All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No question here, but something I found today regarding CA. I was looking at those websites that have 15 bla bla pictures showing whatever. I came across 22 cheerleader who failed so hard they won. There is picture of claw 6 I believe from 2013/14 season. It's a picture of the flyers flying from one stunt group to the next. I don't know how it was a fail lol since they were flying through the air successfully. The caption said they were 15 years old lol. Totally random I came across that CA picture.

why do you have your flyers on cheetahs grab there scales from their shin instead of the back of their leg?

Do you feel most of your higher level athletes learn and maintain skills such as doubles and standing fulls through classes, privates, or a combination of both?

Do you feel most of your higher level athletes learn and maintain skills such as doubles and standing fulls through classes, privates, or a combination of both?
It depends on the athlete. Overall it is a combination of working on them in practices, tumbling classes, privates, or even our skills camps.

What's your policy on another gym using 5 of your teamnames? (Royalcats, sassykatz, thunderkatz and a few others)

Lions, tigers, jags, and the more "real cat" names don't bother me much. The less-commonly used names being used frustrates me a little bit, but there really isn't much that can be done without spending an insane amount of money to trademark those names. Using a very similar logo and/or the name "Cheer Athletics" (or something confusingly similar) bother me a great deal.

How do people drive around 4 hours each way to come to your gym? Do u work with there practice times or allow them to miss? Just curious

Curious. Do teams start fresh every season at tryouts, or are certain athletes who were on a team last year given an almost guaranteed spot again on the same team.

Curious. Do teams start fresh every season at tryouts, or are certain athletes who were on a team last year given an almost guaranteed spot again on the same team.
Obviously I'm not BlueCat so this doesn't really count, but I'm going to guess that they start fresh every season. I've been giving this a lot of thought since reading the thread about SE/LoT. Here's my logic:
We all know the teams the cheerleading world considers the "premier teams" at Cheer Athletics: Wildcats, Cheetahs, Panthers. Maybe it's because they've been around longer and have more globes under their belts or something (lol autocorrect, not gloves. Nobody has gloves under their belts.). Like it or not, a lot of people just see it that way, the same as the do with SE and LE, or BSB and BSW. If Suzie walked into tryouts with a double and the coaches thought she'd have more success on, I don't know, JungleCats, deep down she'd be a little disappointed she didn't make Cheetahs.
I say all that to say, I've seen people from the "premier teams" move "down" to JungleCats or FierceKatz the next year. I've even seen Panthers move to Cheetahs and vice versa. They seemed very mature and appreciative about it, despite what the anonymous haters on Twitter/IG had to say. I've seen people tryout for Wildcats with amazing skills, then be disappointed when the made LadyKatz or Claw 6 (which is crazy to me, but you know, the "premier team" mentality). But at the end of the day, they all were placed where they were the best fit, regardless of where they competed the previous year.
I've heard rumors about certain "cheerlebrities" being on teams without skills, but I refuse to believe a brand as big as CA would need to do that. I mean, you have multiple Worlds teams and level 5 athletes. Everyone's replaceable. I think everyone there knows that. CA is in the business of building the best possible teams and making sure every athlete is where they belong; not putting those athletes wherever they want to make them happy.
I think the reason few people leave the teams they were on at the elite level for a different team in the same program is because they have been more or less "trying out" all year while competing on that team. Coaches see how they work with others, how they handle pressure, their strengths, weaknesses, etc. They see whether or not they'd be better coed or all girl stunting, and so on. If they performed well and did their job all year with that team, then they already have an edge on the newcomers who have the same skills as them: experience. I'd say something about saving money not having to buy a new uniform, but all teams get new uniforms every year nowadays so that's probably no longer a factor, lol.

How do people drive around 4 hours each way to come to your gym? Do u work with there practice times or allow them to miss? Just curious

Im not bluecat, but i am a mom whos daughter does 4hrs each way

Lol it takes lots of discipline for the athlete. But i will say it has taught my daughter to learn to manage her time wisely and to be very responsible.

Homework is done in the car on the way up and most of the time sleep the entire car ride home.

This is our 3rd year doing it.
We get home on week night practices about 130am. And school starts at 715am. it takes discipline and the right mind set for sure to make it work.

Practice times vary during the weekend. And usually worlds teams practice 730pm to 930pm during the week. So leaving shortly after school lets out is a must to make it by 730.

I will say its 110% worth it!

Last edited:

Lol it takes lots of discipline for the athlete. But i will say it has taught my daughter to learn to manage her time wisely and to be very responsible.

Homework is done in the car on the way up and most of the time sleep the entire car ride home.

We get home on week night practices about 130am. And school starts at 715am. it takes discipline and the right mind set for sure to make it work.

Practice times vary during the weekend. And usually worlds teams practice 730pm to 930pm during the week. So leaving shortly after school lets out is a must to make it by 730.

Four. Hours.

oh my god. I could barely handle a 1.5 hour drive to my old gym. Thats crazy!!! But I see you've made it work!

How many practices do they have during the week?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back