All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Let it be known that out of all 7 teams that competed 5 of those teams took 1st place completely legal of age athletes with no coaches. I watched there teams and they were really good.

Correct but one team was the only in their division (J4). But yeah they won tiny 1, mini 1, mini 2, large youth 2 and those teams looked great as usual. S2 and SR5 both got 3rd out of 3. (I didn't stay to watch but I saw the results.)

J2 and Y3 were not competing because they went to Cheersport so got a break.

It feels like this "story" is dying down a bit, I didn't hear anyone talking about them which was quite refreshing. :)

My teams know our warm up routine (same at every comp) and could probably get through warm ups just fine, but h*ll would need to freeze over before I'd even consider letting my kids do that. Someone needs to be backstage with those athletes so my assumption is that another coach with Flip City that doesn't normally coach that team is helping to warm up the team backstage (provided this is accurate information)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep my CP team will go against them at Summit. Hope they have age appropriate athletes :) saw last season video of them at Summit but they were large j2 then. Now they are small j2
I don't they have a choice but to be age appropriate after States but I am sure half of them are Level 4 athletes. But that is just strategy and how you win in cheer these days, right?

My teams know our warm up routine (same at every comp) and could probably get through warm ups just fine, but h*ll would need to freeze over before I'd even consider letting my kids do that. Someone needs to be backstage with those athletes so my assumption is that another coach with Flip City that doesn't normally coach that team is helping to warm up the team backstage (provided this is accurate information)

I hear it is a Team Mom and another coach

I don't they have a choice but to be age appropriate after States but I am sure half of them are Level 4 athletes. But that is just strategy and how you win in cheer these days, right?
Well I know my kid is doing level 5 stuff but the team is her age appropriate team and most of the girls are level two some have been working on getting running tucks so they might be level 3 next season. I'm not sure how many would be level 3 by then. We don't have an in between team. there's level 1& 2, 4.2 then 5. Last year they had a junior 4 but most of them aged out and are now senior 5. so the juniors that are left are all now mostly level two. So that's what we have. I was skeptical about having my kid on level 2 but again all the kids are on age appropriate team and then cross over if needed. The senior five team maybe has five kids who are senior only and in order to make a team for them we have crossovers. I know people say Lucky 7 went to worlds. but I have never heard of Lucky 5 lolol. Anyway it's weird to have her on a level 2 and a level 5 but it's the only way it would work for the limited number of kids we have. Given the new rules about crossovers CP can only compete with one of these teams at Disney anyway. So she has to choose worlds or summit not both. If they still had junior 4 like last year, it wouldn't have been a problem. But it is what it is. I will say she is having a lot of fun on her junior team because the age ranges are so close. The whole team has bonded so much. so it was a good fit for her and we are enjoying it. Her senior team has (I think) 13 kids on it. I'm not sure what they will do if they get a worlds bid and lose some crossovers. Alternates? But there are new rules for that too? If the rules ever become such that they don't allow crossovers, then some gyms might have to shut their doors or turn away athletes if they don't have enough of a certain level to make a team for everyone. Or have all athletes on level one and two. I do know a gym locally who has a handful of level five athletes. Not enough to make a team. So these athletes are on level one teams to accomodate the number of little ones who are only level 1. Not sure how I would feel about that. I also see examples of gyms who have lower levels made up of 80-90% level fives. ???

Well I know my kid is doing level 5 stuff but the team is her age appropriate team and most of the girls are level two some have been working on getting running tucks so they might be level 3 next season. I'm not sure how many would be level 3 by then. We don't have an in between team. there's level 1& 2, 4.2 then 5. Last year they had a junior 4 but most of them aged out and are now senior 5. so the juniors that are left are all now mostly level two. So that's what we have. I was skeptical about having my kid on level 2 but again all the kids are on age appropriate team and then cross over if needed. The senior five team maybe has five kids who are senior only and in order to make a team for them we have crossovers. I know people say Lucky 7 went to worlds. but I have never heard of Lucky 5 lolol. Anyway it's weird to have her on a level 2 and a level 5 but it's the only way it would work for the limited number of kids we have. Given the new rules about crossovers CP can only compete with one of these teams at Disney anyway. So she has to choose worlds or summit not both. If they still had junior 4 like last year, it wouldn't have been a problem. But it is what it is. I will say she is having a lot of fun on her junior team because the age ranges are so close. The whole team has bonded so much. so it was a good fit for her and we are enjoying it. Her senior team has (I think) 13 kids on it. I'm not sure what they will do if they get a worlds bid and lose some crossovers. Alternates? But there are new rules for that too? If the rules ever become such that they don't allow crossovers, then some gyms might have to shut their doors or turn away athletes if they don't have enough of a certain level to make a team for everyone. Or have all athletes on level one and two. I do know a gym locally who has a handful of level five athletes. Not enough to make a team. So these athletes are on level one teams to accomodate the number of little ones who are only level 1. Not sure how I would feel about that. I also see examples of gyms who have lower levels made up of 80-90% level fives. ???
I think you made a really great point that I never considered. I think it is important to be on an age appropriate team. I think I was 9 or 10 and on a Sr Team and my Mom was totally against it but caved. She was so right. The team was very divided. All the flyers were in elementary school and the Bases and Backspots pretty much High School. They talked about some inappropriate things. One girl who was a year older than me at the time still had that belly we all eventually grew out of it. They made a comment about her being pregnant. When there was Choreography the older girls we eat in one room and the little ones in the other. We never bonded and our performance showed it.

Im not sure if anybody has suggested this yet, but this might sound really dramatic, well it actually is. If a gym is caught cheating, the whole gym/program should be banned by the USASF from competing at any competition the following season (cheating during 15/16 season banned from competing 16/17 season) I think it will put a stop to it without having any victims. If anyone tries to cheat then they are a idiot.

Im not sure if anybody has suggested this yet, but this might sound really dramatic, well it actually is. If a gym is caught cheating, the whole gym/program should be banned by the USASF from competing at any competition the following season (cheating during 15/16 season banned from competing 16/17 season) I think it will put a stop to it without having any victims. If anyone tries to cheat then they are a idiot.
AGREED!

Over the past 48 hours, NCA has disqualified 3 different teams who competed with us at two different events this season.

In both instances, programs submitted falsified rosters, birth dates, and competed athletes who are not age eligible. Both programs have been instructed to return all trophies/banners to the NCA office. Their teams have been removed from the online results and their information is being forwarded to the USASF so that it may be determined if further disciplinary action is necessary.

NCA and NDA take the integrity and legitimacy of our sport very seriously. For those programs bringing teams to NCA & NDA All-Star Nationals, be assured that we will be diligent in upholding the rules and unwavering in our response if USASF rosters are not submitted properly.

As Coaches, Parents, and Event Producers, we all have a responsibility to young people. Remember, we aren’t just training cheerleaders to win titles. We are reinforcing core values that will shape and mold our next generation of leaders.

I know this post is a few months old, but there is a small gym from Louisiana whose L2 Small Senior team was recently disqualified & removed from the results from NCA in Dallas. Their L2small Senior & L3 Small junior teams were disqualified from a local comp & it appears that they should be in the process of being disqualified from @ least 2 other comps. Of course, the parents are not being told the truth or that the teams have even been disqualified!!
Shout out to NCA for maintaining the integrity of our sport!!

Last edited:
AGREED! Unfortunately, @ least one (recently) disqualified gym is not even disclosing to the parents that they have been disqualified! I want to know if a gym is cheating so my kids don't end up there! NOT the role models I want for my kids!!!

Back