All-Star Cheerleaders Season 4: Jersey

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

im almost positive she flipped her head down on her own, his hand barely touched the back of her head. but i also dont get why he would come back and then after im guessing one practice? says he cant compete cause of the military commitment. kinda pointless to ask someone to come back who has all that going on... does anyone know if he went to NCA with them.
he was in NCA with them and im pretty sure he competed with them prior as well

With his military commitment if its reserves then he shouldnt have too much of a problem. Just making sure training weekends dont conflict with competition. You cant walk to your commander and say I wont be here next month I have a cheer competition.

I heard that the SMOED show was scripted.. hopefully cja's isn't...

W/ the few episodes I've seen so far, I actually hope this *IS* scripted - a coach pushing athletes w/ possible head injuries to continue practicing and ignore the advice of/not see doctors!? - if it's not scripted I think the USASF should be investigating her practices regarding injuries. And I still think there should be some type of rule against how that floor ends right up against a brick wall - I've seen enough fulls just launch 8-10 feet in all kinds of crazy directions to know that isn't safe.

W/ the few episodes I've seen so far, I actually hope this *IS* scripted - a coach pushing athletes w/ possible head injuries to continue practicing and ignore the advice of/not see doctors!? - if it's not scripted I think the USASF should be investigating her practices regarding injuries. And I still think there should be some type of rule against how that floor ends right up against a brick wall - I've seen enough fulls just launch 8-10 feet in all kinds of crazy directions to know that isn't safe.

I think she was most likely okay and they were pushing her to say she was dizzy for the show. The one boy is out indefinitely due to s concussion while tumbling so I do not think she takes injuries lightly??

That would generally mean that the athlete isn't ready to be throwing fulls. Assuming no coach is going to ask an athlete to land their pass 6" from the edge of the mat (although after the concussion incident I'm not so sure that's a safe assumption), then it's probably safer having the floor end against a wall, rather than risk an athlete stepping off the mat awkwardly and twisting/fracturing an ankle.

There is no way someone who is committed to the military (full time) could compete for a worlds team, or any team for that matter. My boyfriend has been serving for the last 2 years, and we can't even plan a day out more than a day in advance let alone commit to competitions for a whole season.

A saying my boyfriend and I have is "always write in your diary with a pencil whilst in the military" and it's so true! My boyfriend and I had a week long vacation planned for Spain over Christmas break during his holiday leave which was cleared by his officer months prior, 2 days before we were due to fly, his officer told him he was no longer allowed to leave the country and demanded his passport.

@CEAShelby Your BF is likely active duty, from what I've gathered AJ is Reserves. My husband could have never committed to a World's team while he was actively serving (he just retired at the end of last year), but reserves is a whole different beast. They literally only go once a month for a weekend and then a 2 week training as long as they're not being set to deploy. If he had prior obligations then jumping from place to place makes sense, but we used to live next to a reservist with kids and she got out of her drill weekends all the time. She was Army, so I can't and won't speak for the Marines, but it's do-able.

Ive definitely gotten smashed in the face before and felt dizzy, and out of it but I was not diagnosed with a concussion..
Any blow to the head should be taken seriously I agree but you cant call the USASF and threaten to have them investigated over a 9-13 minute reality tv episode where there is a known history of things being done for the cameras.

Omg - another episode where she blames an athlete for their injury - last time the kid wrecks into the wall (and I still feel that is very unsafe for her to have the floor go right up to a wall w/ that level of tumbling - it's hard for me to watch those kids tumble in a situation like that), this time a girl gets kicked hard in the back of the head - and she brushes it off like its nothing. Then later the girl is complaining of dizziness (hello - could be a concussion) and she yells at her because she was injured before (I wonder if her "boo boos" we're broken bones or something?). This is NOT a good image to give of cheerleading - I would not want my child being in the care of a coach who yells at her when she says she's dizzy after being kicked in the back of the head when I'm not around. Gosh - it's a case for parents needing to be at the gym cause I would have taken her out of there and to a doctor when she said she was dizzy (and PA even mocked her for thinking about going to a doctor). Wow. If that girl was my CP, she'd be pulled from that gym now - you don't make my kid feel guilty and brush off a possible head injury and think you're gonna have my trust from then on.

And the situation w/ that guy and the marines is just odd - most kids have a hard enough time balancing school cheer w/ all star cheer, this guy is gonna try and do it w/ military service. Lol.

PA really came off as very, very mean and uncaring in this episode.

And I'm sorry, those kids can't tumble anywhere near as good as SMOED - I'm kind of confused how they placed higher than them at NCA, but I guess SMOED's deductions added up and dropped them down.

Smoed is Smoed...amazing..and hopefully by Worlds they'll be the team that they're supposed to be. I don't think it's even in question that CJA's standing and running tumbling difficulty isn't a good as Smoed's. But over the course of two days at NCA, Smoed had 3 tumbling touchdowns, a few incomplete doubles particularly on day 1 , and many bent legs and separated feet on landings. To add, they also had a major and now infamous coed stunt fall to the flyer's face, 2 additional stunt falls, 2 stunt bobbles, and shaky elements in their pyramid. Luckily, the judges only gave them 1 point in deductions on day one. Had they been hit with the correct total, the difference between them and CJA would have been greater. Their standing and running tumbling difficulty is what carries them and ultimately kept them in the top ten despite lackluster performances on both days. I'm not sure what is confusing about the placement, which by the way, factors in a lot more than just tumbling.

honestly, I don't even like this show, and I think it's because I want to compare it to the series they had on CMT...and it doesn't do them justice. I would rather see one practice and one competition per episode than build up drama till the competition.
I love Team Gunz but I just wish they were still on CMT :(

Back