All-Star Cleaning Nfinities?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 24, 2012
Hey so I have a pair of phoenixes that are getting nasty and I was wondering how I would go about cleaning them with out ruining the shoe. also how about cleaning the vengeance?

We were told repeatedly not to wash them in the machine. I tried a few other methods that never seemed to work or give me good results (including top rack of dishwasher.) I finally just tossed them in the washing machine with my regular liquid detergent and they came out white and clean. I also air dried.

I'm not sure I would do bleach, since I know it can eat up the threading on any clothing. I never had any problems with the machine wash, though. I did it with both Evolution and Phoenix.

washing machine w/detergent and oxyclean. Mr. Clean magic eraser for the part that looks like patent leather on the Phoenix. My daughter's shoes look so good

did you guys take out the soles or anything before you washed them?

I'd take the laces out put the shoes in the washing machine. Maybe its just my machine, but it tore apart my laces on a pair of converse. I just soak the laces is bleachy water.

dont put them out in the sun they will turn yellow.. just air dry the or you can blow dry them bahaha (that was a joke)

I've washed my daughters' numerous times with detergent and bleach (only a small amount of bleach though). They always come out nice and clean even after the 6 yr old wore her's through the mud.

Washing machine.

And due to bad planning on my part I have had to throw them in the dryer before because she needed them to practice. I haven't tried throwing the vengeance in there though. She got 1 of the pairs from the 1st run that had issues and I'm afraid they'll tear up even more.

I pretreated the nfinity evolution first with spray on stain remover then threw them in the wash with tide and a little oxyclean. I have a front loader washing machine and had no problems. The laces were removed and placed in the washing machine too. I then removed the inserts and air dried them. They look almost new.

did you guys take out the soles or anything before you washed them?
Never have taken the soles out. Sometimes I take the laces out and throw them in the machine with the shoes, sometimes I leave them in. Depends on how lazy I am that day. I forgot to mention that before I wash, I douse them with Zout, Resolve, Shout, or whatever I have in the cabinet at that moment. I will have to try OxiClean next time. I have also dried them several times in the back windshield of the car on the way to out of town competitions lol.

I think the best tip is to not let them get really dirty before you wash. I did that with her first pair of shoes and they never came out super clean. Now I wash them at least once every month or two and they stay clean all year.

I wash/ dry all my shoes. i scrubbed my pheonixes with bleach before i washed them one day and there was a pink stain where the stitching was the moment the bleach touched it. as soon as they were dry the stain was gone... has anyone else had that happen? i have 3 pairs of pheonixes and 2 of the 3 that happened. hmmmm... but scrubbing them and then throwing them in the washer works magic. AIR DRY THEM. mine got caught in the edge of the dryer and melted the bottom once.

bleach/tide/hot water once a month or so (especially right before leaving for a competition) Never a problem

Throw them in the washer. There's this soap meant for babies, I think it's called ivory? All I know is it takes out the red dirt from my brother's baseball pants, so it'd probably work like a charm on white shoes. There's also some liquid soap thats called dreft I think? It's like the same thing.

Back