All-Star Hairgate 2015 - Mom Upset Daughter Is Off The Team Because She Wont Straighten Hair For Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I may be late to the party but we can all agree this is absolutely RIDICULOUS.

Straightening your hair 14 times out of the year will not cause any permanent damage... of course it takes longer and may require more product with curly hair but honestly NOT A BIG DEAL. Plenty of girls white/black/etc use fake hair an easy fix to the issue. This mom is beyond crazy cheer mom she is just CRAZY

Welcome to the world of not getting your way. GOOD JOB WE for not backing down on their stance and bending rules for some/not others. Guess what if you want to cheer in college most programs require you cut your hair short enough to see the name on a uniform - you don't see any moms up in arms about that!

Alright, RANT OVER. Had to post it here since I have no cheer people to complain to :)

Welp. When I saw WE's statement I knew that someone would shade them for what sounded like the "I'm not racist I have black friends " card, but I kept my mouth shut.....this reporter went there.

I do have to give the station props for a good description of "extreme cheerleading". They treated the sport with respect in the lead in, even if they sensationalized the story within it, imo.

Last edited:
So, since every Duggar 911 phone call gets summoned by the media for public release---anyone wondering when someone will request the WE one release? I mean seriously, that is how easy this whole thing would be to debunk and it's public record so it's not like it can't be gotten!

I'm seriously having Deja Vu to Season 1 of Dance Mom's right now with the crazy Preacher mama.

Hairgate 2015. Can we rename the thread now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, but I must sue FB for copyright infringement...I already have a copyright on "hairgate, " but you know, I will gladly settle out of court for a handsome fee...haha!

Just starting to look at the thread now (didn't even care to click on it at first cause the title just looked so overly dramatic and goofy, but the rename got my attention). I read a little at the beginning and now the end and watched the Pix11 story. Wow - is All Star cheer going to get a bad rep over this if this keeps getting momentum. That Pix11 story was very anti-cheer and that WE statement probably made things worse - my bet is the person who said that probably wasn't thinking they would be quoted :/. Of course, the girl having 3 halves to her head doesn't make them look too bright either, but she is only 11 (although she looks older).

I bet this girl and mom will have a very hard time cheering anywhere else ever again, so hopefully it was worth it for them to make the gym look bad.

The mom could be a crazy SM about everthing, but she could also just be overly sensitive about her CP's ethnicity for some reason and is taking the hair thing harder than the vast majority of parents would. Maybe it's a little of both.

What's that phrase? - 2 sides of every story, w/ the truth lying somewhere in between.

It's pretty doubtful IMO. Too much real news happening and history being made, our local news sources are far from lacking in content right now!

I can't imagine Missouri covering anything else right now than well, Mizzou!

U don't know how badly I want to call pix11 and tell them to stop giving this story more attention. Everyone (outsiders) are going to think that all cheer teams so straight ponytails and that's not the case at all.

I'm sorry but the only one holding the girl back from her cheering dreams is her mother. She refused to compromise. Why is ur daughters hair so special compared to others. And the way the phrased some things making this seem like a hate crime. It's ridonculous!!!

Please
7907d13e6d56b3ba995f3fa7f827155f.jpg

tell
be58846d374daca5310dfb4e4653db8e.jpg

me
490464969513e4da6cb013.jpg

again
tumblr_m2l7p4tyHU1qlf0nco1_500.jpg

how
34396327151ccc7c7beb09.jpg

curls
165128L-7737-img_3727.jpg

have
a0249b7ad001cb8c988c031acad7f51d.jpg

no
Megan-cheerleading1.jpg

place
img-thing

in
tumblr_mvd29h0kYW1qm7csuo1_1280.jpg

cheer.
f91f844de97a15bfeabe3fdf52432582.jpg

Really. I'm listening.

That news clip basically twisted the ENTIRE story in a way to make WE look like the ultimate bad guy. Nothing in that story was any sort of accurate. Don't you just love the media? :) This is why I take what the news says with a grain of salt.

So I went on the pix11 website to comment on the story and demonstrate how ludicrous the media is turning this SM tantrum etc... Apparently the headline is changed to this:
5c4c3d5a6cf7d4fb27da77f6d802c61a.jpg

And my reaction is this:

8d7885a5d09aa24e4b2ba5dc67558958.jpg

#done

Haha we tag teamed! I had sent them an email and listed the facts and asked what degrees their "journalists" had since they weren't able to research, find factual information, or interview the other 500 or so WE athletes and parents to confirm the accuracy of what this mother was accusing the gym of.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Back