All-Star Etiquette At Cheer Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

People who use the family/special needs bathrooms because they don't want to wait in line in the regular bathrooms. While I understand that waiting can be a pain, please realize that at many competitions there are people helping special needs athletes get dressed and ready.

Cheerleaders crowding the elevator at a comp while people who need it (folks in casts/wheelchairs/elderly/people with other special needs) have to wait.

Cheersport last year, a bunch of cheerleaders were using the elevators to transport their nachos and holding up the elevators for people in wheelchairs. It took all my manners to not trip them.

People who use the family/special needs bathrooms because they don't want to wait in line in the regular bathrooms. While I understand that waiting can be a pain, please realize that at many competitions there are people helping special needs athletes get dressed and ready.
To be fair, it is very hard to change in a normal size stall, but when I did use a handicapped stall I tried to be quick. And obviously if there was someone who actually needed it I didnt use it.

See also: pushing past people or mowing them down to see Suzy Cheerlebrity and Super Awesome Athletics in the front row area while Suzy's parents/family members are forced to watch like 4 rows back.

I have always found that to be rude.

My cheerleaders had better never let me see them push another person to see any team.

When I go "up" with parents (my friends) of Suzy Cheerlebrity I always look around and ask if there is a parent behind me and move, if there is.
I will also kick a kid out of the way in a heartbeat if they're in front of a parent of an athlete on the floor.

When I go "up" with parents (my friends) of Suzy Cheerlebrity I always look around and ask if there is a parent behind me and move, if there is.
I will also kick a kid out of the way in a heartbeat if they're in front of a parent of an athlete on the floor.
I don't even go up to "priority" viewing anymore because I'm short and there are always tall people and even other cheerleaders in front of me. I find a good spot near the back and curse under my breath at the a$$hats that won't stay seated during performances! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even go up to "priority" viewing anymore because I'm short and there are always tall people and even other cheerleaders in front of me. I find a good spot near the back and curse under my breath at the a$$hats that won't stay seated during performances! Lol

That's why I love when @Fiercecheermom and I Sharknado at comps. She's, like 6'4" (ok, not really, but still tall) and wears heels, so she doesn't care if short me is in front.

At our comp last week-end, a large crowd for the team performing after ours wouldn't move so that our viewers could watch our team perform. So one of our coaches handed them a bunch of our little flags and said basically if you're not going to move then at least wave these around....LOL...same big gym that has done similar in the past. Some things never change.
We need to get some flags or streamers or something after yesterday, great idea! We get up and go to the "VIP" viewing area for each of our gym's teams. I always make sure that the parents of the kids on the team are in front of me and I expect the same courtesy when my CP is performing. Yesterday there was a bunch of girls who were there to watch another team from their gym 2 teams after us and they just stayed in the front of the VIP viewing area and wouldn't move. A mother whose CP was on the team performing asked the girls to move at least 4 times and she even tapped one of the girls on the shoulder and she just ignored her and they didn't move. I didn't see this, because if I did I would have got in front of the girls and ushered the mothers from our team in front of them. Where are the coaches and/or parents of these kids? This type of behavior is just rude and disrespectful.

HUGE problem here in Ireland at the moment with people walking round mid performance, blocking judges view, distracting judges/athletes. They've resorted to docking points from programs who repeat offend during comps (I don't even know if theyre really allowed do that but it's Ireland so the whole event is one big yolo wtf anyway )

I really wish there was a kind way to ask people to move for your gym. I don't ever ask people to move because I don't want to come off rude. Like I wish I could tap the person in front of me and nicely ask if I can watch my coach/best friend/boyfriend. But sadly the 12 year olds that just want to watch black ops, smoed etc don't care. And the worst is when they don't even clap or cheer for the team, meanwhile I'm in the back with my short little self screaming and jumping.

*Getting up to leave the awards area when awards aren't even done.

Ex: You are awarded 5th place and you/your team start packing up while 4th through first are still being announced.

*Pouting through awards and acting obviously pouty the whole time to the point that it is distracting folks from the other announcements. Unless you're 5, that isn't acceptable. I've seen high school kids be practically inconsolable with 3rd place trophies while awards are still going on.

*Winners celebrating a tad too early, to the point that no one can hear who the second place team is.

*Any obvious saltiness from teams. Like, when an entire team refuses to clap/rolls eyes/etc.

I seriously wonder how parents of kids on more popular/well-known teams ever actually SEE their kids perform.
We don't :( Until someone posts video. It was so bad last year our whole team of parents didn't even bother to leave the nosebleeds of the bleachers at most comps because that was our best chance at a view. So please remember...if the 12 year old is blocking your view of your friends and boyfriend...you're likely all blocking the view of the parent who pays! Seriously it was ridiculous last season.

We don't :( Until someone posts video. It was so bad last year our whole team of parents didn't even bother to leave the nosebleeds of the bleachers at most comps because that was our best chance at a view. So please remember...if the 12 year old is blocking your view of your friends and boyfriend...you're likely all blocking the view of the parent who pays! Seriously it was ridiculous last season.
The year CP17 was on coed elite that was my biggest competition stressor. For the most part it turned out okay, we were in a mosh pit of random people in priority but I managed to be there to see him as well so it was okay. But I was not above asking 14 year old fangirls to move out of the way if they were blocking me unless they wanted to drive the carpool and pay the bill.

But, I said it with a smile.

Generally speaking, when they figured out I was a parent (because I can't think of many other 40 year old priority seating occupants that wouldn't fall in that category) they were pretty compliant pretty quickly.

Back