All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3: Version 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

[QUOTE="Fierce_Elite, post: 970544, member: 40384]
That said, do you have any footage of this TV show? I would love to see :)[/QUOTE]
I havent found it online yet, its been some years since it was broadcasted. :(

Wow! what a very entertaining morning.....now I know why my company blocked facebook and email servers....they block just about everything, but I got in this morning with a nice cop of coffee; took a short lunch break and opened this thread to continue reading. I am finally at the end. There is sooooo much I am dying to say and I wish I knew how to post an "imogie" (sure I spelled that wrong), but it would be one of me with my cup of 20oz Wawa Hazlenut coffee, and a bag of chips just stairing at my computer reading FB dressed like the CEO!

Not speaking for the poster but I think she meant score totals in the grand scheme of things - not the placements. SS was the first division to go and several teams were scored exceptionally low on skills that should have put them in a higher range (execution was another issue).

EP choice for bids comes off as too shady, cheer might as well be professional wrestling - where the winner is picked in advance. Why even compete, just submit your team list and based on some odd criteria you can be given a FP bid. The Top Gun issue last year was not the only comp that the award happened like that, but it was the only one that was highly publisized because the team did the correct thing in the end and gave the bid to the team that beat them.
You could speak for me-you are exactly right. EP even apologized to coaches and gym owner and admitted their mistake

I understand they want the best of the best. But part of me thinks that they're breaking some sort of USASF code of conduct. ALl star cheer is supposed to be a sport where everyone is placed on a team. These kids aren't doing anything illegal in the real world so why does the coaches have the right to completely kick someone off the team and basically tell them to go back where they come from if their stunt isn't hitting or they're having a weak tumble moment.

"A" team doesn't always equal the team an athlete may want.

Thought this was funny and soooo appropriate.... Enjoy
th

but that does always have to result in complete removal from the program?

Who said anyone was removed from the program? You do realize some athletes will be offered a lower level team and walk away themselves. Or, be offered an alternate spot and take it. An alternate is still on the team.

just my opinion, but if a team takes themselves out of accepting a bid, then they shouldn't be next in line if the paid bid gets "re-assigned" . Because bids technically are not "passed down" rather an at large can be upgraded to a paid, so you should be holding an at large to move up to a paid.

Cali usually accepts at large bids, even though they eventually drop them for a Paid. So I'm not sure why Aces didn't have at at large. The Grand gives bids based on score, and since they don't release scores, we will never know who was next in line for the paid.

Are there no repricussions for using an ineligible sub and accepting a paid bid besides taking it away? Aces gets theirs at Spirit Sports so now, my guess is Cali Coed will get theirs at Spirit Sports which is great for them :)

Who said anyone was removed from the program? You do realize some athletes will be offered a lower level team and walk away themselves. Or, be offered an alternate spot and take it. An alternate is still on the team.
I was just asking a general question :) I never knew they had that option.

I was just asking a general question :) I never knew they had that option.
I realize you have been trying to be helpful on the board as of late, giving advice on many subjects to newbies and veteran posters alike. While I commend you on your efforts to take a more positive approach to the board, I would stick to giving advice on what you know based on your own experiences in cheer and life. There are many topics on the board I know nothing about and am not ashamed to admit that. While I still like reading those threads and gaining new information, I am reluctant to comment on posts or dole out advice when I really do not know enough about the subject matter. In those instances I tend to stick to simply shimmying posts that appeal to me.

just my opinion, but if a team takes themselves out of accepting a bid, then they shouldn't be next in line if the paid bid gets "re-assigned" . Because bids technically are not "passed down" rather an at large can be upgraded to a paid, so you should be holding an at large to move up to a paid.......
I get your point, but I disagree. They took themselves out of accepting an at large bid, not a paid. If Aces declined accepting an at large, this immediately gave it to a team who would not have gotten one at this competition. Had they accepted the at large, and been the next in line for a disqualified paid bid, the at large would've been lost and used for no one. So, assuming they went by score (which isn't always the case), if Aces were next in line for the paid even though they declined the at large, I think they should get it. This way, the at large was not wasted and a team that will probably cherish having an at large can participate at Worlds.

Latest posts

Back