Half Tops Or Full Tops?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel half tops. As a new cheer mom, at first I thought "oh no, it's exploitation." But I've since really appreciated how much these girls have to have strong cores. I therefore now appreciate the 'hey look at my core as I do xyz tumbling."

I like both. I like the half tops because they give a really allstar look and I like the full tops for the clean college look. I have a full top uniform because in Norway juniors can't have half tops and my gym uses full tops on all teams.

I like full tops because they look good on everybody. I'm sorry .... but when I see a larger girl with a flabby midsection in a half top ... I literally think "NO ..... please find another sport." But if this girl, who probably is a kick butt tumbler and cheerleader, was in a full length top, people would focus on her cheerleading skills. Not the fact that her belly is jiggling through the entire routine. Sorry .... just my opinion, but you asked.

Depends. If you have girls aged older than say, 8 or 9, with nice bodies, go for half. If you have heavy girls and/or younger girls, full.

I cheered my whole life in CEA crop tops. So personally, I feel like they're easier to move around in and whatnot. When I cheered high school freshman year, it was weird to have a full top. I felt restraint almost. At my new gym, our uniforms were kind of in between, and you were able to decide if you wanted the long, medium, or short top. This was great for our heavier girls. I think all gyms should give this option!

Full tops because they are flattering on everyone, regardless of body type. I find the half tops to be distracting on people with a less than perfect body type and let's face it............that is most people.

Back