All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not necessarily directed at you, but am I the only person that's not completely wowed by SE's pyramid? I feel like a lot of people are thinking that it's the greatest thing ever, and I just don't see it. I agree that it's difficult, but it doesn't seem drastically better than anyone else's in that division to me.

Definitely not the only one. I will give it to them that I think it is the best of the 5 in terms of difficulty but I don't think it blows the others out of the water by any means. I'm probably in the minority here as well but I personally think it is the most poorly executed of the five. I have yet to see it timed correctly this season...multiple parts are off. I am a coach and I am all for the idea of double dipping as some call it. If you're dropping stunts you should get the deduction and your technique should be affected. If you dropped 2 stunts and 2 others are very sloppy then 4/9 of your stunts did not execute properly. You shouldn't be scoring higher than a .6 on execution since only about 60% of your stunts are executing. JMO

Does Cheersport not award a "Grand Champion"? If they do, I'm still baffled as to how the A-Team are first in line for that. I just don't understand how their raw score is higher than their siblings teams (Purple Royalty & Reign who clearly had much higher difficulty and equally clean executions.
They never have in the past (for any level). It doesn't really make sense to do so when you have so many different judging panels and competition halls for the same level.

I don't know if they do, but it seems all of that division is running a tad high in the scoring compared to other divisions.
I feel like "tad" is an understatement.... we'll see what today brings.

Idk if they do, but I don't know how they can with comparative scoring, you can't really compare between divisions with it.
They never have in the past (for any level). It doesn't really make sense to do so when you have so many different judging panels and competition halls for the same level.
So was the "Grand Champion" title just made up by Cheer Updates then? Because A-Team was named it last year:
105xpnc.jpg

So was the "Grand Champion" title just made up by Cheer Updates then? Because A-Team "won" it last year.
I didn't see whatever Cheer Updates posted so I can't comment but I don't believe Cheersport thenmselves has ever awarded a GC title.

So was the "Grand Champion" title just made up by Cheer Updates then? Because A-Team was named it last year:
105xpnc.jpg

it's like teams calling themselves worlds grand champions and even ordering separate rings for it.. it's not actually an award. in the past NCA was the only competition of the three who awarded a grand champ.. but with the scoresheet changes, I'm not sure that's possible anymore.

Definitely not the only one. I will give it to them that I think it is the best of the 5 in terms of difficulty but I don't think it blows the others out of the water by any means. I'm probably in the minority here as well but I personally think it is the most poorly executed of the five. I have yet to see it timed correctly this season...multiple parts are off. I am a coach and I am all for the idea of double dipping as some call it. If you're dropping stunts you should get the deduction and your technique should be affected. If you dropped 2 stunts and 2 others are very sloppy then 4/9 of your stunts did not execute properly. You shouldn't be scoring higher than a .6 on execution since only about 60% of your stunts are executing. JMO
I created a GIF to illustrate your point, hopefully it worked:
141v76h.gif

You are definitely not the only one. I would rather see something cleaner/easier than a bunch of bobbing/bobbling/weaving that you cannot really figure out what is choreographed and what is a mistake. I felt like SE was messier than others, but I thought all of the division had issues, so the scores WITHIN the division were okay with me. Comparing LAG with other divisions, on the other hand, had me like :eek:

Panthers have 2 Level 5 tick tocks in that sequence as well as the inversion dismount. Idk if I would put Panthers ahead of SE in terms of raw score, but I think they should have been ahead after yesterday with SE's mistakes, but I really thought WCSS would have been in 1st. Idk the scores are all verrrry close, so it could really go to anyone today, I just hope all the teams hit!

Not necessarily directed at you, but am I the only person that's not completely wowed by SE's pyramid? I feel like a lot of people are thinking that it's the greatest thing ever, and I just don't see it. I agree that it's difficult, but it doesn't seem drastically better than anyone else's in that division to me.

I hope everyone hits today as well. That would make things much clearer.

105xpnc.jpg
I believe that quote was from a Cheersport Championship Competition - not the National Competition.

Don't get me wrong, I love SE's pyramid and all... I just wish it were cleaner. If the skills had the execution of the skills in Orange's pyramid along with their difficulty I would be wowed. Right now its so messy and cluttered to me. Like it reminds me of Burlington Coat Factory....like stuff just everywhere, hanging off racks..hangers sticking up everywhere.like clean it up and make me feel like I'm in Bergdorf Goodman....or at least Neiman Marcus.

Like all I see sometimes is rushing, reaching and grabbing in that pyramid.

And when ole girl skims the girl in the center's head and then center girl falls forward....I feel so concerned every time ....like nobody can throw and pull a little harder so that she can make it over by more than 1/4 of a centimeter.

But yeah, SE does have the best pyramid skill wise....I just wish it were cleaner.

I also like that they don't cupid shuffle this year during running tumbling. Their back of the mat choreo was never a favorite of mine.

I agree with SE's pyramid in that it could be cleaner and I think by World's it likely will be. I just think difficulty wise, they're outshining the rest right now.

Back