All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-When your flying and your bases drop you (and don't bother to catch you) because your "to heavy" yet they have no problem holding up the other girl who ways 5 pounds less because their bffs (happened to me on my highschool team)

-When the point flyer has sucky body positions but the girl in the back has beautiful ones

-When people cheat on their conditioning and then comment on how easy it was and how they don't understand why everyone else is tired

-People making up nasty rumors about other gyms

-People trash talking other gyms (especially if it's untrue or they know nothing about said gym)

-Kids threatening to quit because their not point jumper, point dancer, point flyer, and last pass (even though they deserve their spot because someone else is clearly better then they are)

-People who have a lot of money and that is why they feel intitled :p

-Suzie and her parents

-When your flying and your bases drop you (and don't bother to catch you) because your "to heavy" yet they have no problem holding up the other girl who ways 5 pounds less because their bffs (happened to me on my highschool team)

-When the point flyer has sucky body positions but the girl in the back has beautiful ones

-When people cheat on their conditioning and then comment on how easy it was and how they don't understand why everyone else is tired

-People making up nasty rumors about other gyms

-People trash talking other gyms (especially if it's untrue or they know nothing about said gym)

-Kids threatening to quit because their not point jumper, point dancer, point flyer, and last pass (even though they deserve their spot because someone else is clearly better then they are)

-People who have a lot of money and that is why they feel intitled :p

-Suzie and her parents
We think alike. The first one is just ridiculous though... You catch your flyer. No matter what.

-cheerleaders who constantly find something to complain about. ALWAYS
-teammates who dont have a tumbling pass, throws everything half out, and then acts like its the hardest thing theyve ever done.
-people that correct other peoples faults but get angry when people correct them.
and of course, GYM FAVORITES!!!

Flyers who give up on stunts ALL THE TIME
People who cheat conditioning
People who bring out a fake injury when they don't want to do a certain skill (e.g. conditioning or tumbling)
When people don't remember their counts, not because they can't think of them but because they weren't listening or don't listen.
People who join cheerleading to say that they are a cheerleader or to use it as something to make themselves look and sound hotter.
Girls that alwaaaaaaaaaays complain about cheer, if you hate it so much then why are you still here? We don't need your money, Suzie.
People that suck up to coaches, I treat my coaches with respect and so should you.
When people get punished for something that wasn't their fault. (E.g a stunt falls and the bases get blamed but it was because the flyer did something wrong)
People who get themselves really worked up and start/bring up old team rivalries when it gets close to comp season.

This has more than likely been addressed somewhere within these 17 pages but annoying cheer parents IN the gym. Our gym has a room for parents with a big glass wall to see the teams. I hate that one mom who just won't stop commentating the practice. Like "oh it's okay Susie you'll get it next time. Oh oh oh OHHH she fell darnit" it's super annoying especially when it's their first practice on a new team. There's actually a fellow fierceboarder I have in mind that attends my gym and comments on every post ever and everything on facebook totally kissing their coaches but to get on a good team. Sorry this was rude but I just can not stand it!!!

when someone fakes an injury because someone else legitimitly (sorry if i didnt spell it right) hurt themselves... I sprained my ankle falling down the stairs at my house and then the next day, somehow a girl on my team sprained her ankle falling down the stairs in her school and she got to sit out in the next three practices when i had to suck it up and practice.

when high school cheerleaders think you cant do anything because you're not on the high school team.

when people come HOURS late to comps.

when people dont go to practice cause they dont feel like it, and dont even call to let the coaches know they wouldnt be there

when people bring there outside drama into the gym

when coaches dont make an effort to become close with their team

when parents stare at you from the viewing room and whisper about you to the parent next to them

when cheerleaders constantly complain

when girls on the level 5 team think they can be mean to anyone because they're on a higher level team.

when girls complain about being there, HELLO, if you dont like it why are you here?

True story
I know this girl saw me and who my program is, she was standing in my way and I needed to get over to my team.
I said excuse me, all polite and everything
I said excuse me again and she still didnt move.
I finally yelled," EXCUSE ME!" and pushed past her.
Just bc u don't like my program doesn't give you the right to act rude

Here I go:

Appearance Pet Peeves
-Bows. I HATEEE ugly bows. Especially if someone wears an ugly bow and it is ugly in their hair too. Please try to at least make the bow look somewhat cute.
-When girls have a SUPER hot bow and it is either back way too far on their head, folded funny because it was laying at the bottom of their bag, too far forward on her head, or flopped backwards.
-Bangs down while competing. It's understandable with a headband, but if you're wearing a bow, no matter what hair style, please pull your bangs back, whether they're in a poof or straight back.
-Flyaways. It's called hairspray.
-Make up that doesn't show up very well.
-Unzipped unis/cellphone in skirt/uggs with uni (but let's not get started with that agian).

Competition Pet Peeves
-Warmups without a full spring floor. I understand a lot of competition companies are small and may not be able to afford them, but when bigger competitions don't have one.. Come on.
-Unhealthy food.
-No priority seating.
-BATC: "Cheerleaders are not allowed in priority! Family only!" .......... Really?
-Bad venues.

Team/Routine Pet Peeves
-People showing up late to practice and coaches not doing anything about it.
-Not coming to practice for no reason.
-Uneven boys in formation (my team was extremely guilty of this).
-"The boob show-off." GOSH DARN IT. THIS ISN'T POP WARNER.
-Sandbaggers.
-Bad music.
-Team's that steal music and think that no one will notice.
-Legit "facials." Please leave the kissy face, duck face, and bobble head to the pop warner girls.
-Competitions with stupid games and lame contests going happening on the floor.
-Awards ceremonies with "dance parties." Please just continue with the awards. I understand this for the younger award ceremonies, but i bet half the senior aged kids do NOT want this to happen. Just announce the winners.

I think I'm done..?
That made my night =) I just died laughing

We think alike. The first one is just ridiculous though... You catch your flyer. No matter what.

The worst part is theat the coaches and my bases called me out and said I was a bad flyer so I got made an alternate =/ to bad my bases didnt admit they dropped me until after the season was over and the coaches didnt believe me when I told them

i hate when people constantly chit chat during practice, i loove that my team this year isnt bad about it.

i hate rude cheer parents from other programs at like competitions, like just cuz im against your kid, doesnt give you the right to be totally rude

Heres my LITTLE list:
-double downs with legs apart.
-fulls that make your heart jump 20 feet in the air.
-when people say they have a skill, but can't seem to show it to you.
-when bases blame everything on the flyer. (not fair. the flyer doesnt blame everything on you!)
-unmatching bows!
-coach favorites (just cause they are a favorite doesn't mean they have to be center of everything!)
-hair whips that just don't work (you look like a spazz!)
-"cliques" on a team.

I have a list.
-Messy hair
-Ugly bows
-when all of a level 4 team does a layout that looks like a pike
-Too much make-up
-Favoritism
-un-organized competions
The list goes on ,most people already said the most annoying ones .

Latest posts

Back