All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think Eddie and Orby could have anticipated that this would cause a world of speculation and drama and have chosen to stay out of it. As has CSP and the CEA coaching staff (CSP retweeted Jenee's tweet from her first night at CEA but that's all).
I think they made the concious, and very correct, decision to stay completely out of the drama.

If only the Smoed athletes had done the same.

I don't know what you guys are thinking but no matter if their reasons were good or not bottom line is they quit. It could have been for a very good legitimate reason but its still quitting when you don't finish something you started. They didn't finish out their commitment to their team so therefore they quit.

I have been a coach for a very long time and never got how a parent could let their child not finish something they started. You made a commitment to something and no matter what you have to fulfill that commitment. That's how I see it. People don't realize how hard it is on a coach when someone quits your team.

I apologize for my harshness with the word "quitting". Let me rephrase.... They decided to not fulfill their commitment that was made......

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

he certainly chose the right way to introduce her :rolleyes:

Whilst I agree with you - I don't think it was the right way to introduce her - I don't believe for a second he has malicious intentions towards Cali Allstars, Smoed or any other athletes. That's what he was talking about in the tweet.

Some of the Smoed athletes all assumed this was meant to hurt them and the whole video was Jenee stabbing them in the back? Far from it, and they quite clearly said that to cause drama and have people feel "sorry" for them. No thanks.

(I know you didn't say that just using it as a jump off point:))

Quick question out of curiosity: do most gyms have to release you to join another team/gym? Does this happen on all teams or only Worlds bond ones? The gym I'm at doesn't have this policy, but it sounds kind of cool, we had a lot of athletes quit and go to another gym leaving us filling spots in a panic.

I don't know what you guys are thinking but no matter if their reasons were good or not bottom line is they quit. It could have been for a very good legitimate reason but its still quitting when you don't finish something you started. They didn't finish out their commitment to their team so therefore they quit.

I have been a coach for a very long time and never got how a parent could let their child not finish something they started. You made a commitment to something and no matter what you have to fulfill that commitment. That's how I see it. People don't realize how hard it is on a coach when someone quits your team.

If it poorly affects the team then I understand it.
If you think of SE and Amber and Smoed and Jenee/Payton- I am sure that SE and Smoed and the coaches feel a lot better knowing they have an athlete on their team who really wants to be there and work hard rather than someone who doesn't want to be there as they prepare for the biggest competition of the year.
Though it may sting now, it will be more beneficial for your team in the long run.

I would want a happy athlete rather than an unhappy athlete who stayed so she wouldn't be labelled a quitter.

Quick question out of curiosity: do most gyms have to release you to join another team/gym? Does this happen on all teams or only Worlds bond ones? The gym I'm at doesn't have this policy, but it sounds kind of cool, we had a lot of athletes quit and go to another gym leaving us filling spots in a panic.
It's only if you want to go to worlds and you've competed on another team.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Fierce Board mobile app

I totally realize how hard it is... to coaches, fellow teammates...everyone involved when someone "quits". And yes there are cases where it does seem like "that's the last fingernail I'm breaking... I quit!" But there are also cases where "quitting" or honestly I think the word "leaving" is better here...might be ok.

What if you have to choose between feeding your family and paying for cheer? Is the parent supposed to just live in some cheer fantasy world where "commitment" outweighs "financial responsibility"?

What if you found our your daughter had been abused by a coach or teammate?

I could go on and on...I'm the first person in the world to teach my kids about commitment and its importance, but I also am realistic and know there are times when "leaving" is more than ok. Not only that...commitment is a two way street.

ETA: my above conversation in no way relates to any of the incidences being discussed with regard to these two athletes

So a mother should stand by and watch her daughter shrink because she's not happy in fear it will affect you as a coach! Your the coach the adult. I would think you would prepare for these kind of things hence having the alts! I'm Actually really surprised how many people had an issue with her leaving because she was suffering!

So a mother should stand by and watch her daughter shrink because she's not happy in fear it will affect you as a coach! Your the coach the adult. I would think you would prepare for these kind of things hence having the alts! I'm Actually really surprised how many people had an issue with her leaving because she was suffering!

I agree with this 100%. It's really not her problem that the team may struggle to find a replacement. It's just cheerleading. It's not worth being in a situation that you're miserable in.

It's a USASF rule, not a gym rule. It applies to all athletes who intend to compete at worlds. Once you compete one tims with a worlds level team during a season, that team must sign a release for you to compete at worlds on a different team that same season. (you can go join another team, but you can't go to worlds without the release)

Back