OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've gone on several so far- Georgetown, UPenn, Princeton, Columbia, and MIT. I loved Georgetown and Columbia. Georgetown has a really closed campus feel, but it's in the middle of Washington DC, so you always have the opportunity to go out into a vibrant city if you want to. Columbia didn't have as much of the closed campus feel, but it was still beautiful and it's in the middle of Manhattan! I probably would have liked Penn a lot more if they hadn't been doing a bunch of construction. Princeton had an absolutely gorgeous campus, but the students there have a very unique attitude and work ethic that probably wouldn't be the best fit for most people (myself included haha). MIT was really cool, but it is a technical school, so if you're not a hard core science/math person, you would not fit in at all haha. I'm visiting Brown next week and I'm really excited about that one, and I think I'm seeing Boston College next week, too. And right now I'm doing a summer program thing at Harvard and everything here is incredible- terrific campus, terrific city, basically terrific everything haha.

But... I really need to go visit colleges that I actually have a good chance of getting into, though haha. Everywhere I've gone so far is super selective!

If you liked Princeton's campus but weren't wild about the atmosphere, you should visit Duke :) Princeton and Duke have very similar campuses (Duke was modeled after Princeton), but the atmosphere at Duke is definitely more laid-back in terms of academic competitiveness, which seems to be the attitude you're talking about. Plus, it's warmer at Duke ;)

I have a feeling you will like Brown, too. You sound like you are looking for a lot of the same schools and attributes I was when I was college hunting, so if you wanna chat, PM me some time!

If you liked Princeton's campus but weren't wild about the atmosphere, you should visit Duke :) Princeton and Duke have very similar campuses (Duke was modeled after Princeton), but the atmosphere at Duke is definitely more laid-back in terms of academic competitiveness, which seems to be the attitude you're talking about. Plus, it's warmer at Duke ;)

I have a feeling you will like Brown, too. You sound like you are looking for a lot of the same schools and attributes I was when I was college hunting, so if you wanna chat, PM me some time!

One of my good friends from high school played football for Duke. I went to visit him once before his freshman year started because I was visiting UNC, and it really is a beautiful campus, even though I prefer the powder blue :)

Im going into my senior year and starting all my applications now. I have yet to visit my southern schools due to timing problems. Flying from Newark to Auburn in Alabama, Ole Miss, Clemson and University of South Carolina is going to be expensive. Does anyone have any must-sees while visiting these schools that can help me use my time and money efficiently. Maybe alittle help from @WHOA tiger or @cheerKT

same! i love the state of NC :) I would love to go to UNC Wilmington
I know this was posted ages ago but I'm just back from spending a year abroad at UNC Wilmington :) It's a wonderful school, I had the best year of my life there. Would have stayed for my senior year if I'd got the option but instead I'm stuck in Scotland wishing I was back at the beach!!

im a rising junior and next summer im planning to go on college visits... i have no clue how to even start the colleg choosing process though it stresses me out just thinking about it :/

im a rising junior and next summer im planning to go on college visits... i have no clue how to even start the colleg choosing process though it stresses me out just thinking about it :/
....I'm a rising senior and in the same situation. Haha. @U.ECheer

Im going into my senior year and starting all my applications now. I have yet to visit my southern schools due to timing problems. Flying from Newark to Auburn in Alabama, Ole Miss, Clemson and University of South Carolina is going to be expensive. Does anyone have any must-sees while visiting these schools that can help me use my time and money efficiently. Maybe alittle help from @WHOA tiger or @cheerKT

Fly to Charlotte. Get a rental car. Drive to Columbia. Drive to Clemson. Drive to Auburn. Drive to Alabama. Drive to Ole Miss. Fly back to Newark from Mississippi....or drive back to Atlanta...and fly from there.

I don't know what you mean by "must sees". One of my degrees is from Carolina...do you mean on campus or in the city of Columbia

Quick question for you guys- did any of you apply to any schools that didn't have your major? I know a lot of people talk about how college kids switch their majors and whatnot...so is it worth it to apply to schools that don't have the major you want? And if yes, how many?

Quick question for you guys- did any of you apply to any schools that didn't have your major? I know a lot of people talk about how college kids switch their majors and whatnot...so is it worth it to apply to schools that don't have the major you want? And if yes, how many?

I would say yes it is worth it. Here is why, most people that go into college with a major in mind do not stick to that major (I changed 3 times before I picked what I just graduated with). It is smart to go in with an idea, but also keep your mind open to other things. Though if you are dead set on it and refuse to change I wouldn't waste my time, unless there is a similar program at that school which can give you the education to obtain a job in that field.

Back