All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im not sure if anybody has suggested this yet, but this might sound really dramatic, well it actually is. If a gym is caught cheating, the whole gym/program should be banned by the USASF from competing at any competition the following season (cheating during 15/16 season banned from competing 16/17 season) I think it will put a stop to it without having any victims. If anyone tries to cheat then they are a idiot.
Absolutely yes. This way you really impact their livelihood. After all, what's an all-star that can't go to 99% of competitions (and virtually none of the really good ones?).

So are you saying that the owners, coaches and parents told children to lie about their ages to their teammates too?
They told them if asked to say their name was... & they were whatever age so it would match their roster.
If a kid left the gym, they would leave them rostered & have the kids pretend to be that kid.

They told them if asked to say their name was... & they were whatever age so it would match their roster.
If a kid left the gym, they would leave them rostered & have the kids pretend to be that kid.
Left the gym or left the team? Do you know for sure that they used names of kids that are no longer at the gym?

I posted under the wrong thread, & couldn't delete it...So, I was gonna leave a smiley face here instead...but it won't let me do that either...Sooo, I'll just say..."Have a wonderful day!!"

Last edited:
Left the gym or left the team? Do you know for sure that they used names of kids that are no longer at the gym?

Both. Some left the gym, some were just not on the team. Yes, they were using names of kids that were rostered but not present & sometimes it involved instructing multiple children on a team to lie about their name/age. They would have to play musical names, because (for example) a 7 or 8 year old on a senior team might be able to pass for 10, but not 13. So the legal 10 year old already on the team would have to pretend to be the 13 year old & the 7-8 year old would pretend to be the 10 year old. Am I explaining that properly? It's really very disturbing, in my opinion.

So are you saying that the owners, coaches and parents told children to lie about their ages to their teammates too?
Basically the kids were instructed to play musical names. The other kids knew that this person was supposed to say they were...(whoever they were pretending to be).

I am glad that NCA is cracking down across the board! let's hope it continues next season.
Absolutely! Kudos to NCA for cracking down. Unfortunately, it seems like UCA/Varsity may not be taking the matter quite as seriously. One might question if it has anything to do with the fact that some of the coaches from cheating teams are also current or past UCA employees. I certainly hope this would not be the reason why they seem to choose not to address the issue, but I don't see any other reason to continue listing proven cheaters as 1st place winners @ certain competitions where the cheating was proven. Just one of those things that make you go...hmmmm....

Back