All-Star Gyms Merging In Maryland

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My goodness I can't keep any of this stuff straight. My head is absolutely spinning.

It's funny how many people in MD can only find good things to say about their own gym and are just full of negativity toward every other gym in the state.

Same ...stuff, different day.
THIS is a totally false statement! I started my own gym renting space from the Maryland Twisters (they could not have been nicer!); I have a lot of respect from and friendships with the teams here in our state. Looking for a great gym to join in Maryland? Well, we have something for everyone!! Sure, it get crazy here, but this is competitive place to cheer. On any given Saturday in the winter, plenty of incredible teams take to the floor against each other, but in the end, that is someone's child out there and we all know it.

THIS is a totally false statement! I started my own gym renting space from the Maryland Twisters (they could not have been nicer!); I have a lot of respect from and friendships with the teams here in our state. Looking for a great gym to join in Maryland? Well, we have something for everyone!! Sure, it get crazy here, but this is competitive place to cheer. On any given Saturday in the winter, plenty of incredible teams take to the floor against each other, but in the end, that is someone's child out there and we all know it.

well you my love are one of the few. i hear a ton of gym bashing in MD, not from my cp's program but from others. especially sitting at comps. fortunately i have taught my daughter to clap for all of the teams because that's what i do.

yup for you to reach out to me (a complete stranger) in January last season to check on my injury you gave me faith in the cheer population of MD. Thank you!

Supposedly the email that went out to all of Fusion that said there would be a new owner, "went out in error", and it's actually the same owner. Very confusing! Thank God a solid cheer organization is coming to Frederick...Nitros!

what is going on with nitros? i heard that they don't have any coaches for this location???? and that at the open house or try outs someone's father (who apparently has a criminial background) with no qualifications to do one mans was stunting and evaluating the kids??? that scares me, i don't want anyone putting my kid in the air if they aren't qualified and don't know what they are doing.

i know nitros is a good program just unsure as to what is going on at this location and if what i am hearing is true it doesn't sound like they will have any teams or be open long.

what is going on with nitros? i heard that they don't have any coaches for this location???? and that at the open house or try outs someone's father (who apparently has a criminial background) with no qualifications to do one mans was stunting and evaluating the kids??? that scares me, i don't want anyone putting my kid in the air if they aren't qualified and don't know what they are doing.

i know nitros is a good program just unsure as to what is going on at this location and if what i am hearing is true it doesn't sound like they will have any teams or be open long.

I've heard the coach they hired to run the Frederick location is an ex-football player, so I'm not sure what his qualifications are to coach cheerleading, much less oversee the program. Yes, one of the dads was stunting kids at the open house and evaluating at tryouts, and, as far as I know, his only cheerleading experience comes from chauffeuring his own kids to and from practice. Upon a search of the Maryland Judiciary site, it is true that he has a criminal record. Not quite as disturbing as all of that, but shady nonetheless if true, is supposedly they bused athletes from the DE gym to Frederick to make it look like there were more kids at tryouts than there actually were.

If I were looking into this program, I'd have some really tough questions for the owners and thoroughly check it out myself before joining.

Back