All-Star Fairest Scoring Percentage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
What do you think is the fairest scoring percentage and why.... 20/80, 30/70, 40/60, 50/50, etc.
I know we had a topic on this a while back, but just trying to get some feedback here.
I personally feel that either 40/60 or 50/50 is the best. 2 day nationals should be about putting forth 2 great performances and having the team that does this be the winner.

I like 50/50 the best. There is no difference between day 1 and day 2 that would make day 1 count less. As a coach or an athlete you shouldn't be able to say "Well, it doesn't matter too much how well we do today since it only counts 25 percent of our final score." Go out there and do 2 great performances and have them be counted just the same.

40/60 is my preference. I'm not a fan of 50/50.

I hate 50/50. When its an even split it almost always turns out the same exact results for final awards as day 1. Unless a team completely bombs there really isnt a chance to move up.

I think we should push for 45/55. Rewards you for consistency but gives you a little wiggle room on day 1 and a little boost on day 2. You WANT teams to be able to hit consistently 2 days in a row- if it becomes 'All that matters is Day 2,' how does it really differentiate from a 1 day comp? Day 1 just becomes a 'throwaway' day..or are we going to start making you 'earn' your day 2 spot by cutting teams?

I think we should push for 45/55. Rewards you for consistency but gives you a little wiggle room on day 1 and a little boost on day 2. You WANT teams to be able to hit consistently 2 days in a row- if it becomes 'All that matters is Day 2,' how does it really differentiate from a 1 day comp? Day 1 just becomes a 'throwaway' day..or are we going to start making you 'earn' your day 2 spot by cutting teams?
Yes!!!!

OMG! this is exactly my point!! what are these comp. companies telling us when they make day 1 count for practically nothing? i think we should tell our fans not to bother coming the first day since it doesnt really matter. lets see what happens when they are loosing out on all those paying customers!

I hate 50/50. When its an even split it almost always turns out the same exact results for final awards as day 1. Unless a team completely bombs there really isnt a chance to move up.

In my opinion 50/50 is the absolute fairest way to go. I just feel that Varsity didnt even consider coaches or gym owners opinions when making the decision to go 25/75. Thats like having a touchdown be worth 3 points in the first half of the game and 9 points in the second half. Makes NO sense to me. Who makes these rules. UGHHH...

In my opinion 50/50 is the absolute fairest way to go. I just feel that Varsity didnt even consider coaches or gym owners opinions when making the decision to go 25/75. Thats like having a touchdown be worth 3 points in the first half of the game and 9 points in the second half. Makes NO sense to me. Who makes these rules. UGHHH...
IMO it's really a throwback to when you weren't guaranteed a day 2 routine. (like worlds is). They just realized that a large # of gyms didnt want to make their parents pay for a two day without getting two days. I think it's archaic and Just doesn't make much sense.

Back