Cheer Gear/apparel

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 11, 2014
This is my first year coaching a high school squad. I've coached middle school for several years. I know what I needed to order for my girls at the middle school level, but I'm second guessing everything for the older girls. So, my question is, ideally, what gear would every cheerleader have? I know they need camp/practice outfits, poms, and uniforms. I'm wondering about all of the "extra" stuff.

This is my first year coaching a high school squad. I've coached middle school for several years. I know what I needed to order for my girls at the middle school level, but I'm second guessing everything for the older girls. So, my question is, ideally, what gear would every cheerleader have? I know they need camp/practice outfits, poms, and uniforms. I'm wondering about all of the "extra" stuff.
We have school owned uniforms. We get a new one every few years. As of now we have 3 to rotate between games and competitions.

Aside from that we have camp clothes (double as practice clothes all year.) We have a warm-up jacket and pant that we keep the same every year to help keep costs down. We typically get a hoodie and sweat pant outfit every year. It's always an optional fun purchase. We have backpacks and optional duffle bags. It really shouldn't be that different from middle school. Don't second guess what you already know!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Team backpack- We got one my freshman year of high school cheer and I used it all throughout high school. It wasn't anything fancy (not Nfinity or anything), just a nice black backpack with high school name & cheerleading on it.

Team sweatshirt- Always nice to wear to class and if you love in a cold state everyone can wear them under there warm up jackets at cold football games so then everyone still matches.

Not necessary, but we also had yoga jackets. It's just a zip up jacket made out of the material that yoga pants are made out of. Had a graphic on the back and name embroidered on the front. So comfortable. We also go yoga pants as a end of the year gift for coaching our areas youth team. Not necessary at all but comfortable and perfect to wear on the flight down to Nationals!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I cheered on varsity for 4 years and we got team warm ups and we buy uniforms and keep them and get new ones ever few years. we had poms. we have camp wear and is also practice wear and camp bows... Bows N Bling by BowsNBling12 on Etsy will do very nice bows for cheap price! and we had alot of optional stuff such as sweatshirts, backpacks, bags. and if you do competitions get signs, or get signs for football games that say defense or somthing like that it really helps getting the crowd involved.. hoped i helped:)

Back