OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anyone that has graduated want to give me some advice on student loans? I'm like terrified of the amount I'll have to pay back. Is it really hard to have a life after graduation with that debt? Any tips or advice wouls be appreciated..

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Anyone that has graduated want to give me some advice on student loans? I'm like terrified of the amount I'll have to pay back. Is it really hard to have a life after graduation with that debt? Any tips or advice wouls be appreciated..

I'm still paying $300/month 15 years later....it seems like it will never end!

Just make sure you make the payments on time. And if you find you cannot make them for whatever reason, communicate with your loan agent so that you do not ruin your credit rating. If there's any chance of paying a little more than you are supposed to each month, do so.
It took my husband many years to repay his loans (maybe 8 or 10) but I know it was a fantastic feeling once he made that last payment.

@stuntjumpandtumble I can't quote you my app keeps crushing. But UMass is a great school with a great school of Management in great college town. I had an amazing 4 years there. And I can put you can touch with someone on the cheering team if you want to try out. Level 4 skills should be enough to make it.

@stuntjumpandtumble I can't quote you my app keeps crushing. But UMass is a great school with a great school of Management in great college town. I had an amazing 4 years there. And I can put you can touch with someone on the cheering team if you want to try out. Level 4 skills should be enough to make it.

Thank you! That would be awesome. I'm attending a clinic there 2 weeks from now and I'm really excited!

@stuntjumptumble oops wrong name.

Oh and I did a few open teams while I was out there. There aren't really any in the area anymore, but if you have a car and are willing to drive I could probably help you find some.

I used to cheer at a gym in Leominster while I was out there, the same town Pro Athletics is in. I only had to do it on Sundays, but it's about an hour so you probably could super senior there.

How much did you start with if you don't mind me asking..

The first time around, about $13,000. To finish up my BS was about $18,000, then my MBA was about $24,000. Not as much as most people, but it adds up over time, especially when you throw in deferrments or forbearances (job losses, having kids and not working for a time) when your interest keeps adding up, etc. If I had to do it over again, I would try to apply for as many grants and scholarships as I could, then supplement with what I could pay for myself. Yes, it might have taken me longer to get my degree(s), but I would have graduated debt-free.

The first time around, about $13,000. To finish up my BS was about $18,000, then my MBA was about $24,000. Not as much as most people, but it adds up over time, especially when you throw in deferrments or forbearances (job losses, having kids and not working for a time) when your interest keeps adding up, etc. If I had to do it over again, I would try to apply for as many grants and scholarships as I could, then supplement with what I could pay for myself. Yes, it might have taken me longer to get my degree(s), but I would have graduated debt-free.
I figured I'll owe about 45k and I'll be paying that back on a teacher salary so I'm pretty nervous..

I figured I'll owe about 45k and I'll be paying that back on a teacher salary so I'm pretty nervous..

I know that there are programs out there that if you teach in an inner city or low income school (and sometimes rural schools) that they will forgive part of your loans. Something to check out for when you graduate :)

I know that there are programs out there that if you teach in an inner city or low income school (and sometimes rural schools) that they will forgive part of your loans. Something to check out for when you graduate :)
Thanks, that's what I've been banking on. I actually really want to teach in inner cities and try and impact lives so it'd be a win win :)

Just make sure you make the payments on time. And if you find you cannot make them for whatever reason, communicate with your loan agent so that you do not ruin your credit rating. If there's any chance of paying a little more than you are supposed to each month, do so.
It took my husband many years to repay his loans (maybe 8 or 10) but I know it was a fantastic feeling once he made that last payment.
It's crappy how much school costs. I'm very picky about my credit so I will be sure to do that. Thank you!

It's crappy how much school costs. I'm very picky about my credit so I will be sure to do that. Thank you!

If they're all federal loans, they have income based payments. So you won't have to pay more than, I don't know, 10% of your income or something. And after a certain amount of time they'll be discharged. But I think it might be 30 years and you should be able to pay off those loans in that amount of time.

Back