All-Star Cheersport Day 2 Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am a fan of C4 and I love watching their teams, however if they were able to step up at BUTBT and WIN and receive a bid then it appears they should have stayed in that division. Obviously they could hang so why go back to Sr Open? From what I watched at Battle they were every bit a true level 5 team and would continue to do well at that level. Why would someone want to drop back down to a level that you know you are better than?

Also you really cant compare butbt scoring to any other competition.

even aside from all the GT drama (which we as a team are over with.....being very satisfied with our performances) Brandon White did NOT deserve 7th place in no way. I don't see how anyone can disagree with me if you have seen their routine. Also, Peter had 3 teams come home with jackets this weekend, obviously he knows the Cheersport scoresheet and knows what to put out there.

I think I was probably more shocked with Brandon's placement than even our own. As a cheer fan, I WANT to understand scoring and legalities and everything else. I will always be biased towards GT since it is where my heart is, and everyone of our teams was amazing this weekend. I don't question our placements this weekend, it is what it is! You all will always be #1 in my eyes, biased or not! :) Great job this weekend fiercekatie!

even aside from all the GT drama (which we as a team are over with.....being very satisfied with our performances) Brandon White did NOT deserve 7th place in no way. I don't see how anyone can disagree with me if you have seen their routine. Also, Peter had 3 teams come home with jackets this weekend, obviously he knows the Cheersport scoresheet and knows what to put out there.

I think I was probably more shocked with Brandon's placement than even our own. As a cheer fan, I WANT to understand scoring and legalities and everything else. I will always be biased towards GT since it is where my heart is, and everyone of our teams was amazing this weekend. I don't question our placements this weekend, it is what it is! You all will always be #1 in my eyes, biased or not! :) Great job this weekend fiercekatie!

My post was not meant to be "bitter and complaining". It was my opinion as a parent who has been involved in this sport for 15 years that if a team or teams can max out a scoresheet competing skills that have such a lower degree of difficulty, not hit that routine that is by far easier than other teams routines and win a competition--something is flawed in that "system" in my opinion. I just cannot as a parent feel good about this past weekends results.

minbat4ever said:
My post was not meant to be "bitter and complaining". It was my opinion as a parent who has been involved in this sport for 15 years that if a team or teams can max out a scoresheet competing skills that have such a lower degree of difficulty, not hit that routine that is by far easier than other teams routines and win a competition--something is flawed in that "system" in my opinion. I just cannot as a parent feel good about this past weekends results.

If you don't find out the whole story like look at scoresheets, ask some judges, or have others look at the videos to see if they agree with you, you do sound like you are complaining just because your team didn't win.

I can't agree with you or not without any specifics. PM me if you'd like.

If you don't find out the whole story like look at scoresheets, ask some judges, or have others look at the videos to see if they agree with you, you do sound like you are complaining just because your team didn't win.

I can't agree with you or not without any specifics. PM me if you'd like.

Sent you a message--don't want to prolong or create any more drama about it. I totally understand--it is what it is--there will always be subjectivity involved. I am just disagreeing with the constraints and circumstances that the system creates and how that has an effect on the outcome and that I am unhappy about it knowing there is nothing that can or will change it.

it was awesome to meet so many of you there. Thanks for those of you who came to watch us :) its means alot wheh we hear how awesome our routine & pyramid is when your considered the underdogs. Too bad for us it was 50/50 ..would love to hear what the rest of you think :)

I apologize if someone posted this, but the Texas coed team had to leave the floor day 2 because of an injury.

Anyone know what happened? Hope that person is ok.

One of the girls broke her nose. They were allowed to restart where the music stopped without having to redo EVERYTHING. I think she's ok but it's definitely broken is what one of the coaches told me.
I saw her get hit, and it physically hurt me to watch..she's just standing there at the back and I'm just picturing her crying and screaming and nobody's doing anything and you're not sure if you should keep going or stop and she eventually walks off to the side. Hope she's ok :(

Also you really cant compare butbt scoring to any other competition.
I don't think that was their point. They meant that the team is capable of winning in a very competitive division such as Small Senior (or small limited? i forget haha) so why not stay with it. But then it was cleared up as to why they don't since there is an underage girl on the team.

One of the girls broke her nose. They were allowed to restart where the music stopped without having to redo EVERYTHING. I think she's ok but it's definitely broken is what one of the coaches told me.

frown.png
Hope she feels better soon

I saw her get hit, and it physically hurt me to watch..she's just standing there at the back and I'm just picturing her crying and screaming and nobody's doing anything and you're not sure if you should keep going or stop and she eventually walks off to the side. Hope she's ok :(

I believe she is ok. I heard from one of the coaches that she had her hands cupped under her nose and went to the trashcan and opened her hands and it was a TON of blood. (sorry for being so graphic) but yeah...it wasn't pretty.

I believe she is ok. I heard from one of the coaches that she had her hands cupped under her nose and went to the trashcan and opened her hands and it was a TON of blood. (sorry for being so graphic) but yeah...it wasn't pretty.

Hope she is ok and feel better.

Latest posts

Back