All-Star Furthest Weekly Commute

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

She was on Senior Elite for 2 years. In 2011 she flew back and forth and 2012 she stayed with a host family.

She stayed with a host family in 2011 as well. I remember it well.

If you live in Florida and fly out to Cali/Texas to cheer there...why not just Top Gun?
I understand why for some people, but if you're just flying out there to be on a Worlds contender...isn't that what Top Gun is...

If you live in Florida and fly out to Cali/Texas to cheer there...why not just Top Gun?
I understand why for some people, but if you're just flying out there to be on a Worlds contender...isn't that what Top Gun is...
Very different routine styles,coaching, etc.......... Maybe it wasn't a fit for them?

We can't judge other people's decisions. Just because it's not one you would make doesn't mean it wasn't the right one for them. Personally, I would NEVER have flown to cheer. My mom would have laughed in my face. She complained about my 30 minute drive. But if someone has the income and the willpower to do it, more power to them.

As a mom, I could not imagine having my child fly to practice or live with a host family..I would miss her too much :(

One of the kids I heard of had thier tickets booked out for a year. That way it was relatively inexpensive to fly in and out weekly.

If you're a level 5 and you want to cheer for a certain gym you don't let distance get in your way. Isn't that part or what cheerleading teaches our cp's - work hard for what you want and don't let anything get in your way of achieving it?

I wish my parents had this attitude.

If this is what they have to do to achieve their dreams and they can make it happen, why not? Obviously it's not for everyone (money, time, etc.), but props to them for going after what they want.

Florida to NC? Really? My dad gets mad when i ask to tryout for a team thats an hour and a half away. :mad:

I wouldn't let my child fly but I most definitely would move for her to cheer!

When I moved I could only choose from San Antonio or Orlando (because we moved away from Jaylen's dad I needed an excuse or the courts were going to laugh in my face but now i'am out of TN i can go anywhere... Lol) and but yes we did move here because cheer is better then in TN.

But if my daughter continues and this is something she loves and wants to do then I would definitely consider a move to Dallas for CA or Maryland for F5 because if she one day has the skills and she wants a worlds ring and if CA and Twisters or who ever else are still hot and if her gym can't provide her a worlds win and if that's what she wanted it would not be out of the question!

Back