All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mamabear

Cheer Parent
Jul 10, 2012
nzeg02.jpg

I really hope this "cheerlebrities" creating gyms thing doesn't become a trend...

There's no doubt Gabi is incredibly talented but she's what, 17?

Eta: I do hope this works out for her and if any "cheerleb" could successfully do this, it would be her. There's just so much more to running a business than a well known name but hopefully she has a good group of people helping her.

Last edited:
I didn't see a name mentioned @icame2WERQ .

I am really excited to see this happen. She has been actively hosting clinics for a while and has some excellent connections. I really am curious to see who her staff will be.

She only mentions 1 team so is she really opening a whole new gym or just creating a team for her to cheer on?

**of course we really won, the judges must have switched scoresheets. #conspiracytheory**

From the sounds of it, it sounded like she is created a team for this year while establishing the gym for future teams in the future.

I am so angry. When AR announced her gym opening I sort of brushed it off but this has me heated. Here I am, a sport management/business student busting my booty because I want to run a successful business (cheerleading gym) one day. I am spending so much time on classes and I am going to start coaching soon to get experience. Not only that, I will have to have a "real person" job for years before I make enough money to invest into a gym. And this 17 year old girl just opens it as she pleases? Not to mention people will go there because of the name. I just feel as if it undermines people who built their gyms up from the bottom. So many programs started small and took many years to become successful. Sorry just felt the need to rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so angry. When AR announced her gym opening I sort of brushed it off but this has me heated. Here I am, a sport management/business student busting my booty because I want to run a successful business (cheerleading gym) one day. I am spending so much time on classes and I am going to start coaching soon to get experience. Not only that, I will have to have a "real person" job for years before I make enough money to invest into a gym. And this 17 year old girl just opens it as she pleases? Not to mention people will go there because of the name. I just feel as if it undermines people who built their gyms up from the bottom. So many programs started small and took many years to become successful. Sorry just felt the need to rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(((HUGS))) Keep doing what you're doing, the great thing is you'll not only have the business smarts backing, but also the cheerleading experience. I don't wish any ill will towards Gabi, or even Angel, and while I agree with you that people will flock based off their names, it doesn't guarantee that they will stay long term. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I wish them both the best, but the realities of owning a gym are a lot bigger than just having a popular name.

i dont doubt angel or gabi's skill or knowledge of the sport because they've been apart of it for so long. but what kid or parent is going to listen to a 16/17 year old... probably not many. unless she's teaching a bunch of extremely young youth/ mini kids. and by the looks of it she's teaching an international level 5 team, which im guessing means a bunch of 16 and up aged kids. logistically i cant see how you can be a coach and member all in one.
i mean no offense, but if i was still between the ages of 17 and early 20's i wouldnt be able to take someone her age very seriously as a coach, it is what it is.

I have no comment on her starting her own programme from scratch, but I will say this... it's South Florida!! A region where it's already saturated with so many well-established allstar cheerleading programmes, let alone in the state of Florida. She will have very stiff competition both on the cheer mat and from a business perspective, no doubt.

Will she be fielding an IOLC 5 or IOSC 5 team?

Back