All-Star Getting Caught...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But what if only the teams that got caught were stripped of their bid? What if they have another team with a bid?

Does anyone trust a gym to bring honest teams to any event once they are found cheating with other teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A gym that was caught cheating does have a team we are going up against at summit. :( edited to add on a full paid bid too

Teams caught cheating should be required to show proof of age, lose all opportunity to attend an end of year event, & put on probation for 1-2 years. I also think EP's should be accountable for notifying usasf. If they discover a team has cheated and fail to report it there should be ramifications for them too.

A gym that was caught cheating does have a team we are going up against at summit. :( edited to add on a full paid bid too

Which junior division are you? Because we do too (J2). :banghead:

But what if only the teams that got caught were stripped of their bid? What if they have another team with a bid?

Does anyone trust a gym to bring honest teams to any event once they are found cheating with other teams?

No, I don't. But yet I see some getting bids to the Summit. I guess we won't know they're coming until I see the schedule but I'm sure they are.

We'll see ya at the Summit then. :)

It's going to be an interesting division!
Fyi I'm thinking the gym who had a team that cheated also had a summit winner last year. Yes I think small J2 will be a very exciting division to watch :)

We have a team in the small j2 division also on a full paid!! That division will be hard!!!

Fyi I'm thinking the gym who had a team that cheated also had a summit winner last year. Yes I think small J2 will be a very exciting division to watch :)
By any chance did they win in the j2 division last year? Because I might know who you're talking about

When was that team caught and what was the issue?

**Of course it's true, I saw it on The Fierce Boards**

I believe that if 1 team, 2 teams, pick any number of teams at a gym have been PROVEN to have cheated, the entire program should be punished. I personally believe all results from the ENTIRE season should be vacated and all bids to year end events should be surrendered. Going forward, all athletes should have to show proof of identity at all competitions for at least a full season. I also believe it should be made public that this gym was found guilty of cheating. If they are caught cheating at the year end event, that placement should be vacated, and if they were on a paid bid, they have to return all funds. (This last thing is a worlds rule, but I'd like to see it carry over to Summit/US Finals) Unless there is actual consequence, there's nothing stopping shady gyms from doing it. It needs to be more than a slap on the wrist.
YES.

There was a lv.4 team at UCA that got disqualified for having a underage athlete on a senior team I believe. They were from another country.

When was that team caught and what was the issue?

**Of course it's true, I saw it on The Fierce Boards**
Its was here on FB right before Cheersport. At a comp in their state I believe age ineligible athletes on a youth team (maybe). Titles removed and not allowed to go to the next comp in their state, ids required etc but the gym competed at Cheersport I believe the team we go against was not the team that was caught cheating but was same gym. Also they scored I think someone said the fifth highest score at Cheersport out of ALL the teams and won a paid summit bid. Pretty good for a small J2 team. I just hope the playing field is even at Summit :)

No, I don't. But yet I see some getting bids to the Summit. I guess we won't know they're coming until I see the schedule but I'm sure they are.
I would be curious to know if the kids who earned the bid are the same ones who take the mat at Summit. If a gym is willing to cheat then I wouldn't put it past them to replace the bid winning team to win Summit. THIS is why Summit needs to come up with some sort of rules about roster changes for Summit teams. They made a start this year, but it's not enough. If they don't continue to close the loopholes they will sully the prestige of Summit and people will not want to attend anymore.

Back