All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yep. I have to provide that for my kid in order to play soccer and the coaching staff has to be able to produce if there is a question as to his age!

I know I use pageant examples often, but I have one former pageant competitor godchild who is VERY SMALL for her age. She is 9 and 20th percentile for height and weight (grandma and dad are small people.) She looks like a first grader.

Well, back when she competed in pageants, mom always packed the birth certificate (most require it but some people do not bring it because they assume there won't be a problem.) At 5 years old, she was so small that she legit looked THREE. So they'd show up, register in the 4-5 division and get the side eye because the directors did not believe she was really 5. They thought we were trying to sneak a three year old into an age bracket with fewer kids!

Happens a lot in that activity. Some kids are legit small or big for their ages. Others are cheating.

Reminds me of the "There is no way that kid is 12!" that some kids get in the cheer world.
Soccer has player cards with their picture and birthdate on it. Refs typically review them prior to the game starting. The coaches are responsible for bringing them and presenting them when asked.

We had a local gym that did this. Went as far as to put known college aged coaches on a senior team (they were NOT super seniors. We are talking 19 or older). A child I taught who I knew was turning 16 was on a junior team. When they finally got caught,they just changed those teams to exhibition only, claiming they subbed for an injury and didn't know the rule. Those kids had been on the teams since day 1.
Several years ago a gym that sandbagged senior coed 3 with their small coed 5 athletes at cheersport used overage athletes. I only know that because afterward we went to a sportsbar and who walks in but some of the boys in question...who sidled right up to the bar and ordered a beer.

You can't make this stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several years ago a gym that sandbagged senior coed 3 with their small coed 5 athletes at cheersport used overage athletes. I only know that because afterward we went to a sportsbar and who walks in but some of the boys in question...who sidled right up to the bar and ordered a beer.

That's hilarious! And doubly funny, because they're clearly too old for small coed 5... LMAO

I am glad that NCA is taking a stance against this and is actually doing something. I like seeing gyms get held accountable for this type of behavior. Too bad they can't really hold parents and athletes publicly accountable for falsifying birth certificates and have a cheater hall of shame without having to deal with a bunch of lawsuits or other legal issues..............

The parents/athletes/coaches are definitely experiencing the ramifications of their decisions. We don't need to publicly shame them on a national scale to have an impact. I understand everyone's desire to know the details, I just don't believe those details are anyone else's business. Everyone affected by the situation, including the other teams in the division, has been notified.

Fierce Board is great and all, but Message boards are not the appropriate forum to handle this type of delicate information.

4 years ago CP competed with her small Y1 team at UCA Nationals and came in second to a team that deserved to win. The Monday after the competition, a parent who had purchased the video of the competition noticed that the team who had won had 21 girls on the floor, one too many for the small division. They should have competed in large. UCA was notified and sent the jackets, medals, ect. to the gym for our girls. They also claimed they would change the posted ranking, but they never did. After this the parents had multiple conversations regarding how this could have happened. Did the team cheat? Register 20 athletes and then sneak a 21st? Did UCA accidentally place them in the wrong division? And, how was the "mistake" not caught by UCA as the team was in warm ups or taking the floor? Since then I have a habit of counting athletes to make sure teams CP competes against are of the correct number. And, I found this same error 2 more times in the following 2 seasons.

4 years ago CP competed with her small Y1 team at UCA Nationals and came in second to a team that deserved to win. The Monday after the competition, a parent who had purchased the video of the competition noticed that the team who had won had 21 girls on the floor, one too many for the small division. They should have competed in large. UCA was notified and sent the jackets, medals, ect. to the gym for our girls. They also claimed they would change the posted ranking, but they never did. After this the parents had multiple conversations regarding how this could have happened. Did the team cheat? Register 20 athletes and then sneak a 21st? Did UCA accidentally place them in the wrong division? And, how was the "mistake" not caught by UCA as the team was in warm ups or taking the floor? Since then I have a habit of counting athletes to make sure teams CP competes against are of the correct number. And, I found this same error 2 more times in the following 2 seasons.

We were at a competition a few weeks ago where the judges scored my CP's team as a 12-person team instead of 11. This meant her team didn't receive as many points as they should have. CP's team would have won the competition had they been scored as an 11-person team.

It made me question the legitimacy of the competition. The number of athletes on CP's team was listed correctly on the schedule. I can see how larger teams might possibly be miscounted... But when there were 3 stunt groups of 3 and two people tumbling on the floor, where did they think the 12th athlete was hiding?

I am still a little bitter about that.

In your case, I would find it odd that the gym didn't notice they were in the wrong division. They certainly had to know they had 21 athletes on the team.

Oh that is just epic!

Oh that is just epic!
The best part is they didn't win. That's the thing about sandbagging...you might just forget when throwing last pass that a legal level five pass is illegal in level 3....and get hit with the deduction.

That friends is what you call Karma.

Weird.

The best part is they didn't win. That's the thing about sandbagging...you might just forget when throwing last pass that a legal level five pass is illegal in level 3....and get hit with the deduction.

That friends is what you call Karma.

That's instant karma, the best kind!

We were at a competition a few weeks ago where the judges scored my CP's team as a 12-person team instead of 11. This meant her team didn't receive as many points as they should have. CP's team would have won the competition had they been scored as an 11-person team.

It made me question the legitimacy of the competition. The number of athletes on CP's team was listed correctly on the schedule. I can see how larger teams might possibly be miscounted... But when there were 3 stunt groups of 3 and two people tumbling on the floor, where did they think the 12th athlete was hiding?

In your case, I would find it odd that the gym didn't notice they were in the wrong division. They certainly had to know they had 21 athletes on the team.

I am sorry that happened to you. It is always difficult when you lose a competition because the judges made a mistake.

That is what many of us said. I just hated to believe that the gym was doing anything wrong intentionally. It was, in fact a YMCA team! But, I still don't understand how it happened. During another competition, a team registered as 16 athletes so they would be placed in the 16 and under group in order to avoid a team in the 17-20 athletes group. However, they put 18 athletes on the mat. It was also a team that had competed all season as a J3 and had earned a Summit bid as a J3. They decided to try for an additional Summit bid as a J2. Turned their level 3 routine into a 2 and earned a second bid.

Lol. I see what you did there.

Haha! Not quite so obvious. I believe it was two connected punch fronts as I recall. Not sure if that's legal now but at the time it wasn't.

Back