All-Star Cheer Perfection 12/19/12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think that was Brooke maybe? The one who was 13 and tried out with the forward roll and then her mom said she should be on a level 3 team.

Yup. that's who it was, the one that "can do standing tumbling". They featured brooke on this episode for about 4 seconds. It's clear she's only on the show so her mom can stir up drama. While watching all I could think was that this is the stupidest show ever and why is it on TV for an hour long. Waste of air space.

So is youth silver a real team or not and does this show follow the 11/12 or 12/13 season?

Yup. that's who it was, the one that "can do standing tumbling". They featured brooke on this episode for about 4 seconds. It's clear she's only on the show so her mom can stir up drama. While watching all I could think was that this is the stupidest show ever and why is it on TV for an hour long. Waste of air space.
Thats whats ticks me off the most. These moms are using their kids to get their 15 minutes of fame!!

I think everyone else has already said everything I've thought on this show.

I will add; TLC you get a thumbs down on focusing on the train wreck of parents, scripted or not.

I give a big thumbs up for the network that produced "Cheer". That's the right way to do it.

Also, I could never see a parent talking Patty Ann into being on a team like they did CTR. Maybe they should hire PA to come down and clean house and teach them a thing or two.

From what I have heard RJ is actually an amazing coach and honestly we have seen level 6 teams that are way more scary then CTR...
I think all of Cassadee's talent is thanks to her Dad and he looked about as thrilled with his wife coaching a team by herself as we do.
But really any kid brought up in the gym is going to be amazing unless they really don't like cheer!
Doesn't Livi have a full by now? Get on that kingston!

In defense of the level 6 team, once you're aged out of senior, the only thing you can really do is level 6. Most International 5 teams are gunning for worlds bids. If you're 22 and don't want to do that, IO6 is basically it for you to cheer in, unless you do Open 4, which is still a trial division.
Very true. Also while the routine is mostly the same, this isn't the same team as the regular season team, this was just a fun team put together for south padre (and we got beat by tribe . Big so to Ja-Mez )
While I'm still on the team, it is my only official association with the gym I do occasionally help them and several other arkansas gym with legalities as I'm the only local safety judge. I also have numerous friends that cheer and coach for them.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion, I would say is take a step back and realize where the entire industry was not too long ago. While I'm not defending them, they are making great strides improving the gym. I do not agree 100% with how they teach or run their program, but I could say the same about a bunch of big programs that I look up too, just have differing opinions with. I'm not saying not to criticize or critique, because when RD and Alisha made this decision they opened themselves up to it. Just keep things in perspective while you do.

And I also want to know that while cheer is small in arkansas, there are two big gyms (cheer force and cheer city united) and more smaller gyms (TNT, PCA, gym stars, CU and more that come to mind) who do not operate like this and who things in a much different manner. Do not judge the entire state of an ill conceived tv show

Is it sad that I was truly disappointed to miss watching cheer perfection because then I would not be ready for the fierce board thread. Really I have enough stuff going on at home that this is my little diversion and I DVR'd the 1 Am showing of it just so I could be at one with the thread. Love you guys :)

Back