OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
just now a senior.
if i already graduated, I WOULD BE CRAZY.
ahha

I was worried for you there for a second when I read that post. Don't stress too much though you have plenty of time. I didn't apply to the school I went to my freshman year until October and got my acceptence letter in December. I only visited 2 schools and applied to 5 so jut visiting one right now isn't a big deal.

How early/late did y'all send in you're apps? I'm trying to get them in early, (My goal is to have them all done by November) but idk if thats realistic or just crazy haha. I emailed my guidance councelor, who responded with, "Don't stress about time. You have more than you think." :banghead:

ETA: Thanks for answering my questions everyone :) You guys are verrrry helpful!

How early/late did y'all send in you're apps? I'm trying to get them in early, (My goal is to have them all done by November) but idk if thats realistic or just crazy haha. I emailed my guidance councelor, who responded with, "Don't stress about time. You have more than you think." :banghead:

ETA: Thanks for answering my questions everyone :) You guys are verrrry helpful!

the earlier, the better! i sent in 17 apps on november 1st and didn't have to stress about it for the rest of the year! it was really nice to have them off because i could focus on enjoying senior year and keeping my grades up. i had a lot of friends who left things to the last minute. not only were they stressed out like crazy, but their applications were sloppy and their essays didn't get the time needed in orer to ensure a strong writing piece. it may seem early to get things done now, but you'll be ahead of the game. and, because i had apps in so early, i got a lot of responses back before other people had even submitted their applications.

Mmm yes, I agree with @soFIERCE08 about sending them in early! I was able to get everything in by November, and by December I got my acceptance letter from Endicott, and a week later, I committed to them. I'm not sure how other schools do it, but at Endi, the earlier you send in your commitment thing (blanking on what it's called), the more likely you are to have better freshman housing!

Oh and a sidenote for @live2cheer10 and @cheeeeeer93 , I just bought 2 Red Sox tickets for $30 through our alumni association for two weeks from now. We also get a free t-shirt and a free beer at the game! If that doesn't make you choose Endicott, idk what will! ;)

The earlier you get it in the better. I had all of mine in by the beginning of Novemeber and had all of the letters back by Jan. The thing about getting them in early is you get your application for the dorms and the sooner you turn that in the better the chance of getting a good room and not one of the smallest on campus.

Ahhh no no no, if anything, you end up with less time than you think! I waited until the very last day for every single one of my apps ;)

Keep in mind that not all schools do "rolling admissions", so the date you send it in isn't necessarily important for everywhere.

I'm applying to 5 schools and I've already applied to my top 3.. all that's left is my back up school and one that I probably won't get into but it doesn't hurt to apply.

I'm applying to 5 schools and I've already applied to my top 3.. all that's left is my back up school and one that I probably won't get into but it doesn't hurt to apply.

this is another good point to bring up. don't rule yourselves out of any schools! the worst that happens is you don't get in. but if you never apply to one long shot school that you really want to go, you'll never know if you could have gotten in!

@ryann3794 you never ever know! I got into the hardest school I applied to and was flat out rejected from a much easier school. It all depends on what the admissions counselor is looking for that day as they read over your application...something might stand out to them about you and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised :) Definitely apply, as it sounds like you were planning on it.

It all depends. For schools I knew I would get into I sent them in early. For schools that were more "on the line", I retook the SAT's in early October and also sent my first quarter grades in since they were good. I can't absolutely confirm or deny whether waiting for those scores/grades made that much of a difference, but I like to think they helped get me into the schools in the end.

Mmm yes, I agree with @soFIERCE08 about sending them in early! I was able to get everything in by November, and by December I got my acceptance letter from Endicott, and a week later, I committed to them. I'm not sure how other schools do it, but at Endi, the earlier you send in your commitment thing (blanking on what it's called), the more likely you are to have better freshman housing!

Oh and a sidenote for @live2cheer10 and @cheeeeeer93 , I just bought 2 Red Sox tickets for $30 through our alumni association for two weeks from now. We also get a free t-shirt and a free beer at the game! If that doesn't make you choose Endicott, idk what will! ;)
Oooooh that's pretty tempting :p

I just wish school started already haha. I still have 3 weeks, and I going a little crazy doing all this on my own right now!

I just wish school started already haha. I still have 3 weeks, and I going a little crazy doing all this on my own right now!
Samee! Like none of my friends are doing anything this summer (except for one that's going like psycho about it hahaha) so I'm like alone doing this with my parents. Even though my guidance counselor won't be too big of a help :p

@ryann3794 you never ever know! I got into the hardest school I applied to and was flat out rejected from a much easier school. It all depends on what the admissions counselor is looking for that day as they read over your application...something might stand out to them about you and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised :) Definitely apply, as it sounds like you were planning on it.
It's not really a school im too interested in anyways but I'm still applying :)

Definitely get your apps in early! Just make sure that no where you are applying is early decision, because if you send it in for that you could end up completely screwed if thats not where you want to go lol. One of my friends made this mistake and was luckily able to get out of it but it cost her a lot of money. I had all my apps in by their earliest dates in november! For a lot of schools it guarantees a decision letter earlier than normal..That definitely helped me since I didn't visit the colleges that were super far until I found out I got in and what not. Deadlines do creep up faster than you think, so don't dilly dally but don't be super stressed either! You will get everything done!

Back