All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im surprised no one mentioned anything about Eddie saying "hell hang himself, Im not worried" I cringe every time I hear it

I was most shocked by the cursing honestly, I've only ever experienced this once in a sport when my brother's Peruvian soccer coach screams Spanish curse words during matches and assumes nobody can understand him ( perks of having a boyfriend fluent in Spanish). Is this a normal occurrence in general with older teams? Obviously all of them know the words and what they mean, but does it frequently happen with senior teams or just something heat of the moment.

Edit: Just to clarify, I really don't have an opinion either way. I know from experience that when you're frustrated sometimes those words just come out, and that's that. I've watched my brother be ragged on by coaches for his skinny, tall frame but he's only ever been motivated and determined afterwards. Different things work for different people/situations, I was merely curious how often this occur in the industry as a whole.

someone wanna give a spoiler?

Is Payton competing with Smoed? & Whose the 4th guy?

***spoiler alert***

Peyton and her family decided it would be best for her to stay in Oregon with her family. She's on Oregon Dream small senior level 5 team.

Wow payton's jumps to full is sickkkkk. So impressed because it's so high!

Also, and I get it's effective due to the incredible accomplishments of Smoed, but I can't stand Eddie. I believe in strict coaching and keeping your athletes on your toes, but he takes the negativity to a whole new level. He's going to give these kids a freaking complex. He needs to remember he's still dealing with children. Yes, he needs to hold them to higher standards to be of World Champion caliber, but not that the expense that they feel worthless.

OH AND, calling a 17 year old athlete a "bigger B****" when you're an adult is ridiculous, in fact its verbal abuse. There are so many other coaching styles that have been proven to be more effective than Smoeds (look at CA and WC for example). I don't see Brad or Elaine calling any of their athletes derogatory names. In fact, I hope there's some sort of backlash. Grow up dude.

If you see some pictures of Eddie with the kids, I'm sure he's not always the evil, mean, cursing monster like we see him. That's how they portray him on the show.
I'm not a big fan of cursing/yelling/screaming while coaching, but I'm sure every coach does it at some point.
The biggest problem of it all I believe, is that some people who watch this assume this is normal. I heard a kid once say "my coach is too kind, she never yells, that's why my team is not good, because coaches of good teams yell alot".
that same kids mom called me after practice the one time I did yell that she doesnt like her kid to be yelled at (they were all a mess that time and didnt listen at all, just kept chatting about parties and boyfriends instead of doing what they had to do).
I think a good coach treats the kids with respect, but knows when to be hard and mean in order to push them further, but also shows to be there for the kids when he/she needs it.

There is no excuse for that language. I have very high expectations for my athletes (especially my boys), and I get very frustrated when I see minimal effort. The comment was not calling him "that name", it was stating the type of boy we do not need on the team. Unfortunately, this is the reality of reality TV. I apologize if anyone was offended. You live you learn. If anyone who knows me knows, I have an amazing relationship with my
Kids.

I'm not a big fan of cursing/yelling/screaming while coaching, but I'm sure every coach does it at some point.
The biggest problem of it all I believe, is that some people who watch this assume this is normal. I heard a kid once say "my coach is too kind, she never yells, that's why my team is not good, because coaches of good teams yell alot".
that same kids mom called me after practice the one time I did yell that she doesnt like her kid to be yelled at (they were all a mess that time and didnt listen at all, just kept chatting about parties and boyfriends instead of doing what they had to do).
I think a good coach treats the kids with respect, but knows when to be hard and mean in order to push them further, but also shows to be there for the kids when he/she needs it.

I've been patiently waiting on someone to bring this up. I've never been cussed at as an athlete and as a coach I've never cussed at an athlete.

I feel like of someone used that language at my child (if I had one) or my niece, I'd show them who the bigger b was.

My mother pulled my sister from her hs team practices years ago at an all star gym because the coaches used foul and vulgar language. I was raised that to never let a man or anyone speak to me I appropriately because in turn (especially a teenage child) you're going to become accustomed to it and think it's okay to be treated that way.

That said. I can appreciate the above apology.

I

Back