OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I adore the lorac pro palette but I actually notice more fallout from that then Naked. I do agree the quality and lasting power of the pro palettes is phenomenal! You should try their alter ego lipglosses-amazing! Although their new pencil eyeliner dries out pretty quickly so beware of that.

I wonder why the fallout is different for different people? Maybe the brushes we use? Application technique?
How is the staying power of the lip glosses?
I just got a Marcelle waterproof liner in my Birchbox last month and it's a nice, smooth pencil. I tend toward marker tip liquid liner, but this one is pretty good and hasn't dried out in the least!

I wonder why the fallout is different for different people? Maybe the brushes we use? Application technique?
How is the staying power of the lip glosses?
I just got a Marcelle waterproof liner in my Birchbox last month and it's a nice, smooth pencil. I tend toward marker tip liquid liner, but this one is pretty good and hasn't dried out in the least!
Hmm maybe brushes? I do feel the need to use more UD shadow than Lorac so I can deal with a little fallout! I'd say the glosses last about 4-6 hours but they feel so smooth and they're not sticky at all. I like to dab their brighter ones on my lips to create more of a sheer/just ate a popsicle stain look.

Also fun fact- Lorac got it's name because it's the founders name, Carol, spelled backwards!

UD/Named pallette fans - I have Basics and 2 and I can honestly say from experience, these are not the highest quality powders available. All that fallout on the tops of your cheeks when you apply? Yeah, that actually shouldn't happen. Think of how much is wasted.

Lol we are the same person! I said the same about 50 million pages back. I thought I was the only person who thought this. And I don't actually find them to be pigmented enough.

Gave mine to Siempre because I wasn't even using it.... I do use some pretty d@mn good brushes, so I don't know what else to try.

My next is the times nine palettes from Mac. Haven't tried them yet, but hopefully they will be as great as I think they're going to be!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

It's prob mentioned in here before, so I am sorry. But have any of you done the ipsy subscription? Do you like it? I just signed up for it cause it seemed like a good deal. Question though.. for billing I wasn't sure if I should do credit or debit card... If I do debit card does it just withdrawl from my account every month like a tanning package would do?

Lol we are the same person! I said the same about 50 million pages back. I thought I was the only person who thought this. And I don't actually find them to be pigmented enough.

Gave mine to Siempre because I wasn't even using it.... I do use some pretty d@mn good brushes, so I don't know what else to try.

My next is the times nine palettes from Mac. Haven't tried them yet, but hopefully they will be as great as I think they're going to be!

Let me know how the MAC pallette works for you. I typically don't buy MAC, not because it's not good or anything, but I'm seriously put off by the amount of marketing. But hey, a good product is a good product, and you know I love a product..
Try It CC Cream instead of foundation. Coverage is perfect, not as heavy as foundation, not as light as BB cream.

It's prob mentioned in here before, so I am sorry. But have any of you done the ipsy subscription? Do you like it? I just signed up for it cause it seemed like a good deal. Question though.. for billing I wasn't sure if I should do credit or debit card... If I do debit card does it just withdrawl from my account every month like a tanning package would do?
it actually wouldn't let me do debit so I had to do credit.. But I would assume it would be the same and just come out as it would with a credit card!

I've had it since February. some months I love, others I'm like "meh" and consider cancelling it.. however I recently starting "reviewing" the products they give me, which gives you points and I THINK helps to improve your bags. as an example, I have no interest in getting nail polish from them.. so I review it, and at one point it asks "how do you feel about this product (nail polish)" and I say that I'm not interested and haven't gotten it again! The bags they give are cute, just not very big. I can't say I've actually bought a sample I've received but there are some that I've gotten that I absolutely love!

it actually wouldn't let me do debit so I had to do credit.. But I would assume it would be the same and just come out as it would with a credit card!

I've had it since February. some months I love, others I'm like "meh" and consider cancelling it.. however I recently starting "reviewing" the products they give me, which gives you points and I THINK helps to improve your bags. as an example, I have no interest in getting nail polish from them.. so I review it, and at one point it asks "how do you feel about this product (nail polish)" and I say that I'm not interested and haven't gotten it again! The bags they give are cute, just not very big. I can't say I've actually bought a sample I've received but there are some that I've gotten that I absolutely love!
That's really helpful - Thanks! I will have to review products. The didn't let me choose debit or credit so I just put in my debit card so I hope it just take out from my account like as if I made any other debit card purchase. I'm really excited to start!

Let me know how the MAC pallette works for you. I typically don't buy MAC, not because it's not good or anything, but I'm seriously put off by the amount of marketing. But hey, a good product is a good product, and you know I love a product..
Try It CC Cream instead of foundation. Coverage is perfect, not as heavy as foundation, not as light as BB cream.
I haven't bought Mac in about 10 years but the times nine palettes look so nice, I'm going to try. I'll let you know!

I just bought foundation... Literally, like on Saturday, so I won't be able to try it for awhile (I spent $100 on 2 foundations, so I'm definitely using them!)

I love it! I've been doing it for about a year and I get so excited every month when my package comes [emoji4] I did debit card (I think) on mine and it's an AWD for the first of every month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love ipsy!! I've had it for like 4? Months and haven't gotten anything I will never use. Mine is under my debit card and gets taken out just like tanning memberships do. I have had 0 issues with it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of you tried Foxy Locks extensions?! I'm wanting to get some for thickness, volume, more length, and was looking at the 20" Superior 230g. And for $150+S&H I wanna make sure other people have good things to say about the hair/brand.

Does anyone else have issues with Watts Up by Benefit blending? It seems where ever I put it is where it stays completely.

Does anyone else have issues with Watts Up by Benefit blending? It seems where ever I put it is where it stays completely.

ugh, yes. I couldn't blend it with anything. I switched to high beam since it's liquid it's much more blend-able.

ugh, yes. I couldn't blend it with anything. I switched to high beam since it's liquid it's much more blend-able.
Good to know its not only me. I tried my finger and a beauty blender. I have high beam as well but I think I've used it like twice.

I hated mine as a highlighter! I use it as an eyeshadow base once in a while but it's not my favorite product. I agree high beam is much better, very similar in color but easy to dab on with your finger and blend. Sun beam is gorgeous on someone with a tan too!

Back