All-Star Gymtyme Opens In Lockport Illinois

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, tbh, only one of those isn't a MASSIVE jump. I mean, Illinois borders Kentucky at least. No shade at the other two; I sang Fame's praises, but this jump doesn't seem like such a jump to me.
And FAME did go to NY first, a couple years before the England gym happened. I agree, Kentucky to Illinois is more along the lines of Cali to Nevada or Arizona.

Well, tbh, only one of those isn't a MASSIVE jump. I mean, Illinois borders Kentucky at least. No shade at the other two; I sang Fame's praises, but this jump doesn't seem like such a jump to me.
Just checked a US map and feel totally stupid because I never realized that IL and KY touch borders.... :oops:

Just checked a US map and feel totally stupid because I never realized that IL and KY touch borders.... :oops:

LMAO! Don't feel stupid. Honestly, I'm not sure I would have immediately thought of it if I didn't used to live in that area. When we lived in MO and would drive home to FL, we'd always wait to get gas if we were in IL because KY was a lot cheaper. And when we lived in KY my sister and I did a vacation that involved driving to STL and Chicago so I got to know the area pretty well.

And FAME did go to NY first, a couple years before the England gym happened. I agree, Kentucky to Illinois is more along the lines of Cali to Nevada or Arizona.

I havent seen fame at all in the uk this season and nothing has been posted on their facebook. I am curious to see if they will be at any competitions as we there are a few regionals left but we are into national season now with one just gone with some more june and july

I've been told that the drama is prevalent in high school cheer over there as well.
In the suburbs, yes. But we live in Chicago itself (most people who say they live "in" Chicago actually live in the suburbs, but we are actually *in* the city), so my daughter is in city schools.

Cheer is not a thing in city schools. Pretty much if you go to tryouts, you're in. No drama. And the 2 high schools we're applying to don't even have football, so there really isn't much cheerleading. She'll probably do it just to get the extracurriculars, but it's not really a thing (I don't think they compete, but maybe?)

But yes, in the suburbs, from what I see on Facebook and hear from moms in the parent room while mine is taking tumbling... D. R. A. M. A. [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]

In the suburbs, yes. But we live in Chicago itself (most people who say they live "in" Chicago actually live in the suburbs, but we are actually *in* the city), so my daughter is in city schools.

Cheer is not a thing in city schools. Pretty much if you go to tryouts, you're in. No drama. And the 2 high schools we're applying to don't even have football, so there really isn't much cheerleading. She'll probably do it just to get the extracurriculars, but it's not really a thing (I don't think they compete, but maybe?)

But yes, in the suburbs, from what I see on Facebook and hear from moms in the parent room while mine is taking tumbling... D. R. A. M. A. [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]
Spill.

Drama is anywhere if you seek it out. Droplet is about to finish her first season of cheer in IL and our gym has seen more than it's fair share of drama this season for sure. We have had an enjoyable season though, because I have stayed in my car. ;) I've associated with people who don't do the drama thing either, and it's been fine. And I have learned a lot.. As much about life maybe as about cheer, but a lot.

I am pretty sure there is a lot of information about all this with GT and how this will affect the gyms in the area. This is only the beginning of all the announcements, yall!

Don't ask me for info though.. I can only tell you what the view is from my car, and I plan to keep it that way!:p

UA is Merging with CCR. Has far as GymTyme the owner of UA Just brought the rights to use the
Name for UA south, the last 2 times UA South tried to open gyms in the south suburbs it didn't work. Gymtyme ky has nothing to do with this merge except in name only. A email was sent out regarding this and it clearly states that.

I cheered in Illinois for six years, both allstar and high school. Thankfully my parents in the Allstar days always remained in the car and never liked to partake in the parent room conversations (we laugh about some stuff that was overheard to this day). I feel that drama is present in every aspect of cheer, in Illinois cheerleading, at least, it tends to surface more I guess lol.

High school cheer was the best season of my cheer career (and my senior year) and was one of the best choices I made. I was fortunate to be part of a program that did not encourage drama nor have too much of it. Yes, cheerleaders will be cheerleaders and parents will be parents, but it was never something that made the experience uncomfortable or unpleasant. My parents and myself both have nothing but positive memories from that experience (though we are lucky).

It will be interesting to see how this turns out, I'm excited!

I havent seen fame at all in the uk this season and nothing has been posted on their facebook. I am curious to see if they will be at any competitions as we there are a few regionals left but we are into national season now with one just gone with some more june and july
I was curious about that to be honest...it was all a big to-do and then not much of a peep later on.

It's no different than cheer drama everywhere. Mostly caused by moms, not kids. It's just too much - I'm really glad we don't live in the burbs.

I don't think you have to participate in IL drama - or seek it out - to know it's here. I was here one month before it jumped right out in front of me. I literally didn't know one person in Illinois, and got cheer drama gossip from a stranger at the American Girl Doll store. (my daughter had on something from Fame and someone stopped us - and started in with the gossip within a few seconds of me saying we were looking for a gym still, because we had just moved here)

Back