All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've also discovered you have to be friends with the REAL person to be able to report them properly. Unfortunately I am not friends with Erica, so I can't really help there :(

Also, REMEMBER - this isn't only happening with CEA girls. Keep your eyes out for many other kids as well.

I hope the people who pose as "cheerlebrities" see this thread and realize how pathetic it is.
I think the people who pose as fake maddies are the worst because everyone in the cheer world knows who the real maddie is. all they have to do is go to her moms facebook.
Like someone else said earlier, if the people who pose as these girls put as much time and effort that they do posing into working their skills, they'd probably be high profile like some of these girls.
I hope these parents press charges and everyone continues to report the posers!

there's something wrong if you make all these fake accounts and cheer at the same time. i remembered that when i cheered there is no time for pretty much anything. then theres these people wasting their lives, making fake accounts. maybe these people should have more practices... or make some friends... or their teachers should assign more work for them to do, instead sit around on facebook making "erica englebert" or "maddie gardner" accounts (trust me, i know there's more athletes with fake pages)

This entire thread makes me feel so bad for those girls. I guess I never knew the fake thing was that out of control. I have always been weirded out by the "fan" pages for these athletes that are out of control but never knew how many actually made profiles pretending to be these girls. Somethings these athletes also need to remember is DO NOT ADD EVERYONE WHO SENDS A REQUEST. Like I posted earlier, Facebook should be for personal friends and family only. If an athlete wants to stay in touch with "fans" then they should make their own "fan page" that does not include access to their private lives off the mat. Just look at Whitney Love, she is a sweetheart and loves all of the people who look up to her, but it is sad that she has 2 facebooks because she has too many friends on the other. She shouldn't have to have 2 facebooks because everyone and their mom wants to be her facebook friend. I can barely manage my 1 facebook I couldn't even imagine having to deal with 2.

Just found a bunch of fake Juliet McCreary's. It actually sends a facebook message to the real person you enter as being impersonated to let them know their fakers are being reported! Juliet responded to me saying how uncool it was. KEEP REPORTING PEOPLE :)

just wanted to point out when reporting a facebook for example the fake maddies i had to choose pretending to be someone i know (after this profile is pretending to be someone or is fake) vs. pretending to be a celebrity because choosing the celebrity one only brings up the fan pages of her if you click the someone i know one you can report it correctly because if you're friends with her her actual facebook will show up.

its really just sad. not only because these poor girls who just want to be like everyone else is having their life stalked and pictures taken from them and people trying to be them! but because other people believe them, im not gonna lie i fell for one of the fake erica's. imagine if you had someone take all of your pictures and pretend to be you and write as you. what if they were really rude and mean and you obviously werent but now everyone thinks youu are because this person is pretending to be you! i feel bad for these girls that are doing it because there self esteem must be so low that they have to pretend to be someone they are not :(
heres the most believe fake erica to me:banghead:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002183253981

I'm really glad this post didn't just get ignored. If many of us feel so strongly about how wrong this is, imagine how the people themselves and their family feels about it! Thanks to everyone who has taken this seriously and has reported some fakes. I really hope facebook takes this legit!!

@hannahx0xbananaa - probably just to help prevent spam. keep going at it tomorrow ;)

I wonder if you can charge facebook with negligence if they don't remove posers after they've been reported. I think that facebook legally owns your images if you post them up there (I'm sure I read this in one of the gazillion privacy status posts about their upgrades at some point), but whether their ownership extends to other people then using those images to create poser pages ... hmm. Regardless, Susie's mom should be able to press charges and bring a personal libel suit, if fake Susie's page proves detrimental and damaging to real Susie's reputation. Most posers are kids and the threat of legal action would get the majority of them shut down pretty quick.

its weird how its mostly cea girls. like i noticed theres not fake kelsey rules or whitney loves. and whitney has 2 facebooks because she had the maximum amount of friends on her original account so dont report the other one!

Make absolute sure that you are only reporting fakes, it would be a real pain in the you know what to get your account deleted if you were actually that person!

Since I have some mutual friends the real Erica and Maddie, so I know its really them, it seems that they both have public profiles right now. If this is really becoming such a problem, they should make their profiles private. Not just to prevent fakers, but for safety in general. Lots of creepy people out there, beside the fakers.

Back