All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can say why I haven't closed it.

Don't fake who you are on social media. I have actually known who ZTA was for 2 years (as I know 90% of the accounts who try to be anonymous on here). If she ever decides to come back I will probably know it then too, but I won't out her. But actions have consequences. If you pretend to be someone it will catch up with you, possibly forever.

As for deleting threads I don't unless they violate the rules. Otherwise I close.

Don't fake who you are on social media. I have actually known who ZTA was for 2 years (as I know 90% of the accounts who try to be anonymous on here). If she ever decides to come back I will probably know it then too, but I won't out her. But actions have consequences. If you pretend to be someone it will catch up with you, possibly forever.

As for deleting threads I don't unless they violate the rules. Otherwise I close.
Whoop there it is!

I understand that - there should be consequences and "outing" if someone is fake. But 40 pages of name calling doesn't seem like we've gone past reporting a fake? She's not even posting so it's not really a consequence for her. It just seems to be a little out of hand and I've seen other posts deleted for way less. I'm not saying get rid of the thread - because I think the original purpose of it is important. But I don't think at this point anyone is getting any useful info about fake posters anymore. Can't we at least delete some pages?

I understand that - there should be consequences and "outing" if someone is fake. But 40 pages of name calling doesn't seem like we've gone past reporting a fake? She's not even posting so it's not really a consequence for her. It just seems to be a little out of hand and I've seen other posts deleted for way less. I'm not saying get rid of the thread - because I think the original purpose of it is important. But I don't think at this point anyone is getting any useful info about fake posters anymore. Can't we at least delete some pages?

I personally won't delete this, but I can close it. Being as this is a social networking site, faking your social networking self seems like that is one of the worst things you can do, right?

4c6fa8f1-d09d-cc00.jpg

I personally won't delete this, but I can close it. Being as this is a social networking site, faking your social networking self seems like that is one of the worst things you can do, right?

One of the worst things? Absolutely. I'd rank it right up there with bullying, name calling, and facebooking and tweeting about someone that you don't know. But it's your site so I'll respect that it's your decision.

*On a side note, isn't it odd that we can't seem to get rid of the stereotypes about cheerleaders being catty and mean? @_@

One of the worst things? Absolutely. I'd rank it right up there with bullying, name calling, and facebooking and tweeting about someone that you don't know. But it's your site so I'll respect that it's your decision.

*On a side note, isn't it odd that we can't seem to get rid of the stereotypes about cheerleaders being catty and mean? @_@

As I am a member of about 7 different forums over many different subjects the only unique thing about this one is were about cheerleading and we shimmy instead of like. Honestly it is pretty much the same everywhere.

In the summer though 'idle hands are the devils play thing'.

Why. Is. This. Thread. Still. Open.

Admin kingston or anyone else... Why has this been allowed to go on for 40+ pages and 3-4 days? I've seen significantly less offensive and rude posts get threads closed - and deleted. I'm confused as to why this one isn't locked. (yes I'm also confused as to why I'm still reading it, but I'm blaming my lack of a job for why I can. not. stop. reading it)

ETA I've also seen threads with pages and pages of nonsense deleted. (including my own nonsense) Another idea, so the USEFUL information can still be available. Just sayin'
I hit the "down thread button" 10 pages ago...

As I am a member of about 7 different forums over many different subjects the only unique thing about this one is were about cheerleading and we shimmy instead of like. Honestly it is pretty much the same everywhere.

In the summer though 'idle hands are the devils play thing'.

Mostly agreed. Except I am also a member of about 7 or 8 other forums, and while yes, people are catty, I rarely see mods allow it to go on for 40+ pages. So to an outsider looking in it gives the appearance of being more catty because it is allowed. JMO

Back