OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Looking at housing is SO difficult. I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to MTSU and hearing from my friends who hae gone there/ go there the dorms aren't so great. I'm the kind of person who has to have privacy unless I go insane, and I'll have to be sharing a bedroom (which isn't that bad) but, all of the dorms have a community bathroom (gross). My best friend is also going to MTSU and she applied for an off-campus apartment, which is actually cheaper than the on-campus apartments. Do any of y'all have experience living off campus freshman year? Is it a good idea? Or an awful idea? Some pros/cons? Because I'm really considering it.

ETA: The apartment includes cable and utilities and is fully furnished.
Live in the dorms. Get flip flops for the showers. Everyone will be dealing with the same issues you will, and you all will laugh and bond over them. Don't live off campus freshman year. You'll lose so much of what makes college, college. Especially in the beginning.

This is somewhat about college...I guess I just really don't know where to post this.
I'm so sad to leave cheer here in a few months. It's the only thing I've consistently done my whole life and it's going to bring my world down being out of it...does anyone have any advice for graduating out of cheer? I guess coping with the fact that I'm done,as silly as it sounds. I'm going to Western Carolina University as a teaching major, so I'm hoping this will help me more in getting into coaching. But does anyone have advice for a senior about to graduate? I'm just heartbroken that I can count on a few fingers how many competitions I have left...

This is somewhat about college...I guess I just really don't know where to post this.
I'm so sad to leave cheer here in a few months. It's the only thing I've consistently done my whole life and it's going to bring my world down being out of it...does anyone have any advice for graduating out of cheer? I guess coping with the fact that I'm done,as silly as it sounds. I'm going to Western Carolina University as a teaching major, so I'm hoping this will help me more in getting into coaching. But does anyone have advice for a senior about to graduate? I'm just heartbroken that I can count on a few fingers how many competitions I have left...
I'm in the same boat :( No idea what I'm going to do. I'm trying out for cheer at my university but it won't be the same. The closest international team is an hour away from school. Sigh :( I don't want to grow up.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm in the same boat :( No idea what I'm going to do. I'm trying out for cheer at my university but it won't be the same. The closest international team is an hour away from school. Sigh :( I don't want to grow up.

I'm trying out for my college teams and I might be psycho but I'm driving the hour to the closest international team. I've only been cheering since I was 14 and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Yup I'm probably crazy

I'm trying out for my college teams and I might be psycho but I'm driving the hour to the closest international team. I've only been cheering since I was 14 and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Yup I'm probably crazy

I totally would do the same, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it. Maybe after freshman year if I can figure out a schedule and get a decent but flexible job and maybe find some sponsors. I want to eventually get into coaching too. I refuse to let myself out of the allstar industry for good.

I totally would do the same, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it. Maybe after freshman year if I can figure out a schedule and get a decent but flexible job and maybe find some sponsors. I want to eventually get into coaching too. I refuse to let myself out of the allstar industry for good.

We have the same idea :) I want to coach and possibly work for varsity or a similar company

Try to find a nannying/babysitting job. I had one before and it paid so well and was super flexible.

Looking at housing is SO difficult. I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to MTSU and hearing from my friends who hae gone there/ go there the dorms aren't so great. I'm the kind of person who has to have privacy unless I go insane, and I'll have to be sharing a bedroom (which isn't that bad) but, all of the dorms have a community bathroom (gross). My best friend is also going to MTSU and she applied for an off-campus apartment, which is actually cheaper than the on-campus apartments. Do any of y'all have experience living off campus freshman year? Is it a good idea? Or an awful idea? Some pros/cons? Because I'm really considering it.

ETA: The apartment includes cable and utilities and is fully furnished.
Live in the dorms!!!! My parents literally forced me into living in the dorms (I was SO against it) and I am SO grateful for the experience.

My mom wants me to look more seriously into schools like right now so that I can write them on my ACT, because a lot of scholarships require you to put the school as one of your top 4 in order to be eligible. But how do I do that? I have SO many emails and brochures and such from colleges that I've just been setting aside and I have no idea where to start :help: anyone have any advice? the main problem is I don't know what I want to be so it's hard to pick a school, but I really do need to narrow down my options before I take the ACT again

My mom wants me to look more seriously into schools like right now so that I can write them on my ACT, because a lot of scholarships require you to put the school as one of your top 4 in order to be eligible. But how do I do that? I have SO many emails and brochures and such from colleges that I've just been setting aside and I have no idea where to start :help: anyone have any advice? the main problem is I don't know what I want to be so it's hard to pick a school, but I really do need to narrow down my options before I take the ACT again
When I first started looking I used the college board website. I used the search feature on the side where it helps narrow down schools. I looked at all the schools that came up and kept a list of the ones I liked. After that I started going on school websites. Once I really narrowed it down I started visiting and applying. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I remember being really overwhelmed with the whole college process.
Big Future - College Search - Find colleges and universities by major, location, type, more.

When I first started looking I used the college board website. I used the search feature on the side where it helps narrow down schools. I looked at all the schools that came up and kept a list of the ones I liked. After that I started going on school websites. Once I really narrowed it down I started visiting and applying. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I remember being really overwhelmed with the whole college process.
Big Future - College Search - Find colleges and universities by major, location, type, more.
yeah I'm definitely overwhelmed! There are soooo many options
My mom's scheduled a college visit at Louisville since we're going there for a competition, we'll probably visit Wash U when we're in the area for a competition, and I've already visited Georgia Tech. And I may as well have visited Mizzou, my sister goes there, my dad works there, and I'm taking a class there next year, so I know quite a bit about it. But Wash U and Louisville are mostly being visited out of convenience, not that I don't want to go there but I just don't know much about the schools.
I've used collegeboard a little bit but I should probably utilize it more since it seems like a good resource, thanks!
ps I have a 32 on my ACT and a 3.96 gpa if anyone wants to recommend schools. I have no idea what I want to do with my life but I don't want to be in debt forever so anywhere I can get scholarships is good, other than that there's not many guidelines!

@cheernerd5678 the app won't let me quote you without crashing :( but I'd say just start general and narrow things down. Do you want to stay in state or go somewhere more exciting? What part of the country do you want? Public vs private vs religious? Big/medium/small school? Do you want to cheer or be involved in a different activity? Obviously you're familiar with mizzou so maybe make a list of things you like/dislike about MU and try to find schools that fit those criteria?

Eta- WashU, GT, and UofL are all in bigger cities so is that something you want or do you prefer a smaller "college town" feel like como? Just more things to think about!

yeah I'm definitely overwhelmed! There are soooo many options
My mom's scheduled a college visit at Louisville since we're going there for a competition, we'll probably visit Wash U when we're in the area for a competition, and I've already visited Georgia Tech. And I may as well have visited Mizzou, my sister goes there, my dad works there, and I'm taking a class there next year, so I know quite a bit about it. But Wash U and Louisville are mostly being visited out of convenience, not that I don't want to go there but I just don't know much about the schools.
I've used collegeboard a little bit but I should probably utilize it more since it seems like a good resource, thanks!
ps I have a 32 on my ACT and a 3.96 gpa if anyone wants to recommend schools. I have no idea what I want to do with my life but I don't want to be in debt forever so anywhere I can get scholarships is good, other than that there's not many guidelines!
Does your school use Naviance? My cp's school does and when we met with her guidance counselor I was amazed at how you could input all the different variables to help narrow things down.

Does your school use Naviance? My cp's school does and when we met with her guidance counselor I was amazed at how you could input all the different variables to help narrow things down.
I don't think we do since I've never heard of it. You may not know the answer to this but is it something the school pays or subscribes to, or could I get it on my own?

Back