OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I saw that a few makeup on Instagram promoting this lip plumper suction thing, it's pretty cool. But then another makeup girl I follow posted that using a long shot glass has the same effect, so I tried it. This is so crazy!
b536121ee88823ebafc53a8d5d395c04.jpg
This was the craze in school a week ago-we ended up with over 100 girls walking around with blue and purple lips for a week as they'd used a plastic bottle and badly bruised their lips. Please be careful!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I saw that a few makeup on Instagram promoting this lip plumper suction thing, it's pretty cool. But then another makeup girl I follow posted that using a long shot glass has the same effect, so I tried it. This is so crazy!
b536121ee88823ebafc53a8d5d395c04.jpg

This made me LOL. I wonder how my lips would turn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hahaha this reminds me of the time I bought this kind of lipgloss that made your lips burn and swell like crazy. I convinced a friend at work to put it on, she has very big lips already. she looked horrible!
later that day we also made another girl put it on, not telling her what the gloss would do, just used to excuse we thought the color would look great on her. she put it on and inmediatly after a client came to her desk, while she was helping the customer she couldnt stop scratching her lips since they were so itchy and we couldnt stop laughing:)

Not really high end (and really only applies to Canadians), but London Drugs has started to sell E.L.F. makeup. It looks like most things are $3.99, which is cheaper than Target.
My CP LOVEs the Elf fake lashes (natural look) for $1 each here at Target and Wegmans...FABULOUS beauty buy!!!!

hahaha this reminds me of the time I bought this kind of lipgloss that made your lips burn and swell like crazy. I convinced a friend at work to put it on, she has very big lips already. she looked horrible!
later that day we also made another girl put it on, not telling her what the gloss would do, just used to excuse we thought the color would look great on her. she put it on and inmediatly after a client came to her desk, while she was helping the customer she couldnt stop scratching her lips since they were so itchy and we couldnt stop laughing:)
That happened to me too! Anything that has that "plumping" ingredient makes mine itch/burn...and swell WAY more than I think is intended. LOL

Omg I bought a Too Faced blush last week, I can't remember what it's called exactly, but it's in a little heart shaped box. It's SOOOO pretty! Super shimmery & I got the peach shade- which is soooo perfect for me. I have rosy skin to begin with and this doesn't make me look too pink like most blushes do. Seriously sooo obsessed w it!!

This reminds me of cheer camp when I got an elbow in the face and I looked like I got a really bad lip augmentation done only on my upper lip for about a week.

Just bought Mally Face Defender. Has anyone used this yet?
de4f8e2ca730b37f55eb1f94c5884dfd.jpg

@ErinS thank you for recommending the stila eyeliner :). It works so well. I wore it today while being outside in the sun most of the day. No smudging or anything.

Double post so I finally took out my desk from storage and set it up with all my makeup stuff. I like it so much and so does everyone else. I was getting tired of standing up while doing my makeup. Also been all crafty lately. I melted some lipstick and EOS together to make tinted lipgloss. It came out nice.

Sorry for the double post but I still need 35 more dollars worth of stuff and I can't think of anything. Any suggestions? It can be high end or drug store.
Do you need any makeup brushes? IT brushes are great. Also if you need a setting powder IT bye bye pores is amazing(I'm kind of obsessed with IT haha). Stila liquid lipsticks are amaaaazing, my favorite is the nude color. And getting backups of your favorite things is a good idea too!

I've been waiting to get backups of the things I use all the time since I don't actually have to pay for them. Is there any IT bushes you recommend? I have the bronzer one from them but thats it.
My favorites all the all over powder and the complexion perfection! I don't have a lot of experience with their eyeshadow brushes but I've heard they're good too!

Does anyone have any suggestions on MAC makeup? I'm getting my prom makeup done there and they said the flat fee is a $50 makeup purchase, whether or not I use it that day. I have a few of their lipsticks, but that's all I've tried of that brand. I'm open to trying anything, so if you have any favorite products there, I'd love to hear about them!

Does anyone have any suggestions on MAC makeup? I'm getting my prom makeup done there and they said the flat fee is a $50 makeup purchase, whether or not I use it that day. I have a few of their lipsticks, but that's all I've tried of that brand. I'm open to trying anything, so if you have any favorite products there, I'd love to hear about them!

I have at least one of pretty much every "type" of makeup item from MAC. Even though you're getting event makeup done by them, they'll still use colors that suit you and you can ask them how to transition it to a more wearable look. I don't really care for their foundations, but there are quite a few products I absolutely can't live without.

Love their paint pots (cream eyeshadow/base)- I use Soft Ochre as a base under all my shadows. I have very fair skin so the veins in my eyelids show through a lot of other bases. This cancels them out and makes shadow last all day.

Love their eyeshadows- I have an absurd amount of them, but Satin Taupe, Wedge, Carbon, All That Glitters, and Coquette are probably my favorites. So pretty and easy to blend with minimal fall out.

I use fix + multiple times every day. At first I didn't really understand the product (it's just a facial mist spray) but somehow it makes your makeup look so much better. In the morning I use it to kind of perfect my makeup I guess? and then in the afternoon I use it as a pick me up. It's not a setting spray that makes things last longer, but it kind of just blends everything together and makes your makeup look more natural? Don't know how to explain it but I can't live without it haha.

And I think their eye brushes are really great if you're looking to splurge on brushes. 217, 224, and 266 are my most used brushes. I have two of their face brushes but find they shed and don't work as well as cheap real techniques brushes

Back