All-Star Cheer: Full Out!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Somehow it seems unfair that certain teams get multiple new uniforms gifted to them each season, while a team of Blink's caliber is still using ones that say 'Black Smack' on the back.
Even though I love those old unis, I really hope people buy those bows and shirts to help them get there.

Last edited:
Hi Essence, you're stunningly beautiful. I don't think they ever featured her before or I just didn't notice. but really, she should model.

Somehow it seems unfair that certain teams get multiple new uniforms gifted to them each season, and wear them only once, while a team of Blink's caliber is still using ones that say 'Black Smack' on the back.
Even though I love those old unis, I really hope people buy those bows and shirts to help them get there.

The black uniform was worn once. You can't even read the "black smack" while they're performing. I guess I don't understand the big deal. Obviously the gym owned the uniforms if they still had them to give to the team this season so they didn't pay for them and they were barely used. I'd rather take that money to pay for the costs the bid doesn't cover, especially as a poor college kid.. but that's just me. Also, worlds is next week. they're going to raise enough money, design a uniform, order it, have it produced, delivered and on the floor by worlds? they're either not getting uniforms or they already have them at this point.

The black uniform was worn once. You can't even read the "black smack" while they're performing. I guess I don't understand the big deal. Obviously the gym owned the uniforms if they still had them to give to the team this season so they didn't pay for them and they were barely used. I'd rather take that money to pay for the costs the bid doesn't cover, especially as a poor college kid.. but that's just me. Also, worlds is next week. they're going to raise enough money, design a uniform, order it, have it produced, delivered and on the floor by worlds? they're either not getting uniforms or they already have them at this point.
...I don't know the logistical details, I'm just giving them some words of support...
All I know is they're a new team, they deserve a uniform that doesn't have their previous name on the back. The least we can do is buy their t-shirts.

I've always thought Essence stood out. She is a very striking woman.

But my favorite thing was Debbie Love's "Cheer IQ"...I'm totally stealing that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish that instead of multiple new unis getting gifted to a single team in a single that, after one gift, the others they would have given that same team would be given to teams like the one from cheerhab. I know they ended up getting unis thanks to Eddie and Orby so that was wonderful but there are others out there that NEED unis and other necessities . This has nothing to do with blink wanting or needing them at all and I'm not saying they shouldn't get them or fund raise for them. It was just a jumping off point. I wonder if a team could choose to give the unis they would have gotten to a team or program that didn't have any at all?

@Senior5Allie - I totally agree. I've always wondered why these uniform companies don't reach out to gyms with financial situations similar to this one to try new styles or uniforms on those athletes, or have them be in their catalogues. Then I remember, oh yeah..it's because we are still stuck in the cheerlebrity craze. It's just getting a bit ridiculous, IMO. I am not saying these athletes and teams don't deserve recognition for their accomplishments, or that they are not talented (I'm not an idiot), but is all of the excess really necessary? I don't personally believe it is, especially when there are other individuals who simply want to to cheer and cannot remotely come close to getting these necessities, even when many work just as hard and love the sport just as much.

AND furthermore, how on earth does the constant gifting to these teams (I guess I could go on a tangent here about invite-only comps, too) represent unity in the sport? My answer? It doesn't.

I wish that instead of multiple new unis getting gifted to a single team in a single that, after one gift, the others they would have given that same team would be given to teams like the one from cheerhab. I know they ended up getting unis thanks to Eddie and Orby so that was wonderful but there are others out there that NEED unis and other necessities . This has nothing to do with blink wanting or needing them at all and I'm not saying they shouldn't get them or fund raise for them. It was just a jumping off point. I wonder if a team could choose to give the unis they would have gotten to a team or program that didn't have any at all?

That has a lot to do with marketing though. A team like Blink being gifted uniforms would get them a lot of press so I'm not sure why this team specifically wasn't thought of; but being honest if a team like Senior Elite gets a new uni for Majors, Cheersport, and World's it's talked about on here. The pictures go into the pic thread and it gets critiqued, liked, mentioned...etc, etc. If a lesser known team is gifted a uniform who is that reaching? If there isn't a big name, is the company supplying the uniform going to get the same investment back on word-of-mouth comments? Likely not.

I don't really like this direction of marketing within a child based sport because it essentially hurts the kids who aren't on 'famous' teams, but on the other hand I completely understand the business aspect of it.

That has a lot to do with marketing though. A team like Blink being gifted uniforms would get them a lot of press so I'm not sure why this team specifically wasn't thought of; but being honest if a team like Senior Elite gets a new uni for Majors, Cheersport, and World's it's talked about on here. The pictures go into the pic thread and it gets critiqued, liked, mentioned...etc, etc. If a lesser known team is gifted a uniform who is that reaching? If there isn't a big name, is the company supplying the uniform going to get the same investment back on word-of-mouth comments? Likely not.

I don't really like this direction of marketing within a child based sport because it essentially hurts the kids who aren't on 'famous' teams, but on the other hand I completely understand the business aspect of it.

Oh I totally get why it doesn't happen how I said I wished it did butI would love it if it were different. I wouldn't even care if the uniform company bragged about it afterwards or whatever to get the credit/fame as long as the kids who needed them got them. It's just something that would be nice. I agree with you on not liking the direction it's going in. I'm fine with the big name gyms/teams getting new unis gifted still. I just wish that after the first one of many in the season that the others would get donated.

I agree that if anyone is gifted new uniforms, it should be based on need and not "gym fame" - however, I guess the same thing happens w/ celebrities getting free clothes to wear on the red carpet so us "regular people" will want to buy them :(.

Back