All-Star Do You Think Its Fair?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Its sad but where im from most rec. teams actually recruit lol. They have to be the right age but here they change birth certificates and all sorts of things just to have certain girls on a team.

Rec teams definately change birth certificates, report cards, and use fake addresses where I live lol

Its sad but where im from most rec. teams actually recruit lol. They have to be the right age but here they change birth certificates and all sorts of things just to have certain girls on a team.
Its no different then all star teams that use a flood of crossovers From their level 4-5s to compete on their level 2-3s. Its just wrong.if you need a trophy that bad, go out and buy one... LOL

In IL if your town/ team is part of the Illinois Recreational Cheer Association, they may not compete on All Star when they are part of a Rec cheer team.

If rec teams compete what is the difference between rec and all star cheer? sorry in advance for the dumb question

If rec teams compete what is the difference between rec and all star cheer? sorry in advance for the dumb question
I believe rec teams cheer for another rec league team like football primarily, and some also compete at rec league cheer comps. Sort of like high school teams cheer for another team like football and some also compete. If that makes sense?

I believe rec teams cheer for another rec league team like football primarily, and some also compete at rec league cheer comps. Sort of like high school teams cheer for another team like football and some also compete. If that makes sense?
yeah it does. that seems so strange to me though that they recruit and stuff... its recreational

Rec teams are also set by age and not by ability which is why there can be huge differences in a teams competitiveness at a comp. Also, at least around here, rec teams only compete once a season and only advance to the next competition if they qualify by winning or scoring high enough for the next level. For a lot of teams it is one comp and done for season. while a few continue moving on to a 'championship' level of competition where one team per level/age group will be crowned.

The town we live in is small and there are rec teams that cheer for the youth football but they dont compete at all. Instead the coaches for the competition rec squad recruit from the non competitive squads and have tryouts and cuts to put together their competition squad which is a completely different name, some girls who were not even on the teams who cheered for football (too old), and the new team doesnt cheer for any team. They go to different rec competitions, in different states even, several months out of the year. The closest allstar gym is about an hour away and that is the main reason most of the girls here do rec I guess. Either that or the parents dont realize that what they are doing is so unfair to the true rec squads. I have always made it a habit of knowing the "rules" of any sport or activity my daughters were in so I drive my daughter to the gym for allstar and didnt even let her try out for the rec squad this year. The comp rec squad here last year won a bunch of competitions so of course the kids and parents are all thrilled and want to keep it going and all the local businesses and things sponsor them and take up money to pay the allstar coach for her time and for choero and competitions so I can see why on first look you wouldnt want to pay for allstar and drive there but right is right and wrong is wrong. And what they are doing is wrong because they are not a recreational squad at all, they are strictly a competition squad. There is nothing different about them and an allstar squad, except they wouldnt win against allstar squads like they do against the rec squads.

Rec coaches are usua llyvolunteers not paid, not as much training required, practice facilites are sometimes outside, practice times may be alot shorter than allstar, season is much shorter, the list goes on. IL has a huge Rec presence and have their own governing body to make sure the rules are followed that they came up with. Rec programs usually support football teams & get to compete 2-5 times in a short season, thats it. Most are happy with that.

It seems like where we live (MD, PA) most of the rec teams are becoming more and more like All Star. They are either taking tumbling classes and then cheering rec or competing both rec and allstar. Most squads have the tumbling now and more and more are doing their routines like the All Stars do. Not stopping the music, faster routines, etc. My niece competed rec up until last year. In prior years they got their butts kicked every time due to lack of tumbling since there was no levels but last year they started dividing rec into levels just like all star and they were able to compete level 2 rec and do well. I thought that was changed everywhere? Anyway it was done by levels last year in PA and MD where she competed.

pretty sure our area (NY) still goes by pop-warner rules so I think there are only novice, intermediate and advanced levels.

Back