fight with people. If you don't want to resolve anything, that's fine but I would like to think that an adult (I assume you're an adult) can be civil towards a teenager.

a lot of people might be hating on the awards choices... best practice wear, best emotion, etc., but is this something new that came out of nowhere or is it something that simply reflects cheer's culture? take a look at the most popular and active threads on here. aside from the team videos thread, which showcases the athletic part of cheer, the most active threads are about uniforms, practice uniforms, tshirts and fiercethies.

While I certainly see your point, I think that's more of a reflection of society today in general, particularly the irrelevant parts to this weird counterculture that's produced and heralded fame for fame's sake. Kind of like Paris Hilton, the Kardashian clan, Joan Rivers best/worst dressed list after every award, hours of footage before a famous award show just so we can see what so and so is wearing and who they're with, the list can go on for days.

It doesn't mean that we should be wasting all of our time on these vapid and insipid aspects. Do you know why I listen to music? Because I love music and it's quite possibly the most beautiful art to have ever graced this earth- not bc I care who's dating who and what they're wearing. Do you know why I watch movies, the television, comedian, etc, etc? To learn, to be inspired, to laugh, reminisce, to be on awe, and so on. Not to see if Rob Pattinson and Kristin Stewart are dating, or who looks like crap w/o their makeup on.

Do you know why I watch sports? It's not to see who's in trouble w/the law, who's cheated on their spouse, what club they went to the night before; it's bc I love sports plain and simple. That's not to say that I think you're a bad person if you are interested in the other stuff (especially when you're a kid and you have a crush on a celebrity, etc)- merely that it isn't and shouldn't be the primary objective, much less highlighted for those shallow reasons. "We" might get it bc we're completely summersed in this sport from multifaceted angles, but I assure you others won't.

I don't mind the "cheerleb" thing bc many kids look up to athletes and are inspired to do better, work harder, etc. I'd rather not have them do it for the wrong (shallow) reasons and that's where my main concern lies w/the thought of those rather "silly" awards- that it's the Joan Rivers equivalent of a spectacle instead of a Sports Illustrated or ESPN magazine listing the stats of players, interviewing coaches and athletes for info pertaining to the sport itself rather than what their new uniform and/or practice gear looks like. At least not until this sport is given the same respect as the rest.[/QUOTE]

I think because this was being filmed for a movie, which is something that has never happened before, it changed the dynamic of the competition.

It honestly did not feel like a competition in any way - it felt like an athletes prom and then teams being filmed for the movie. I genuinely forgot that there would be actual winners.

I was not there, I never said I was there!
I was getting the feel, just like everyone else on this exact thread who was not there, that is wasn't the same kind of buzz on social media as there was with other competitions.
Aplogies, I should have made it clearer that I meant social media feel not me in person feel.

Since the last time you last commented to me and showed me that I was maybe giving off the wrong impressions I have been taking more care in what I post on here and I didn't think I said anything wrong but I just think you think I have malicious intentions with everything I post. I really don't :(

If you have the time, could you please PM me with what I have done to hurt you? You clearly don't like me as you comment rudely and say hurtful things to me on lots of things I say on this board. I am sorry if I have hurt you in anyway, it was not my intention.
I would like to try and resolve this with you because I don't like to fight with people. If you don't want to resolve anything, that's fine but I would like to think that an adult (I assume you're an adult) can be civil towards a teenager.

There is a difference between rude and honest. Your post gave the impression that you were there and were speaking with first hand knowledge, and this is not the first time. This is the problem that I have - you post things that are not true. You have given false information about individual athletes - I have a problem with that, and in those posts that you made about these individuals you never once said you were getting your information on social media until I questioned you several weeks ago. You give a lot of information about all aspects of cheerleading but yet you say you have never been involved with cheerleading. I think fans outside the industry are a great thing, but I will be honest that I find it a bit unsettling that you know so much with so little first hand experience. I was posting as a concerned parent and perhaps the delivery in my post was too harsh, but this board has had problems in the past. I have raised my concerns and will refrain from commenting on your posts going forward.

There is a difference between rude and honest. Your post gave the impression that you were there and were speaking with first hand knowledge, and this is not the first time. This is the problem that I have - you post things that are not true. You have given false information about individual athletes - I have a problem with that, and in those posts that you made about these individuals you never once said you were getting your information on social media until I questioned you several weeks ago. You give a lot of information about all aspects of cheerleading but yet you say you have never been involved with cheerleading. I think fans outside the industry are a great thing, but I will be honest that I find it a bit unsettling that you know so much with so little first hand experience. I was posting as a concerned parent and perhaps the delivery in my post was too harsh, but this board has had problems in the past. I have raised my concerns and will refrain from commenting on your posts going forward.

Completely respect your feelings. I feel you have been too harsh and rude in your delivery, but some see things harsher than others I suppose.

After your comments last week to me I thought about it and thought, yeah she/he is right - I can see how its unsettling that I know all this info so I made the concious decision to refrain from posting about them in such a way. My decision.

However here, I was posting about an event and said "It didn't feel like a competition", because to me - it did not feel like a competition on fierceboard. Normally there is more buzz about scores and this time there was more buzz about prom and a movie.
You took that completely the wrong way and assumed this post was me saying I'm at the event? Hm.

The issue I have is that there were at least 20 people in this thread that posted similar to what I had said and yet you chose my specific post, like you appear to have over the past couple of weeks in multiple threads, to comment on. No one else that was posting anything of basically the same - just mine. It's clear you have an issue with me, but as long as you can be mature and refrain from rude commenting towards me any more then I will do the same :)
You are more than welcome to comment on my posts, I don't mind that at all since that is the nature of this board - I was just a little taken aback and upset by your tone and words. There are ways to get your point across without being mean.

i was reading through this thread and some of yall are lucky its sunday.... the day or the LORDTTTTTT and im going to be nice on this holy sunday of mine and keep my mouth shut because some of yall deff. have a sense of immaturity and care too damn much about things when at the end of the day as long as the kids had a good experience thats all that matter.....

helleluyeeerrrr

madea_hallelujer.gif
EL OH EL!! Can we just be best friends already??

This was created as a revolutionary event to change the entire industry but when the very industry that you are trying to change gives you feedback they are told they shouldn't have an opinion because they weren't there. There seems to be some CL ideas that everyone might like in the end but telling posters they shouldn't make comments as an "outsider looking in" doesn't instill confidence that you're doing this for the whole industry.

I hope these same poster's opinions are respected both good or bad once the movie comes out.

Back