All-Star Getting Caught...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

From the Varsity site:
Our team was awarded a paid bid for our Small Junior Level 2 team with 19 people, may we add additional athletes prior to The Summit?
Yes you may add more athletes as long as you stay within the cheer division rules stated by the USASF. However, you will only receive the paid bid value for the 19 athletes who qualified upon receiving your bid.

So it seems like it's not in your best financial interest to replace athletes who are going on a paid bid but not to say someone gyms won't do it.......Does "the 19 athletes who qualified" actually mean athletes on the roster at the comp or you just receive credit for 19 athletes?

My understanding is they receive credit for 19 athletes. The gym can replace any or all of them if they want to. They can add 1 more who won't get the paid bid credit or they can drop the team to 12 if they want (& not get the money for the 7 they cut off the team).

Some type of roster rule needs to be in place. I don't have an opinion on how it should be worded to be fair yet protect the Summit brand, but something needs to be done.

Its was here on FB right before Cheersport. At a comp in their state I believe age ineligible athletes on a youth team (maybe). Titles removed and not allowed to go to the next comp in their state, ids required etc but the gym competed at Cheersport I believe the team we go against was not the team that was caught cheating but was same gym. Also they scored I think someone said the fifth highest score at Cheersport out of ALL the teams and won a paid summit bid. Pretty good for a small J2 team. I just hope the playing field is even at Summit :)
That was flip city. Different.

**Of course it's true, I saw it on The Fierce Boards**

Its was here on FB right before Cheersport. At a comp in their state I believe age ineligible athletes on a youth team (maybe). Titles removed and not allowed to go to the next comp in their state, ids required etc but the gym competed at Cheersport I believe the team we go against was not the team that was caught cheating but was same gym. Also they scored I think someone said the fifth highest score at Cheersport out of ALL the teams and won a paid summit bid. Pretty good for a small J2 team. I just hope the playing field is even at Summit :)

It's Flip City. I'm not going to hide their name.
Yes they have a team in small J2. I just hope those kids have to show their new government ID at the summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is they receive credit for 19 athletes. The gym can replace any or all of them if they want to. They can add 1 more who won't get the paid bid credit or they can drop the team to 12 if they want (& not get the money for the 7 they cut off the team).

Some type of roster rule needs to be in place. I don't have an opinion on how it should be worded to be fair yet protect the Summit brand, but something needs to be done.

There are just too many "opportunities" to legally cheat the system. Until they close up all of these loopholes, I really am not in favor of attending the Summit.

It had to have been large J2 because my girls won small J2 last year and I know you're not talking about us. And @TheVipersMom is right---that is a killer division. It was last year and is looking like it will be again.

Last year when you guys won small J2 I was so happy.

Last year when you guys won small J2 I was so happy.

Thank you so much. That means a lot. It was an absolutely dreadful day one....and that's putting it mildly! The girls and the coaches really rallied, though, and had the best performance ever. I guess the saying is true...we saved our best for last. I am excited to watch that division again this year. Hoping it's somewhat close to when my two compete.

There are just too many "opportunities" to legally cheat the system. Until they close up all of these loopholes, I really am not in favor of attending the Summit.
Hearing the things I have recently I agree with you. While some practices are well within the rules, I don't like them and would like to see them addressed.

Not that this is cheating, but has anyone else seen a sudden surge of really good, stacked teams that didn't exist until recently? Last comp we attended had 3 teams who (when I researched extensively) never had been to a comp or listed on the gyms original team page. But they came in.. Kicked butt and came away with summit FP bids. They didn't even have an AL. These teams would have surely received an AL by now. They were flawless. Big name gyms. Just crazy how these teams suddenly pop up ..

Oh wow....from info I'm hearing this really did happen recently and with an EP everyone knows. If true then I'm stunned they would choose to not do more.
And no...don't ask...while I have it from reliable sources I can not confirm without shadow of doubt. I just wanted to say it looks like this hypothetical was not...

Oh wow....from info I'm hearing this really did happen recently and with an EP everyone knows. If true then I'm stunned they would choose to not do more.
And no...don't ask...while I have it from reliable sources I can not confirm without shadow of doubt. I just wanted to say it looks like this hypothetical was not...
Not going to ask details, but what really did happen? So many different scenarios in this thread.

A program was caught cheating (senior kids on a junior team) at a competition. After the EP alters standings or disqualifies the cheating teams should they be required to notify the USASF and even turn over the proof they have of said cheating?

If multiple teams involved should the whole gym be disqualified or just those team(s) involved?

**if you don't like your gyms values or how they treat your child, leave. Money talks**

11935088_502327576592013_508127552554708324_n.jpg

Back