OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have at least one of pretty much every "type" of makeup item from MAC. Even though you're getting event makeup done by them, they'll still use colors that suit you and you can ask them how to transition it to a more wearable look. I don't really care for their foundations, but there are quite a few products I absolutely can't live without.

Love their paint pots (cream eyeshadow/base)- I use Soft Ochre as a base under all my shadows. I have very fair skin so the veins in my eyelids show through a lot of other bases. This cancels them out and makes shadow last all day.

Love their eyeshadows- I have an absurd amount of them, but Satin Taupe, Wedge, Carbon, All That Glitters, and Coquette are probably my favorites. So pretty and easy to blend with minimal fall out.

I use fix + multiple times every day. At first I didn't really understand the product (it's just a facial mist spray) but somehow it makes your makeup look so much better. In the morning I use it to kind of perfect my makeup I guess? and then in the afternoon I use it as a pick me up. It's not a setting spray that makes things last longer, but it kind of just blends everything together and makes your makeup look more natural? Don't know how to explain it but I can't live without it haha.

And I think their eye brushes are really great if you're looking to splurge on brushes. 217, 224, and 266 are my most used brushes. I have two of their face brushes but find they shed and don't work as well as cheap real techniques brushes
Thanks for the suggestions...I'll have to look into the fix +. That sounds really cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case anyone hasn't mentioned it, at Sephora you can get your makeup done with a $50 purchase and it doesn't have to be a makeup purchase. Just call ahead to make an appointment.
Fave mascara is Dior Extase, foundation- hourglass veil, setting- mufe HD translucent, contour & brow- anastasia, eye-shadow, Kat con d & mufe, primer- sephora ultra smoothing, eyeliner- Marc Jacobs geliner does not move ever, and the hourglass obsidian is super thin and magic, beautyblender is great, lipstick depends on the day ;) and psa - don't forget to clean your brushes

Last edited:
bumping this threat.

Any must haves for spring/summer?? Looking to do a little make-up shopping and switch things up now that its no longer (thank the lord) winter.

I like switching to a powder foundation in the summer because it helps with my oily skin and doesn't melt off my skin like my usual liquid. My favorite powder foundations are IT cosmetics celebration illumination powder foundation(it's not shiny at all like it sounds, just not as flat looking as the matte one and wears forever over a primer) and Urban Decay new powder foundation( it doesn't wear as long but it is so soft..it almost feels like a cream!)

Also highly suggest getting waterproof eye makeup. Stila stay all day eyeliners and Benefit Bad Gal waterproof mascara are my favorites. Maybelline the Rocket waterproof mascara is pretty great too!

I like switching to a powder foundation in the summer because it helps with my oily skin and doesn't melt off my skin like my usual liquid. My favorite powder foundations are IT cosmetics celebration illumination powder foundation(it's not shiny at all like it sounds, just not as flat looking as the matte one and wears forever over a primer) and Urban Decay new powder foundation( it doesn't wear as long but it is so soft..it almost feels like a cream!)

Also highly suggest getting waterproof eye makeup. Stila stay all day eyeliners and Benefit Bad Gal waterproof mascara are my favorites. Maybelline the Rocket waterproof mascara is pretty great too!
I second this! Love this product!!!

:( crying as I live in Canada and we dont have those stores! Oh well, maybe next time I'm in the states ill try and pick it up! No way do I trust ordering foundation on the internet!
Awh sorry! I feel bad recommending it now. But if you get the chance to try it out, I definitely would!

Any recommendations for a bb cream for oily skin with moderate coverage? I want to try something lighter for summer and the sephora employee convinced me to get a cc cream. What she called dewy looks like I stood out in the rain.

Any recommendations for a bb cream for oily skin with moderate coverage? I want to try something lighter for summer and the sephora employee convinced me to get a cc cream. What she called dewy looks like I stood out in the rain.
I like the Rimmel one! It is pretty matte so it should work for oily skin!

Back