All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not saying it's different- just that some people might think it is. Personally, there are certain degrees of 'toughness' I can handle, and certain degrees I can't. Eddie's style- would probably shut me down. CSP's style, probably not.

PS- You're saying 'These moms'- but none of us have any idea who these other moms are. For most of us, this is an isolated incident with one parent. I was in the SOT thread and heard other evidence first hand, so I'm on board with that it can happen at ANY gym REGARDLESS of Worlds titles. However, I currently know of at least 2 parents, one on each side of the fence, so until I have more on one side than the other, I can't accurately say for real whether or not this was happening. Does this mother have every right to her feelings/her daughter have those same rights? Absolutely. She might very well have felt that way. That being said- unless I was there, I can only go on the people I know. You clearly know others (and have no need to disclose them/their identities/their experiences, I'm not asking for other people's business! :) ), but the rest of us are probably clueless.

Yeah, sorry - I hate to be one of those people who says they know things but won't elaborate. :oops: They did ask me not to say who they are though (not everyone can move to another state because of drama at their cheer gym).

And sorry - I was answering your question of "how is this different?" not saying you thought it was different. I should have quoted you. I'm sure people think it's different because they hate Teal and love smoed. Or Eddie is a male so it's ok. Or whatever. Everyone has their own set of rose colored glasses. For me, it's no different.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

My abridged version- We love each other, and sometimes this is hard. It's a worlds team, and there are times when we support each other, even if they've messed up/dropped a stunt/etc. When you watch someone not do their job when you know it's in them, it's hard and you do everything you can to try to motivate them. Sometimes those things don't work, but you love someone and it's frustrating so you keep trying different things. She's lost friends by doing this in the way she did, because we are a family and we support each other. Please stop bringing US into whatever issues you have with our coach, s'il vous plait.

I don't know if Molly knows French.
But she stated "threatened in ways that were not necessary" so theres justifiable threats to a kid?

that's not what people were getting upset about lol your overall statement was just unnecessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time you will even think about girls body at least try to shut your mouth and stay quiet because this is rude and noone should never say something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry I worded it "big", in no way do I think she's gaining weight. She was just the tallest flyer on smoed, and it's stood out to me this year.

Yeah, sorry - I hate to be one of those people who says they know things but won't elaborate. :oops: They did ask me not to say who they are though (not everyone can move to another state because of drama at their cheer gym).

And sorry - I was answering your question of "how is this different?" not saying you thought it was different. I should have quoted you. I'm sure people think it's different because they hate Teal and love smoed. Or Eddie is a male so it's ok. Or whatever. Everyone has their own set of rose colored glasses. For me, it's no different.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
It's ok. It just means you have a different frame of reference than the rest of us. So you can't expect us to not be totally on the game with this. :D

I wonder too- if this is a potential problem when you have a mega-gym. Let's say they're trying to get the mentality of K-ville in at another gym. You're not with the coaches 24/7, and sometimes they might cross a line. You need to address it, but how do they know? If you're there, they're not going to do it. Or if the people aren't used to harder coaching/individualized coaching, it can be perceived as bullying.

Adding: @crazyredhead - I think 'If you can't hit this stunt/throw your tumbling/do the job you need to do to be on this team, I'm taking you out of this sequence/the air', is a reasonable threat. If you were put on a team and you haven't been hitting a skill required for WEEKS/MONTHS, then it's time for a little pressure.

It doesn't matter either way to me because im not involved with either team, but I don't see how you can just quit a team with a little over a month until the season is over. Even if you weren't happy anymore you made a commitment to your teammates and your coaches in the beginning of the season. If I was her mother I would tell her you made a commitment and you have to stick it out until you fulfilled that commitment. What is that teaching your kid? When things get tough you can just quit and everything can be fine? Its not like its the summer and only a couple months into the season. Its the very end of it. Stick it out and then just don't come back the next year.

Back