All-Star Hair Styles For Girls @ Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 28, 2010
So...being a male coach.....I am not good on whats "in" with girls hair styles. We are looking for something that rocks for our next competition...Any good ideas out there with pictures?

poof and some hair up some down, i love it and it makes the girls look older and gives them attitude and sass

Our squad have recently came back from BCA Midlands. We had our hair ragged (so it went curly) & wore it in a high pony. Then we had the front french plaitted to one side (to keep fringes out of the way), it seemed to be knida popular as a few other teams had this. I personally found the curls hard to get to sleep with, but the plait was ok though. Other teams had high ponies with the pony then back combed. We've also done a quiff/poof & high pony. Something that I'd say is easier for everyone to do themselves would be the quiff & high pony :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.254672981989.151566.616046989 hopefully that link will work :)

So...being a male coach.....I am not good on whats "in" with girls hair styles. We are looking for something that rocks for our next competition...Any good ideas out there with pictures?
What's the age group?
Half up half down with curls is always perfect for junior/senior aged girls because it's sassy.
But if you have pictures of your unis, I can come up with some cute stuff for younger girls too.

Here is a picture here - http://www.northdublinwildcats.com/scale.html It is like a light blue sparkly thing on the arms!
Since there's a lot going on with the sparkles and everything in the uni, I say big poof and high pony. Make sure your girls put their ponys a lot higher than that picture. I always say that it should go RIGHT behind the bobby pins for your poof or as close as possible. The bow should be 'framing' the poof.

My team does half up half down curled, its takes effort, but curls keep hair out of the girls faces and i think it looks prettier then a bump and straight pony. When i crossed back to a open 5 team, we had alot of younger girls on our team and the girls made them look older and more sophisticated. I'd definately go with that:)

poof and some hair up some down, i love it and it makes the girls look older and gives them attitude and sass
I agree. Except for the poof! Grrr! :mad: I can never get it just right. I grew up in the decade of big hair...the 80's. You would think I could get it perfect! Nope!

I agree. Except for the poof! Grrr! :mad: I can never get it just right. I grew up in the decade of big hair...the 80's. You would think I could get it perfect! Nope!
I think my hair REFUSES to poof. It always tries to part down the middle, no matter what I do. Which is odd, because my hair holds any type of heat styling/other styles..

Back