OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It's kind of a scary thought, but I move into my school next Thursday! I'm going to Western Carolina University. Also a little nerve wracking because I finally got my roommate assignment and my roommate happens to be a rising senior...good and bad I guess..I just honestly really wanted to room with another freshman so that we could both "experience" everything new at the same time, other than being thrown in with someone who's been there going on 4 years and thinks it's child's play...but she's super nice so I guess I will just have to wait and see how things turn out...ready to wear purple and gold, go cats! :)
If she's super nice she will be an awesome resource to have! She will already know things to do, places to go, and things to avoid. I was 22 last year rooming with 3 sophomore 18 and 19 year olds and we still had a great time :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

School's already about to start in the US ? :eek:
Or is it customary to move in early ?
I start high school August 19, if I was a freshman id start the 18th. We get out at the end of May if we don't go over on snow days, but this year got out June 6. I used to live in virginia and we never started till September, but got out later in June. Some areas have already started school which is crazy to me!

I start high school August 19, if I was a freshman id start the 18th. We get out at the end of May if we don't go over on snow days, but this year got out June 6. I used to live in virginia and we never started till September, but got out later in June. Some areas have already started school which is crazy to me!

I think the high schools (and elementary schools) around here start next Monday. But seniors start Tuesday if I remember correctly!

I guess it makes sense. In France, school officially ends in early July (a lot of families stop sending their kids around mid-June though, that's a big problem around here). Finishing this late, it would be awful to start again in August... However I think I wouldn't mind getting out and starting the next year earlier. Working until July is loooong and everybody's tired. If you have to work during the summer, might as well be rested !

I start September 3rd(only freshman go the 2nd) and I got out late June because our teachers went on strike last year so we had to make up an extra 2 weeks!

I guess it makes sense. In France, school officially ends in early July (a lot of families stop sending their kids around mid-June though, that's a big problem around here). Finishing this late, it would be awful to start again in August... However I think I wouldn't mind getting out and starting the next year earlier. Working until July is loooong and everybody's tired. If you have to work during the summer, might as well be rested !
It's really nice when we actually get out in May! This year I'm getting out super early bc I'm a senior. We get out a week before everyone else, but with snow days it's usually more bc they don't change our end date but they change everyone else's. Last year the seniors were gone for like 3 weeks before we got out!
My junior high wasn't air conditioned, so while some people were hoping for tons of snow days, everyone in junior high was like PLEASE NO ID RATHER GO NOW THAN IN JUNE! Now this year I'm hoping for snow days :D

I start fall semester on August 25th! I move into my dorm on the 22nd, though. I'm also thinking of rushing. I go to University of North Florida now so it's a whole new experience and from just taking summer classes I can tell I'm gonna love it even more!

I start fall semester on August 25th! I move into my dorm on the 22nd, though. I'm also thinking of rushing. I go to University of North Florida now so it's a whole new experience and from just taking summer classes I can tell I'm gonna love it even more!
That's so great! I remember you weren't enjoying Fgcu very much. Have a blast!

As retiredl5cheer mentioned, cost is a factor to consider also when looking at the value of the school. In state cost vs out of state and any scholarships etc that each school will offer. With that being said, then view the schools you feel like you will fit into academically and socially. It's a big expense not to enjoy things outside of academics.

This: "it's a big expense not to enjoy things outside of academics" is what finally sealed the decision for my former CP. She's moving out in two weeks and looking forward to her future!

I am! I move in next sunday
Exciting! If you see a girl who looks just like me in my avi and is in sigma kappa, it's probably my sister. When we were moving her in yesterday people kept coming up to me thinking I was her. Like nope, but she's in her room... :oops: Have fun! She loved it last year.

This: "it's a big expense not to enjoy things outside of academics" is what finally sealed the decision for my former CP. She's moving out in two weeks and looking forward to her future!
That's one of the main reasons my daughter transferred schools this year also - so far she seems happier and less stressed.

I start classes at my local college on the 18th and so does all the elementary-high schools in my county :)

Back