All-Star Hair Styles For Girls @ Competition

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think my hair REFUSES to poof. It always tries to part down the middle, no matter what I do. Which is odd, because my hair holds any type of heat styling/other styles..

Flat iron it forward, tease it a lot before you clip it back and of course hair spray haha. I had that problem too and teasing it helped out a lot

Half up and down can really get in the way if the girls have long hair which they look like they do.

I think my hair REFUSES to poof. It always tries to part down the middle, no matter what I do. Which is odd, because my hair holds any type of heat styling/other styles..
dry shampoo..you will thank me later! it's what i have to use in my daughter's hair to give it some texture bc even WITH volumizing shampoo, volumizing styling products, AND hairspray it still isn't enough bc her hair is sooo fine and thin. The dry shampoo adds texture like you wouldn't believe!

for yalls poof issues, take the hair you want to poof (not to much or it wont work) and pull it forward and hold it there (ijust bite it), then out your hair all the way up (i go upside down), then take the hair you sectioned off and hold it up, hair spray and then come/brush up, then back comb, then lightly brush the front (so its smooth) then gather it bobby pin down (alteast 4 pins and make sure they cross!!) then hair spray the poof, at this point your pony tail should be right behind the bobby pins, then rubber band the tail you your poof into your pony, then hair spray the fly aways,add the bow, and your done!! Lol! I know it looks long but its really not that hard! I do it like every night for practice!

xtremeteal4life said:
dry shampoo..you will thank me later! it's what i have to use in my daughter's hair to give it some texture bc even WITH volumizing shampoo, volumizing styling products, AND hairspray it still isn't enough bc her hair is sooo fine and thin. The dry shampoo adds texture like you wouldn't believe!

Dry shampoo is AH-MAZING! I use it regularly (my hair usually takes about 45 minutes to blowdry). It's a life saver and it adds so much volume!

my hair gets difficult with the poof...but use one of those mini rubber bands (i even use old bands from when i had braces since they're fun colors haha) with the hair you want to poof...put it in and then push the rubberband forward, then bobby pin it in place. it holds a lot better too.

I love just a straight pony and my older girls add a poof. I like the look of half up/half down, but on the floor it can look sloppy and distracting at times. Several school teams in the area do the side french braid to a pony...it's very cute.

I remember cheering in HS and having to wear the Wiglets for competition...hahha

Back