All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I highly doubt the motivation was from other teams, they've won 3 for a reason.

If she wasn't able to hit the stunts, then they must have done what's best for the team. And if that involved taking her out of the air, then so be it. I don't get the big deal about it.
The only thing that bothers me is that Madi looks so much better in the air than her replacement.

If she wasn't able to hit the stunts, then they must have done what's best for the team. And if that involved taking her out of the air, then so be it. I don't get the big deal about it.

I don't watch the show but I have followed this discussion a little.

The above is what I think folks are failing to understand.

If you have ever taken someone out of the air, it is not a great feeling and not something to be taken lightly.

However, there are times when kids just don't fit into the equation at that spot anymore.

It's not even that they "aren't good." It's almost never a "She's just AWFUL!" situation with Worlds teams like this.

It's just that the new pieces to the puzzle are better at this particular time.

That, and we (as coaches) don't get paid to make kids happy and keep them where they've always been.

We get paid to create the best possible team.

No one wakes up and says "I want to ruin Suzy's cheer life and make her a base after she's flown for 10 years."

It's just that Suzy isn't working for us anymore where she is, over a period of time.

I don't watch the show but I have followed this discussion a little.

The above is what I think folks are failing to understand.

If you have ever taken someone out of the air, it is not a great feeling and not something to be taken lightly.

However, there are times when kids just don't fit into the equation at that spot anymore.

It's not even that they "aren't good." It's almost never a "She's just AWFUL!" situation with Worlds teams like this.

It's just that the new pieces to the puzzle are better at this particular time.

That, and we (as coaches) don't get paid to make kids happy and keep them where they've always been.

We get paid to create the best possible team.

No one wakes up and says "I want to ruin Suzy's cheer life and make her a base after she's flown for 10 years."

It's just that Suzy isn't working for us anymore where she is, over a period of time.

I think the specific difficulty in this situation with is the girl M was replaced with, isn't having it any easier given the falls at JAMZ.

*Editted to add: Apparently it wasn't M's replacement that fell, so this assumption isn't accurate.*

Last edited:
I don't think the girl that replaced Madi fell at Jamz - she hit everything - however she did only do a kick single basket and a single up instead of a double up in the elite section that she replaced her for - which at least in the case of the single up had to be planned.

It will be very interesting to see a video of their routine their next competition just to see who is doing what.

I'm sorry but how do you know that? Are you at practice watching her?

Observation. IE, if you're going to replace a flyer because her stunt is dropping, but then the same stunt continues to fall at a competition, the choice seems harder for others to grasp.

I'm not attempting to insult the group or the girl's, simply pointing out why so many are having a hard time grasping why this changed happened when it did. My comment was in direct correlation to the OP's comment.

The only thing that bothers me is that Madi looks so much better in the air than her replacement.

I will say I have seen this little girl fly over the years and she is amazing in the air. She has amazing flexibility and is a great performer. Who knows how long she had to learn smoeds stunt before jamz? She was only on senior 3 last season so I'm sure she has a little catching up to do, But I think it was a great move and she will do great this season.

I will say I have seen this little girl fly over the years and she is amazing in the air. She has amazing flexibility and is a great performer. Who knows how long she had to learn smoeds stunt before jamz? She was only on senior 3 last season so I'm sure she has a little catching up to do, But I think it was a great move and she will do great this season.

As far as I know, she literally had three days to learn. She is one of the hardest working girls I've seen so while I haven't seen the team practice in quite a while, I would bet she's doing pretty well now.

Observation. IE, if you're going to replace a flyer because her stunt is dropping (WRONG!), but then the same stunt continues to fall at a competition, the choice seems harder for others to grasp.

