OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Sooo my stupid cat knocked my naked flushed pallet on the floor and it broke and crumbled everywhere [emoji80] so I guess that's as good as any excuse to buy new bronzer and blush. Any recommendations? I have pretty fair skin and I want something that is really blendable but still shows up.

Sooo my stupid cat knocked my naked flushed pallet on the floor and it broke and crumbled everywhere [emoji80] so I guess that's as good as any excuse to buy new bronzer and blush. Any recommendations? I have pretty fair skin and I want something that is really blendable but still shows up.

hoola bronzer and basically any benefit blush is my favorite. although, if you haven't had the palette for long, then i think some stores let you return broken palettes and get a new one

SOS!

Smashbox discontinued my holy-grail concealer. I have been wearing the Camera Ready Full Coverage stick for several years. Obviously I'm heartbroken. Anyone have a stick concealer recommendation? I need to cover dark pigmentation spots from acne and I prefer a stick because I think I can control it better. How is the Amazonian Clay stick concealer?

Someone help me! @yooolizzi @Just-a-Mom ?? Thoughts from the gurus? I have to go to ULTA today.

Last edited:
SOS!

Smashbox discontinued my holy-grail concealer. I have been wearing the Camera Ready Full Coverage stick for several years. Obviously I'm heartbroken. Anyone have a stick concealer recommendation? I need to cover dark pigmentation spots from acne and I prefer a stick because I think I can control it better. How is the Amazonian Clay stick concealer?

Someone help me! @yooolizzi @Just-a-Mom ?? Thoughts from the gurus? I have to go to ULTA today.
I haven't used a stick concealer so I couldn't tell you one that I personally like. Are you using it under your eyes? Or just on spot correcting? You should be able to get away with a pot concealer and a small concealer brush. It's not high end, but I like the NYX full coverage concealer for spot treatment. It creases under eyes though because it's a thicker formula.

I am reading really good things about the Benefit Play Stick though, it's a foundation/concealer that dries to a powder finish. It's $36, but if you spend over $30 on Benefit, you get a free primer sample.

I haven't used a stick concealer so I couldn't tell you one that I personally like. Are you using it under your eyes? Or just on spot correcting? You should be able to get away with a pot concealer and a small concealer brush. It's not high end, but I like the NYX full coverage concealer for spot treatment. It creases under eyes though because it's a thicker formula.

I am reading really good things about the Benefit Play Stick though, it's a foundation/concealer that dries to a powder finish. It's $36, but if you spend over $30 on Benefit, you get a free primer sample.
Just for spots. I've heard good things about the pot concealers. I'll try the NYX full coverage one. Plus, 20% off at ULTA! Which liquid concealer do you use? I'm willing to try one, I just don't want to pick one randomly.

Just for spots. I've heard good things about the pot concealers. I'll try the NYX full coverage one. Plus, 20% off at ULTA! Which liquid concealer do you use? I'm willing to try one, I just don't want to pick one randomly.
I took a leap of faith after watching 5 YouTube videos on it, but bought the NYX HD concealer. I actually really really like it. It was terrible when I used a brush to blend it out, caked up, dried out my skin, and flaked off. When I used a damp beauty blender though, it blends flawlessly. It's weird how much the consistency changed just by switching how I applied it. I wear the yellow shade because I have super dark under eyes and it covers them completely.

ETA: this is the video that really made me commit to buying the concealer.

Last edited:
I took a leap of faith after watching 5 YouTube videos on it, but bought the NYX HD concealer. I actually really really like it. It was terrible when I used a brush to blend it out, caked up, dried out my skin, and flaked off. When I used a damp beauty blender though, it blends flawlessly. It's weird how much the consistency changed just by switching how I applied it. I wear the yellow shade because I have super dark under eyes and it covers them completely.
Ah yes. Many YT videos later and I'm using the Age Rewind concealer under my eyes.

SOS!

The concealer I swear by is, of course, Laura Mercier. Which is at sephora, not ulta. Lame. It's in a pot with a brush - not a stick. I've never used a stick one, sorry! [emoji22]

I'm sort of just OK with the amazonian clay. I like it, but probably won't buy it again (foundation, not concealer - but I would think they'd be similar in quality?)

I use Benefit's Boi-ing concealer. It is ok, not the greatest, but now that we are on the topic I may have to do some shopping around!

SOS!

I use the Amazonian Clay stick and I like it! It's not perfect, but I haven't found something I like better. I have seriously dark under eyes and some really visible blue veins near my temple and it covers that all really well. My only complaint is that it does get stuck in creases... like if I have a random pimple, it's perfect. in the under eye area it builds up in the creases of my eyes and I have to wipe it every once in a while.

I use the Amazonian Clay stick and I like it! It's not perfect, but I haven't found something I like better. I have seriously dark under eyes and some really visible blue veins near my temple and it covers that all really well. My only complaint is that it does get stuck in creases... like if I have a random pimple, it's perfect. in the under eye area it builds up in the creases of my eyes and I have to wipe it every once in a while.
Yeah, I don't use stick concealers under my eyes anyways. I watched a YouTube video that was talking about how you're not supposed to use thick concealers under you're eyes because they build up and crease -- that's just what they do. If they're good for pimples, then I'm happy!

I really like my Maybelline Age Rewind under eye concealer if you're looking to try a new one.

Latest posts

Back