All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's one of the things at old gym I hated.... asked for straight pony, and we got a variety of everything but straight hair!

I was hoping for a straight pony this year, but alas, it's not going to happen, which is why I needed the name of the curlers. <sigh>

We're stuck with straight, no poof ponytails this season (at least for 1-day competitions). As much as I don't like dealing with curling my CP's massive amounts of hair, I do prefer curled hairstyles for cheer. I just think it gives an overall better look.
Give me a straight pony and a comfortable night sleep for cp any day. One less thing to worry about.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I was hoping for a straight pony this year, but alas, it's not going to happen, which is why I needed the name of the curlers. <sigh>
Curl formers really work! My kid has 30" of thick hair. We've tried the curl formers on damp hair with no products and dry hair with hairspray or gel. Damp hair had perfect curls all day! Dry hair came out board straight. If you have a Sally's Beauty Supply near you, buy the smaller supplement sets. That way you only get the size curlers you need. 8-10 curlers for $13 and they always have 5.00 off coupons.

We're stuck with straight, no poof ponytails this season (at least for 1-day competitions). As much as I don't like dealing with curling my CP's massive amounts of hair, I do prefer curled hairstyles for cheer. I just think it gives an overall better look.
yes it really does look so much better it adds more volume and just looks so nice and neat. I am just obsessed with curls. I love to curl my hair and poof my bangs. Its so cute. I much rather that then just straight pony tails its plain and boring.

yes it really does look so much better it adds more volume and just looks so nice and neat. I am just obsessed with curls. I love to curl my hair and poof my bangs. Its so cute. I much rather that then just straight pony tails its plain and boring.
We do get half up/half down curled for day 2 of our 2-day competitions.

i used a wand to do my friends hair this weekend and i LOVED it.... way faster an easier than a curling iron and it lasted all night with little hairspray!

I personally don't like the poofs or all of the curls. I would rather sleep in than do my CPs hair. All I will be doing is straightening her hair and doing a high ponytail. I just don't like all of the fuss that is involved in hair. Just my opinion.
That's my favorite as well, however you make it seem like there's a choice involved as to how you will do cp's hair.

That's my favorite as well, however you make it seem like there's a choice involved as to how you will do cp's hair.

Some teams don't do one hairstyle. We have some leeway based on length, but there are some teams around here that say you can do what you want as long as it is up high and bow can be seen.

Some teams don't do one hairstyle. We have some leeway based on length, but there are some teams around here that say you can do what you want as long as it is up high and bow can be seen.

So there are kids with a high straight pony, some with a poof, some with curls? No me gusta. I want to see uniformity with the hair regardless of the style.

Our old gym was straightened hair with a ponytail four finger widths from the front hairline.

Our new gym has not decided how the hair is going to be done yet. But chances are it will be the same as the old gym. They are considering a poof, but they haven't told us one way or the other yet. Their first competition isn't until December 8th, so we still have a little time to prepare.

I have bum-length thick hair and I always put French braids in the night before comp after I showered (three or four braids) and put it all in a jacked up ponytail right on top of my head.

Does anyone have suggestions for hair that is just above the shoulders? I'm taking the big leap and chopping it all off!

I have bum-length thick hair and I always put French braids in the night before comp after I showered (three or four braids) and put it all in a jacked up ponytail right on top of my head.

Does anyone have suggestions for hair that is just above the shoulders? I'm taking the big leap and chopping it all off!
Straight with half up. It's so much easier to deal with.

So there are kids with a high straight pony, some with a poof, some with curls? No me gusta. I want to see uniformity with the hair regardless of the style.

I don't care for it either, but it happens. We do straight pony with a poof, but it can be half up if hair doesn't touch the shoulders so we do have some who do that.

Back