All-Star Fierce Photos!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

3e5e6asy.jpg

I hope the photos show - cps stunt group at competition last weekend.
What kind of toss is this?

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I guess I've seen all these fake nails on girls and gels and stuff that I was so focused on that being dangerous for those reasons. I'm shocked at how many gyms allow their athletes to wear gels and acrylics too. If they get ripped off that's gonna hurt as well as the reason you stated above for nail polish.
I've seen a girl a couple of times this year (not from our gym) with serious duck nails. I would not want her catching my kid!

I've seen a girl a couple of times this year (not from our gym) with serious duck nails. I would not want her catching my kid!
Our gym's rule is no nail polish and no fake nails for any comps. My kiddo found out the hard way this year when one of her bases still had on her acrylics the practice after homecoming and they left a huge (and pretty deep for nails) scratch on my CP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I guess I've seen all these fake nails on girls and gels and stuff that I was so focused on that being dangerous for those reasons. I'm shocked at how many gyms allow their athletes to wear gels and acrylics too. If they get ripped off that's gonna hurt as well as the reason you stated above for nail polish.

One coach I know almost lost an eye last year spotting a girl who accidentally gouged him with her nail. We have a short nail policy in our gym, though I don't think it's strictly enforced. I carry nail clippers in my bag and keep my nails super short and I still sliced my own finger open last practice catching a basket. Not sure how I did that with such short nails, but I guess we all have our special talents somewhere!!

One coach I know almost lost an eye last year spotting a girl who accidentally gouged him with her nail. We have a short nail policy in our gym, though I don't think it's strictly enforced. I carry nail clippers in my bag and keep my nails super short and I still sliced my own finger open last practice catching a basket. Not sure how I did that with such short nails, but I guess we all have our special talents somewhere!!
Freshly cut nails are often very sharp. I wouldn't clip just before practice. CP most often scratches herself right after I clip hers.

Freshly cut nails are often very sharp. I wouldn't clip just before practice. CP most often scratches herself right after I clip hers.

I don't usually. This scratch was from nails cut about 1/2 week before!! I still don't know how I did it. After that, I cut them down to a couple of mm's only.

Ten push-ups for the whole team for every nail that is too long. Just one person who refuses to cut nails is 100 push-ups. Then I send kids out to cut nails during practice then get them to scratch them against the brick wall to "file" them. They learn pretty quick that if they want their nails looking nice, take care of them at home.

Nails are little beds of bacteria :eek:

Ten push-ups for the whole team for every nail that is too long. Just one person who refuses to cut nails is 100 push-ups. Then I send kids out to cut nails during practice then get them to scratch them against the brick wall to "file" them. They learn pretty quick that if they want their nails looking nice, take care of them at home.

shimmy, shimmy, shimmy, shimmy

Yeah nails are awful on a back spot I have countless wrist scars from cheer.

Back