All-Star Gssa, Wsf, Bubt, American Grand Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't have any strong feelings either way about how the re-scoring is done, and I see both sides of the fairness issue.

The reality is I think all of our opinions of the fairness are dependent on the circumstances. In this instance, we think it unfair to the other teams since Senior Elite had mistakes that they now have an opportunity to correct. On the other hand, if Senior Elite's performance has been flawless up to the point of interruption, we would probably think it was unfair to Senior Elite for them to have to be entirely re-scored.

The reality is that there is no standard procedure for handling these things when they happen, so event producers just have to do their best to evaluate the situation and remedy it as best they can given the circumstances at the time.
Every competition I've been to if a routine is stopped (injury, music issues, etc.) and the team gets to perform again, they are required to do the entire routine again, but are only re-scored from the point the routine stopped. I didn't see the routine, but I saw that they had 2SF. if those falls happened before the light issue occurred, those should most definitely stick with their score.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I think teams in general should have to do the full routine again, but are only scored from the point of interruption. In my opinion, it's really the only fair way.

Then, in both scenarios, it's only fair to begin rescoring from the moment the unexpected problems happened. The skills that hit or didn't hit before that point happened in a regular competition situation, so they shouldn't be erased because of something that happened afterwards.

I don't disagree. And I would have no problem with the decision to handle it that way.

My examples were meant more to comment on how we perceive the fairness of the situation, rather than how the event has chosen to handle it.

im just gonna sit here and patiently wait for some video, of any of the large teams, or cali, or f5, heck anything.... :p

They aren't competing at a comp that listed in the title but I figure every one would wanna see so :

MARYLAND TWISTERS F5 MED SR 5: 2TD, slight pyramid issue...Great performance.

Last edited:
#WSFLouisville
Bid Order Projection:
ICE Lady Lightning 96.10
Stingrays Slate 95.15
ICE Thunder Girls 94.5
Stingrays Steel 94.45
Ultimate Athletics Prodigy 94.1
Stingrays Orange 93.40

you must win your division to be eligible for a bid.
4 paid bids, not sure about at large

#WSFLouisville
Bid Order Projection:
ICE Lady Lightning 96.10
Stingrays Slate 95.15
ICE Thunder Girls 94.5
Stingrays Steel 94.45
Stingrays Orange 93.40

There are 12 At-Larges up for grabs at WSF.

#WSFLouisville
Bid Order Projection:
ICE Lady Lightning 96.10
Stingrays Slate 95.15
ICE Thunder Girls 94.5
Stingrays Steel 94.45
Stingrays Orange 93.40

On the bid rules, it states that WSF can change how they award the bids! I take that to mean that just b/c you win your division, if there are teams that have outscored a division winner they will get a bid!

On the bid rules, it states that WSF can change how they award the bids! I take that to mean that just b/c you win your division, if there are teams that have outscored a division winner they will get a bid!
Just going off what cheerupdates tweeted, not a scooby dooby doo of the rules!

Back