I'm not attempting to insult the group or the girl's, simply pointing out why so many are having a hard time grasping why this changed happened when it did. My comment was in direct correlation to the OP's comment.

her. stunt. did. NOT. fall. that is false. flexytumblermom even pointed that out after you first claimed that the stunt fell.

btw, what is true, in other related news, are the 11 jumps to fulls that theyll be doing. :D

I think the specific difficulty in this situation with is the girl M was replaced with, isn't having it any easier given the falls at JAMZ.
Often times, accommodations are made to incorporate someone into a successful routine.... And falls are part of the process. There is not a Worlds level athlete that has hit every stunt every single time, and consistency has to cross all levels - from practice to the comp floor. If she is consistently hitting with her group in a single full up or in a kick full basket, and it doesn't harm the aesthetic, what's the problem? I bet in the not too distant future she is amazing and doing absolutely everything and then some.

As for Miss M, she is a base who has graciously and generously accepted that he role on the team has now expanded to include being a base/back spot. Not everyone does, so kudos to her. Why we speculate on the reasons or motivation for that is beyond me. She is a kind, sweet, deserving girl who works hard and dedicates herself to this team and to this sport. Because of those things, her coaches and her program care IMMENSELY for her. I know that there are those that believe that the Cali "machine" eats up and spits out Smo's because they don't care and only worry about their web show and image, but that is not what myself or anyone around me has ever experienced. I have only ever seen caring human beings who are as flawed and emotional as you or I. Sometimes they care too much, and sometimes they make mistakes.sometimes they forget their filter. I have never ever seen them not care enough, or experienced a thing that has been done with malice or a mean spirited heart. We may not always agree with the things they do, but we know that this program is full of loving leaders with amazing experience and dedication. That's what I'm looking for when it comes down to finding a program to help raise and develop my child.

Sorry to hijack your original post. My first paragraph is a reply.... The rest is just a vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing though Madi has literally been at Cali Ventura forever and on Smoed since she was eligible back in 2010. It is pretty clear from twitter that she's very close to Eddie and Orby and is near and dear to their hearts. not that the rest of the smos aren't but there's an inherent bond when she's been in the program for that long. Madi is the last person they would take out of the air just for fun.

her. stunt. did. NOT. fall. that is false. flexytumblermom even pointed that out after you first claimed that the stunt fell.

btw, what is true, in other related news, are the 11 jumps to fulls that theyll be doing. :D

You'll have to excuse the fact that I. Did. Not. See. That. Post. When. I. Posted. Sheesh...

Okay, she didn't fall...still, my entire point was to explain to the OP why some people are struggling with the changes. My observation is clearly incomplete; and I really do hope Cali has a better comp next go around. It was miserable to watch them fall apart like that.

Often times, accommodations are made to incorporate someone into a successful routine.... And falls are part of the process. There is not a Worlds level athlete that has hit every stunt every single time, and consistency has to cross all levels - from practice to the comp floor. If she is consistently hitting with her group in a single full up or in a kick full basket, and it doesn't harm the aesthetic, what's the problem? I bet in the not too distant future she is amazing and doing absolutely everything and then some.

As for Miss M, she is a base who has graciously and generously accepted that he role on the team has now expanded to include being a base/back spot. Not everyone does, so kudos to her. Why we speculate on the reasons or motivation for that is beyond me. She is a kind, sweet, deserving girl who works hard and dedicates herself to this team and to this sport. Because of those things, her coaches and her program care IMMENSELY for her. I know that there are those that believe that the Cali "machine" eats up and spits out Smo's because they don't care and only worry about their web show and image, but that is not what myself or anyone around me has ever experienced. I have only ever seen caring human beings who are as flawed and emotional as you or I. Sometimes they care too much, and sometimes they make mistakes.sometimes they forget their filter. I have never ever seen them not care enough, or experienced a thing that has been done with malice or a mean spirited heart. We may not always agree with the things they do, but we know that this program is full of loving leaders with amazing experience and dedication. That's what I'm looking for when it comes down to finding a program to help raise and develop my child.

Sorry to hijack your original post. My first paragraph is a reply.... The rest is just a vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate your reply, and understand your point about never putting a stunt up 100% of the time.

As for the change in basket, I didn't make that comment but it was in my reply so my comment would be that it shouldn't matter; and I'd assume it'll all be the same by World's given the program Cali seems to have.

I'm glad M is taking the change well and that she is still happy. Personally, I'll miss seeing her in the air, but I'm glad she still has a spot on the team.

Back