All-Star Dangers Of Cheerlebrity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

8ebeza8a.jpg

evy7apu7.jpg

If I was a 'cheerlebrity' I would put the fault on someone else, like my coach (obviously with their permission). If someone asked me to take a picture or autograph, I would simply say, "My coach doesn't allow me to." Typically this won't make the coach look like a bad person, because it is simply a rule for the safety of their athletes. It would also prevent the 'cheerlebrity' from having a rude reputation.

But then again, I wouldn't allow anyone to follow me on social media if I didn't know them. They can have the freedom to share whatever they want with whoever they want just like anyone else. That's a huge part of the issue, whether you agree or disagree.

My cp learned fairly quickly to not hound her favorites. If she wanted a chance to take a pic I would message the athlete's parent beforehand and ask what their schedule was. I remember last year at NCA cp had her little autograph book and saw Maddie, before she could even approach her she watched a group of girls back Maddie up against a glass door and someone had to open the door and get her out. It made cp feel so bad for her, I had to keep her from putting herself in between the group of kids and Maddie. She is also friends with a younger, up and coming cheerlebrity and has been caught up in the "can we take a photo?!" while they are trying to just be kids at a competition. She came back to our seats so irritated.
I will say this, even though she's tiny she would definetly have this person's back if they got into a bad situation at a comp.

I just read all 15 pages of this thread so this comment might seem off topic but I had an idea for a little experiment...
I wonder what would happen if a random girl, someone who doesn't even cheer, was put in a competition venue in a WC/CA/TG uni. Would she get treated as a Cheerlebrity simply because of the name on her chest? I think she most definitely would, but it'd also be interesting to see if any "true fan" caught on :rolleyes:

It's a step forward that gyms are pledging this, but I feel as though it's the younger "fans" that are causing most of the problem. Some/most too young to understand and demonstrate what this pledge states.
maybe parents can explain to these young fan in simple way? what i mean is they can explain this pledges in simple words that could be understand by young kids :)

A lot of this has nothing to do with promoting them or even the talent themselves. It has to do with our culture and society. Think about all the people who invented or created or are athletes in any sport. They are doing what they love to do, whether it be program a computer or skate with a puck. We as a society put them on these pedastals and control what they are and the attention they get. People look up to and become fans of what they like. Ask a noncheerleader to name five "cheerlebrities" and they probably couldn't do it but on the same notion, ask a non-hockey fan to name five players and they probably couldn't do that either. With cheerleading rising as an industry, people are looking for people to look up to and worship, just like we do with every other sport, music genre, etc.

I am applauding these gyms for taking the first step and finally doing something against this nonsense! It will be interesting to see how things work out!
On the other hand it still makes me cringe when i see athletes selling products with their name on instagram... so i am pretty positive some gyms will not pledge

I am applauding these gyms for taking the first step and finally doing something against this nonsense! It will be interesting to see how things work out!
On the other hand it still makes me cringe when i see athletes selling products with their name on instagram... so i am pretty positive some gyms will not pledge

I just gave you a 1,000th shimmy :shimmy:

I have a question.
If I go to worlds and I want to take a picutre with Kelsey Rule. am I allowed to do that?

Maybe it's just me but it seems funny that World Cup signed off on that when Kelsey and Toni last year came to the Canadian nationals in their stars uniform to do meet and greets.. Oh well

I believe everyone is a bit smarter about the situation now.

Back