All-Star Front Passes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

what about flysprings? i don't know if they're legal at any level. it's more of a gymnastics thing, but they do look cool. i think it'd be great to see a team put one into a routine.

Level 2. My understanding is that anything that you can do backwards, you can do forwards at the same level. FHS/BHS level 2, FP/running tucks level 3, and so forth.

I've done a punch-front immediate flyspring...Aside from killing your back, they're really cool looking, but I'd think they're level 5 because you can't really stepout of it can you?...
i don't see why you couldn't step out of them. i've never tried one. haha i think that you could though.

My CP's youth 3 pass last season was punch front, forward roll, hurdle r/o, bhs, then she rebounded back to the center to a r/o, bhs, tuck. It was the last pass and was very dramatic!!

Anytime I'm on my phone on here my daughter is nosey. So as we read sometimes I'll show her videos and anyways she just told me she doesn't want her full until she gets this.....

.... Lol she has watched this video like 100 times but yes this combination of front tumbling is sick!

i don't see why you couldn't step out of them. i've never tried one. haha i think that you could though.
You can step out of those. One of our tumbling coaches does it all the time when he's playing around. It's a pretty skill. He was a gymnast for half his life though, I haven't really seen cheer folks do it much.

at my gym we call the flyspring a "punched front handspring"...if I am correct in reasoning that it is the same skill...we used them in our level 3 and 4 routines (punch front handspring stepout through to tuck or layout) not sure if we used them in level 2...will have to look. I gathered some videos from tumbling to show how we use it...

[/quote]
I've done a punch-front immediate flyspring...Aside from killing your back, they're really cool looking, but I'd think they're level 5 because you can't really stepout of it can you?...
What makes it the flyspring mostly is the two foot entry, they are not regulated to level 5 only as to me a flyspring is equal to a backhandspring. =)

Fly spring, front hand step out ro, bhs stepout onto bad leg- half turn front handspring stepout ro, bhs stepout, back extension roll....level 2 =)

Back