All-Star From Les Stella (the Rulesguy) About Cea Live Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Interesting, would you mind pointing out to me where this is located. According to the teal folks there is one easily correctable element. From others, there seems to be more. I'm a little curious as to the official-ness of the legalities.
I know ahead of time it was said (this is all in regards to SE's performance..I don't know of any others in any other routine. That doesn't mean there aren't any..) that one of the pyramid flip-over catches didn't have enough spotters (only 2? instead of the required 3). The part where they vault over in a sort-of split by stepping on the stomach, people were concerned about the duration of contact...and that the part where they back tuck into a load-in (before stunt 2, I believe) were all illegal/questionable. If that was the information you were looking for?

The pyramid stuff was due to the excessive amount of people/some people were missing so others were in different spots. That was just part of this weekends show and was easily changed. The one BIG one requiring fixing was the back tuck..they were trying to find ways to make it legal and not cause injuries. Hope that helped?

I think people mentioned that Coed Elite also had issues in their routine. the SE pyramid issue seems like an easy fix, but as King said earlier in the thread when the flyers push off and and get air while flipping is becomes illegal (if I understood is correctly) so the flyers can't push but only flip.

My concern is that these Rules are put in place by the USASF Rules committee as a safety guard for all of the athletes in the sport. I find it interesting that a coach would knowingly put several illegal elements in a routine just so their vision can be met.

I wouldn't agree that she knows what she's doing if those things remained illegal at the showcase...
kinda shows that she doesn't. not saying that she doesn't, I believe Courtney does, but it's not a good showing on her knowledge of the sport/rules.
@imrichhowboutu it's simple, and I have no issue calling anyone out for it, it's to show off. Courtney, the parents and athletes of CEA want to go out there and look absolutely amazing, look like they've ONCE AGAIN come up with something so original, when in fact they haven't. what they've come up with is illegal and can't be used. whether it's fixable or not, it was thrown for purposes of entertainment this past weekend, and it worked.

I wouldn't agree that she knows what she's doing if those things remained illegal at the showcase...
kinda shows that she doesn't. not saying that she doesn't, I believe Courtney does, but it's not a good showing on her knowledge of the sport/rules.
@imrichhowboutu it's simple, and I have no issue calling anyone out for it, it's to show off. Courtney, the parents and athletes of CEA want to go out there and look absolutely amazing, look like they've ONCE AGAIN come up with something so original, when in fact they haven't. what they've come up with is illegal and can't be used. whether it's fixable or not, it was thrown for purposes of entertainment this past weekend, and it worked.
She is on the rules committee. I won't accept "Oh she wasn't aware" as a valid argument
Rules Committee

I still am not seeing how this can be made legal. I know that it was said to "change the way 'tumbling' is performed" but I must be slow because I am still not seeing how it will make it legal.

I still am not seeing how this can be made legal. I know that it was said to "change the way 'tumbling' is performed" but I must be slow because I am still not seeing how it will make it legal.
I may not be thinking super clearly on this topic since I'm at work, but you would need to brace before the tumbling starts for it to be a stunt the whole time.

Clarification for people who keep saying shooting stars did it last year: THE RULES HAVE CHANGED. Secondly, they braced in the roundoff.

i think it can be fixed into being legal, especially because i remember some of the girls tumbled into their stunts in 2010.
the second stunts, i mean.

nevermind, i think i'm wrong..:oops:

I may not be thinking super clearly on this topic since I'm at work, but you would need to brace before the tumbling starts for it to be a stunt the whole time.

Clarification for people who keep saying shooting stars did it last year: THE RULES HAVE CHANGED. Secondly, they braced in the roundoff.

That was my thing about people saying it can be made legal because Stars did it, the rules changed so just because they did sometimes similar doesn't mean that it is legal this year. I guess I will have to wait until this weekend to see if the change it all together or find a way to make it work.

Or if its just not changed. They wont be competing against anyone for a while.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I think you are proving Rich's point. Why gamble with the health and safety of these kids. The rules are in place for a reason. She is part of the Committee that is in charge of enforcing and adapting them, and as a USASF Gym they should be practicing and enforcing them everyday. Not just for the comps but every practice as well, including showcases. The parents and athletes in most cases do not know or aware that what they are working on is illegal and it is up to the USASF certified Coaching Staff and Gym Owners to see to it that there members are not put in harms way for the sake of entertainment. These are young kids.

I think you are proving Rich's point. Why gamble with the health and safety of these kids. The rules are in place for a reason. She is part of the Committee that is in charge of enforcing and adapting them, and as a USASF Gym they should be practicing and enforcing them everyday. Not just for the comps but every practice as well, including showcases. The parents and athletes in most cases do not know or aware that what they are working on is illegal and it is up to the USASF certified Coaching Staff and Gym Owners to see to it that there members are not put in harms way for the sake of entertainment. These are young kids.
Courtney has stated that they are working on a legal version of the stunt but she regarded this version to be safer for the girls in this instance. She's a highly respected member of the cheerleading community. She isn't going to lie.

She is on the rules committee. I won't accept "Oh she wasn't aware" as a valid argument
Rules Committee

This isn't the most recent list.

That was my thing about people saying it can be made legal because Stars did it, the rules changed so just because they did sometimes similar doesn't mean that it is legal this year. I guess I will have to wait until this weekend to see if the change it all together or find a way to make it work.

Not sure how much they will really have to change for the weekend -- they have no one in their division on Saturday, and they are listed as an exhibition team for Sunday. So, I guess in theory, they COULD keep the routine exactly as it was at showcase without any repercussions -- illegalities, extra athletes and all.

Courtney has stated that they are working on a legal version of the stunt but she regarded this version to be safer for the girls in this instance. She's a highly respected member of the cheerleading community. She isn't going to lie.

It was illegal and is deemed unsafe therefore should not have been allowed to be befored that way 3 different times. She may think that it is the safe way, but every other member of the committee thinks otherwise so it should not have been done.

Back